Good Stopwatch is the simple, beautiful, and reliable stopwatch app that's designed to look right at home on your Mac. If you want a countdown timer instead of a stopwatch then see the companion app Good Timer.
• The window is resizable and the layout looks great at any size
• Controls disappear out of the way when you don't need them and then reappear when you move your pointer over the window
• Keyboard controls: 'S' to start or stop, and 'R' to reset
• Full screen mode, and you can click the background to hide the controls and pointer and use the keyboard controls for a completely clean look suitable for presenting to other people
• Choose whether the smallest time unit shown is seconds or hundredths of a second
• An option to make the window float on top of other windows so it's always visible
• When the window is minimized the thumbnail icon in your Dock continues to update every second
• Create as many windows as you like to time multiple things simultaneously
If you have any problems, questions, bug reports, or feature requests please email email@example.com. I aim to answer all support emails in one working day or less.
• Updated the app's code to use the latest build tools in preparation for future updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Does one thing, does it well
I'm a college instructor and make a lot of videos for my class. This app is exactly what I need to help me make sure my videos don't go too long. I set it to float on top of the other windows, and then I can go through my PowerPoints or demonstrations while making sure I don't go on too long because I can see the stopwatch hovering onscreen. Great program, highly recommend.
Good Stopwatch, one advice
Overall a good stopwathc add-on with minimalist design.
From my point of view, there is an advice from usability aspect that I think can make this stopwatch even better: aligning start button with the stop button that follows, and at the same time eliminating the lag between them will allow people to count time in short length, to be specific, within 1s.
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Thank you very much for the suggestion.
I decided to make the Start and Stop buttons show separately to make it extremely simple to see what was happening and what could be done at any point, but I appreciate that it makes it difficult to time very short intervals by clicking the buttons.
You might be interested in the keyboard control option, though. You can press the 'S' key on your keyboard to start and stop the stopwatch and it works immediately so you can time very short intervals that way. I hope that helps, and thanks again!
Very simple and clean with a great font and good keyboard shortcuts. I would like to be able to reset the timer completely without having to to stop and start it. In other words pressing a keyboard shortcut like “R” to make it reset while it is running would be nice. This way I can track my rest times between my workouts.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.