Good Timer is the simple, beautiful, and reliable countdown timer app that's designed to look right at home on your Mac. If you want a stopwatch instead of a countdown timer then see the companion app Good Stopwatch.
• The window is resizable and the layout looks great at any size
• Controls disappear out of the way when you don't need them and then reappear when you move your pointer over the window
• Keyboard controls: 'S' to start or stop, and 'R' to reset
• Full screen mode, and you can click the background to hide the controls and pointer and use the keyboard controls for a completely clean look suitable for presenting to other people
• Choose whether the smallest time unit shown is seconds or hundredths of a second
• An option to make the window float on top of other windows so it's always visible
• When the window is minimized the thumbnail icon in your Dock continues to update every second
• Create as many windows as you like to time multiple things simultaneously
• The timer durations you've used recently are saved in the menu and easily re-used
• The app can optionally show a notification when the timer completes with a reset button that stops the alarm
• Options to have the alarm sound play repeatedly, just once, or not at all
• Enter your desired time easily just by typing, with intuitive shortcuts. For example, "5" means 5 minutes, ":30" means 30 seconds, and "2h" means 2 hours
If you have any problems, questions, bug reports, or feature requests please email email@example.com. I aim to answer all support emails in one working day or less.
• Fixed a bug where the alarm would go off at the wrong time if you set a new time and clicked 'Start' straight away without typing enter first. Thank you Dan for reporting the bug and helping me track down the cause.
• Stopped the app from keeping your computer awake when the timer has completed and the alarm sound isn't playing. Thank you Jaemin for the suggestion.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
All You Need To Get The Job Done!
If you are looking for a collection of bells and whistles, look somewhere else. But if you are looking for an on-screen countdown clock that is easy to manage, flexible in size, with times infinitely adjustable to your needs, look no further.
I am completely pleased and will use this just about every day as a Pomodoro Timer as well as a timer for all kinds of projects and events.
My congratulations to the Programmer for his wise judgment in not getting fancy in ways nobody really needs.
Perfect for Pomodoro's
Love this timer! It's perfect for setting my own personal pomodoro's and much simpler and nicer visually than all the other pomodoro apps out there. None of the other apps make it easy to see the time in BIG DIGITS in the corner of your screen - but this one does perfectly.
Also the developer is super responsive and quickly updated the app based on a suggestion I made. So great. I'm looking forward to also getting the Good Stopwatch app next!
Definitely a Good Timer
For a good timer, look no further than Good Timer. Really, all I *heeded* was the ability to go fullscreen and start, stop, and reset the timer with a keystroke — and this app delivers.
Currently, I'm using the timer in a PIP on Zoom. It's great to let speakers know how much time is remaining in their presentation. I'd love to be able to add a background to the timer (or otherwise adjust background and text colors); I'd also like to customize the keystrokes, since it would be easier to find the spacebar for start/stop and the Return or Enter key for rest.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.