Transform your Mac into smart digital paper and a powerful document management system.
Use the same features from GoodNotes' iPad version on your Mac and work with your documents where you want and when you want.
CREATE, IMPORT, AND EDIT DOCUMENTS ON YOUR MAC
* Create digital notebooks and type text with your keyboard or write and draw with the mouse/trackpad or the Apple Pencil using Sidecar on your iPad
* Import PDF and images to annotate them in GoodNotes
* Add documents from your Mac to existing GoodNotes notebooks via drag and drop
PAPERLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Organize your documents in folders and create unlimited subfolders
* Mark your most important documents, pages, and folders as Favorites to access them quickly
* Create custom outlines for easier navigation through your documents
* Instant export of documents or pages as PDF via drag and drop
ALL YOUR NOTES ALWAYS WITH YOU
* Sync your latest changes to your iPad, iPhone, and other Macs using iCloud
* Prepare documents on your Mac and pick them up on another device to continuously work on them
ESCAPE THE LIMITS OF ANALOG PAPER
* Move, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
* Draw perfect shapes and lines with the Shapes Tool
* powerful & smart eraser tool: Choose to erase the entire stroke or only parts of it. Set it to "Erase Highlighter Only" to leave the ink intact
* Navigate through imported PDFs with existing hyperlinks
App for iPad and iPhone is sold separately on the iOS App Store.
- fixed recurring crashes when launching the app
- removed "auxiliary windows" when opening a new window within the app
- temporarily disabled drag and drop between windows as it will currently freeze the app
- holding the CMD key on your keyboard will allow you to select multiple documents or thumbnails
Ratings and Reviews
Still slots of bugs
First of all, a little dissapointed I had to pay additional for this app when I already paid for goodnotes for iOS. I got over that but I wish that the app I paid for actually worked. It is very slow downloading documents from the cloud vs. almost instantly on the iOS version. I'm also having problems importing documents from my downloads, It crashes everytime. I love GoodNotes so I hope it gets better!
Feels like a tablet app, not Mac app
Right when the previous version was working well for me, I upgraded to GoodNotes 5 and have been dealing with new problems syncing to my devices over iCloud.
I like many of the new features, but they are very ackward to use on a Mac with a mouse--they all seem to be touch-oriented. For example, I can't type in a font size, but have to drag a slider or click arrow buttons to make changes.
GoodNotes has been my go-to tool for jotting things down, and being able to move between computer and tablet has been extremely useful. I just wish the Mac app worked more like a desktop app.
On the Mac, but still designed for iPad.
It is really exciting to be able to extend the functionality of Goodnotes to the Mac through project Catalyst, however more than just a simple port of an iPad app is needed to deliver the familiar Mac experience.
For example, the scrolling through of documents behaves exactly like an ipad does with momentum being carried through the scroll. I have to touch my Magic Mouse in order to get the page to stop!
Additionally, alot of the UI is reminicent of iOS, and not MacOS. It seems that some more devemopment work needs to be done in order to bring the full Goodnotes potential to the Mac.
It is sad to see that after delaying the launch the developer did not do a final check to make sure this build was truly ready for launch.
I look forward to future updates as the app gets more refined to be the Mac counterpart to an already great iPad experience! I will change my review accordingly in time.
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 167.4 MB
macOS 10.15 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019 Time Base Technology Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.