Good Stopwatch is the simple, beautiful, and reliable stopwatch app that's designed to look right at home on your Mac. If you want a countdown timer instead of a stopwatch then see the companion app Good Timer.
• The window is resizable and the layout looks great at any size
• Controls disappear out of the way when you don't need them and then reappear when you move your pointer over the window
• Keyboard controls: 'S' to start or stop, and 'R' to reset
• Full screen mode, and you can click the background to hide the controls and pointer and use the keyboard controls for a completely clean look suitable for presenting to other people
• Choose whether the smallest time unit shown is seconds or hundredths of a second
• An option to make the window float on top of other windows so it's always visible
• When the window is minimized the thumbnail icon in your Dock continues to update every second
• Create as many windows as you like to time multiple things simultaneously
If you have any problems, questions, bug reports, or feature requests please email email@example.com. I aim to answer all support emails in one working day or less.
• Updated for macOS Big Sur, including an app icon that fits in with the new design conventions.
• Runs natively on new Macs powered by the Apple M1 chip.
• Added option to show milliseconds.
• Made copying the current stopwatch time include the hundredths of a second or milliseconds if you have the app set to show them.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does one thing, does it well
I'm a college instructor and make a lot of videos for my class. This app is exactly what I need to help me make sure my videos don't go too long. I set it to float on top of the other windows, and then I can go through my PowerPoints or demonstrations while making sure I don't go on too long because I can see the stopwatch hovering onscreen. Great program, highly recommend.
Great product, easy to use. Here are some suggestions for future revisions (I would gladly pay for an upgrade, but I tend to avoid subscriptions):
FIrst, it would be great to have the option of putting a header on each clock when working on different projects.
Second, if we could have the option to save the time without restarting, that would be great.
Third, maybe providing the user the option of a 2-click process for resetting the time to avoid inadvertent resets.
Fourth (this feature may be worth a subscription), having the option to link a document (e.g., Word, Excel, etc) to a clock so the clock automatically pops up (without starting) when the document is opened.
It remains a great product AS IS!
Good Stopwatch, one advice
Overall a good stopwathc add-on with minimalist design.
From my point of view, there is an advice from usability aspect that I think can make this stopwatch even better: aligning start button with the stop button that follows, and at the same time eliminating the lag between them will allow people to count time in short length, to be specific, within 1s.
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Thank you very much for the suggestion.
I decided to make the Start and Stop buttons show separately to make it extremely simple to see what was happening and what could be done at any point, but I appreciate that it makes it difficult to time very short intervals by clicking the buttons.
You might be interested in the keyboard control option, though. You can press the 'S' key on your keyboard to start and stop the stopwatch and it works immediately so you can time very short intervals that way. I hope that helps, and thanks again!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jon Colverson
- 5.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Jon Colverson
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.