Are you curious about what Van Gogh’s Starry Night looks like up close? Have you ever toured the ancient Maya temples or met the inspirational figures of Black history? Do you want to learn about Japan’s unique food culture or incredible Indian railways?
Google Arts & Culture puts the treasures, stories and knowledge of over 2,000 cultural institutions from 80 countries at your fingertips. From the suffragettes who fought for women’s rights, to performing arts at the Paris Opera, to NASA’s archive of stunning images, discover stories about our cultural heritage. It’s your doorway to explore the art, history, people and wonders of our world.
• Art Transfer – Take a photo and transform it with classic artworks
• Art Selfie – Discover portraits that look like you
• Color Palette – Find art by using the colors of your photo
• Art Projector – See how artworks look in real size
• Pocket Gallery – Wander through immersive galleries and get up close to art
• Art Camera – Explore high-definition artworks
• 360° videos – Experience culture in 360 degrees
• Virtual reality tours – Step inside world-class museums
• Street View – Tour famous sites and landmarks
• Explore by time and color – Travel through time and see the rainbow through art
• Art Recogniser – Point your device camera at artworks to learn more about them, even when offline (at select museums only)
• Exhibits – Take guided tours curated by experts
• Favorites – Save and group your favorite artworks into galleries to share with friends or students
• Nearby – Find museums and exhibitions near you
• Notifications – Subscribe to receive weekly highlights or favorite content updates
• Translate – Use the translate button to read about exhibits from around the world in your language
• Location: used to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
• Camera: used to recognize artworks and provide related information about them
• New style sets in Art Transfer to transform your photos using iconic artworks, from contemporary art to classic portraits
• Unlock badge achievements by exploring interactive camera features
Ratings and Reviews
Google Arts and Culture
The Google Arts and Culture application is the type of application people who are curious about the cultures of the world dream of. To start off the design is in balance with a clear color background and minimal text regarding categories and article titles. Users can easily navigate the main sections of the app from the bottom tab. The app can also be used in various ways whether consuming information from the content provided which ranges from classical artworks articles on historical figures, science as well as a range of other topics. The app can be used to create content by way of galleries the user constructs. The app can even be seen as a observational lens through use of Virtual Reality and Selfies. A short review can’t do this application justice. It is well worth a download just for the ability to enrich your imagination.
Selfie option DOES work!
I'm not sure why people are writing reviews, saying that the selfie option doesn't work, because it worked perfectly fine for me. It took me two seconds to scroll down the home page, find the selfie option, read about how it is new and experimental, take a selfie, and find pieces that resembled me. Maybe it only works on certain devices, but as the owner of an iPhone 6, I assure you, the selfie option works phenomenally. Also, there are countless informational texts and articles regarding art(ists). This app is amazing and I 10/10 recommend!
This is a hit or miss. Sometimes there is a back button at the top left corner to return to the previous page. Sometimes not. I can’t tell you the amount of times I had to turn to the main page of this app to re-search the location I was just in. For example; explore by places. Click on a location from the list. Now try to go back. Yep no back button so you have to go back to Home again, click Places, sort by alphabetical...again and scroll ..again. Cmon this is 2021 Some galleries also don’t allow you to zoom in on the artwork. This is especially stupid if the artwork is what looks like to be the size of my iPhone....on my 12.9’ iPad Pro. I did not buy this giant iPad to view small pictures that don’t allow me to zoom in.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 115.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Google, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.