Discover stories that matter to you, from readers like you. Goodreads is the world's largest community of readers.
Find new and interesting books by browsing personalized recommendations based on books you've read and your favorite genres. See what your friends are reading, write book reviews, and keep track of what you want to read. Goodreads is a free service for book tracking, recommendations and reviews.
Use our barcode scanner the next time you are in a bookstore. Add the book in your hands to your "Want To Read" shelf and browse reviews before buying.
• Get personalized recommendations and discover new books based on your tastes.
• Goodreads Choice Awards: vote for your favorite books of the year and see the winners!
• Participate in the Reading Challenge!
• Book cover and barcode scanner!
• Keep a want-to-read list.
• See book reviews and updates from your friends.
• Discover new books and explore popular book lists.
• Rate and review books you read.
• Share notes and progress updates as you read.
• Recommend books to friends.
• Join online book clubs and connect with other readers.
This release includes several app improvements and bug fixes!
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for book lovers or casual readers.
I usually never write reviews, but my life as a reader was totally changed after finding this app. I love books and always have, but life keeps you busy and you end up putting things aside. Well, this app has helped me find so many books I NEED to read, and it has helped me rediscover my love for reading! I really can’t think of anything to improve. I love the layout. I love the ability to make “shelves” to save books. It even lets you track the progress of books you’re reading. You can read your friends reviews or any reviews in general. I also love that they have a vote at the end of the year (or beginning, I can’t remember) for best books in SEVERAL genres and also have best of the best and whatnot. Browsing books by categories is also great because it’s helping me find different kinds of books so my reading list can be more diverse. The only complaint I have (which actually isn’t a real complaint) is that every time I click on this app, I find a million more books I want to read and there’s no way I can read them all in my lifetime.
Hi Goodreads. PLEASE ADD THESE THINGS
This app is wonderful. It is almost perfect. BUT every person I’ve talked to who uses Goodreads have all been in agreement it would be a GAME CHANGER if these were added:
1) A 0.5 star option. It sounds silly but it can be so frustrating deciding if a book it 4 or 5 stars. If there was a 4.5 option for example, I think all my life problems would be solved.
2) Private ratings. I’m sure if you’re an app developer you know of Letterboxd, and for me personally, if some similar features could be added to Goodreads that would make it just *chefs kiss*. For example: one of my favorite things about Letterboxd is how your ratings don’t account to a larger average rating for a movie (but in this case it would be a book). You can rate a movie and write your OWN review describing how that movie fit into your personal taste. I would love to see this on Goodreads in a way in which I could do a private review (almost like a personal diary) rather than a public rating. Sometimes i’ll read a book and recognize it’s objectively a great book, but I might give it two starts because maybe that sub-genre of fantasy romance wasn’t up my alley, so maybe that review would be nice to have in a personal journal rather than a public one because my review is sort of niche. I hope this makes sense. :))) I LOVE THIS APP!!!
I don't have room in my house for a bookcase nor do I have enough money to buy all the books I love and display them in my house. Therefore, when I found goodreads I found the perfect way to create a digital bookcase with reviews and all! I simply adore it :)
My only wish would be a DNF category aside from the usual ones (i.e.- "Currently Reading", "To Read", "Read"). Right now I have a handful of books on my "Read" list even though I didn't finish them. I hate taking credit for reading a book when I didn't but if I take it off my list I'll forget I tried it and try to read it later.
In addition, I read many books via audiobooks and I want to update my progress under “currently reading” but I have no way of knowing what page I’m on and typing in the percentage is a pure guess. In order for this to be more accurate to where I am in the book, it might be nice to have a category that tracks what chapter or minute you’re on. If this was the case I would have a more comprehensive view of my progress throughout the read. Other than these two small tweaks I love it!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. In this case, I'd suggest creating a DNF shelf and making it "exclusive," which will allow you to bypass the default shelves ("read", "currently-reading", and "to-read"). Books added to exclusive shelves cannot be added to other exclusive shelves (like "read"), but they can still be added to any of your non-exclusive custom shelves. Here's how to make a shelf exclusive:
1. Click on My Books in the header.
2. Click on "edit" next to the "Bookshelves" header on the left.
3. Find the shelf you'd like to make exclusive on your list of shelves, and click on the checkbox beneath "exclusive."
As a work around to track your progress for audiobooks, simply divide your current audiobook progress in hours into the total length of the audiobook to work out your %. For example, if you're 3 hours into an 8 hour audiobook, you have made 38% progress (3/8 = 37.5%, rounded up to 38%).
Hope this helps!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Goodreads, Inc
- 67.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2010 - 2021 Goodreads Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.