Good Timer is the simple, beautiful, and reliable countdown timer app that's designed to look right at home on your Mac. If you want a stopwatch instead of a countdown timer then see the companion app Good Stopwatch.
• The window is resizable and the layout looks great at any size
• Controls disappear out of the way when you don't need them and then reappear when you move your pointer over the window
• Keyboard controls: 'S' to start or stop, and 'R' to reset
• Full screen mode, and you can click the background to hide the controls and pointer and use the keyboard controls for a completely clean look suitable for presenting to other people
• Choose whether the smallest time unit shown is seconds or hundredths of a second
• An option to make the window float on top of other windows so it's always visible
• When the window is minimized the thumbnail icon in your Dock continues to update every second
• Create as many windows as you like to time multiple things simultaneously
• The timer durations you've used recently are saved in the menu and easily re-used
• The app can optionally show a notification when the timer completes with a reset button that stops the alarm
• Options to have the alarm sound play repeatedly, just once, or not at all
• Enter your desired time easily just by typing, with intuitive shortcuts. For example, "5" means 5 minutes, ":30" means 30 seconds, and "2h" means 2 hours
If you have any problems, questions, bug reports, or feature requests please email email@example.com. I aim to answer all support emails in one working day or less.
• Updated for macOS Big Sur, including an app icon that fits in with the new design conventions.
• Runs natively on new Macs powered by the Apple M1 chip.
• Added option to show milliseconds.
• Made the app understand times with an "s" suffix at the end to indicate seconds. So now you can enter times like "45s" or "1m30s".
• Added support for using decimals for hours and minutes, so now you can enter times like "1.5h" or "22.2m".
Ratings and Reviews
All You Need To Get The Job Done!
If you are looking for a collection of bells and whistles, look somewhere else. But if you are looking for an on-screen countdown clock that is easy to manage, flexible in size, with times infinitely adjustable to your needs, look no further.
I am completely pleased and will use this just about every day as a Pomodoro Timer as well as a timer for all kinds of projects and events.
My congratulations to the Programmer for his wise judgment in not getting fancy in ways nobody really needs.
Not "good": EXCELLENT!
It is rare to find an app that is simple, effective, reasonably priced and beautiful! But...
Perhaps it could be made even simpler if the developer eliminated the hundredths of a second digits. I doubt anyone would be interested in such a degree of precision for count down.
But do not make it an option. Next thing you know, there will be a large menu attached with options for everything, from typefaces, color pickers, blinkers, etc. KIS!
Definitely a Good Timer
For a good timer, look no further than Good Timer. Really, all I *heeded* was the ability to go fullscreen and start, stop, and reset the timer with a keystroke — and this app delivers.
Currently, I'm using the timer in a PIP on Zoom. It's great to let speakers know how much time is remaining in their presentation. I'd love to be able to add a background to the timer (or otherwise adjust background and text colors); I'd also like to customize the keystrokes, since it would be easier to find the spacebar for start/stop and the Return or Enter key for rest.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jon Colverson
- 6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Jon Colverson
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.