Golf GPS is a simple app. It tells distance to bunkers, water hazards, and pins. Many similar apps requires subscription (hopefully no additional cost) , or you need to build your own map ahead of time. While struggling with my terrible iron shot, I got an idea. When you play golf, you see red, white, blue yardage represents 100, 150 and 200 yards respectively from the pin. The idea was why don’t I reverse it on my iPhone screen.
It draws a map around you, and put blue pin where you are. And draw red, white, blue circle around you. Since I can add circle easily, I add three more: 50, 250 & 300 yard. For those who are familiar with meter, I add an option for you.
Those circle should be enough for most player while the app allows you to drop yardage wherever you want. Drop and drag it to a point you want, and it will tell exact distance from your location. Those yardages will be stored internally and will be displayed again until you delete it.
*** You need internet connection to use this app ***
- It works any courses as long as you have internet connection
- Distance circles around your current location: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300
- Support both yard and meter
- 10-yard(meter) circles when you zoom in
- Drop yardages wherever you want to know exact distance
- Relocate yardages by drag & drop
- App saves yardages for later play
- Compass view (rotate map) to match the direction you are facing; easy to find green
- Yardages in 3 different sizes
- Support background mode for quick restart
- More yardage circles when zoom closely for accuracy
- Drop a marker (shot from) where you hit and calculate distance from it
- Purchase option to remove ads and enable Marker History View, which allows you to review your mark (short from) history after a game
minor bug fix
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I truly enjoy this app. I can see the hole for the first time and get good distances to the hole. I hope this app will have an Apple Watch 1 iteration. Is it possible to link the watch and phone so I can check distances on my watch? Thank you for this golf app.
Love the app! The easiest to use I've seen. I'm not into micromanaging my golf this is just a perfect tool for for distances to anywhere on the greens or hazards. Excellent for golfing at new courses, awesome situation awareness when planning on course tactics.
Clearing yardage markers???
I love everything about it, but i realized that there is no button to delete all the yardage markers that I put, can somebody help please.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.