Good Stopwatch is the simple, beautiful, and reliable stopwatch app that's designed to look right at home on your Mac. If you want a countdown timer instead of a stopwatch then see the companion app Good Timer.
• The window is resizable and the layout looks great at any size
• Controls disappear out of the way when you don't need them and then reappear when you move your pointer over the window
• Keyboard controls: 'S' to start or stop, and 'R' to reset
• Full screen mode, and you can click the background to hide the controls and pointer and use the keyboard controls for a completely clean look suitable for presenting to other people
• Choose whether the smallest time unit shown is seconds or hundredths of a second
• An option to make the window float on top of other windows so it's always visible
• When the window is minimized the thumbnail icon in your Dock continues to update every second
• Create as many windows as you like to time multiple things simultaneously
If you have any problems, questions, bug reports, or feature requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I aim to answer all support emails in one working day or less.
• Updated for macOS Big Sur, including an app icon that fits in with the new design conventions.
• Runs natively on new Macs powered by the Apple M1 chip.
• Added option to show milliseconds.
• Made copying the current stopwatch time include the hundredths of a second or milliseconds if you have the app set to show them.
Ratings and Reviews
great little stopwatch
Does what it says and does it well! Worth the 99¢ (support independent developers!!)
A feature I would like to see:
Simple labeling: the ability to add a label to an active stopwatch window would really expand the functionality of this stopwatch without much of a negative effect on the overall simplicity and ease of use (which I think is a key feature of this app). When I have more than one stopwatch running, a simple label on each window would help quickly differentiate them.
Super basic and reliable. As a consultant, I track time on multiple projects during the day and this app makes it really easy and simple. I especially like that it has the option to float on top of other windows. The timer window itself is small and unobtrusive. The only improvement I would recommend is an option to have the timer(s) sit and run in the menu bar.
Simple and effective.
I'm a college instructor and make a lot of videos for my class. This app is exactly what I need to help me make sure my videos don't go too long. I set it to float on top of the other windows, and then I can go through my PowerPoints or demonstrations while making sure I don't go on too long because I can see the stopwatch hovering onscreen. Great program, highly recommend.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jon Colverson
- 5.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Jon Colverson
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.