Get more done with the new Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster than ever, with help from Google built in.
NEW with iOS 14 - You can now set Chrome as your default browser. Follow the in-app prompt or go to Settings > Google Chrome to set Chrome as Default for all web links to automatically open in Chrome.
• SEARCH WITH GOOGLE - Chrome is the browser with Google built-in. Search and get answers on Google quickly.
• BROWSE FAST - Choose from personalized search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly browser previously-visited websites.
• SYNC YOUR CHROME - When you sign into Chrome, your bookmarks, saved passwords, and settings will be automatically synced so you can seamlessly access all your information from your phone, tablet, or laptop.
• VOICE SEARCH - Use Google voice search to get answers without typing.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. So you’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built in.
• INCOGNITO MODE - Use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• On your iPad you can now have multiple windows of Chrome at the same time. Tap and hold a link, and then choose 'Open in new window'.
• A new feature in Settings, called safety check, allows you to check whether you’re on the latest version of Chrome, whether you have Safe Browsing enabled, whether you have any compromised passwords and, if so, how to fix them.
• Auto-fill is now more secure. To auto-fill your passwords, sign in again with face ID, touch ID or your passcode.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs updating and should work more seamlessly with IOS
Yes Google and Apple are competitors and maybe I shouldn’t expect seamless integration of Google apps on an iPhone. But if Google has been able to create iOS widgets for its calendar and mail, maybe they could find a way to create a “save website on screen” option with Chrome like safari can? I use a lot of cooking websites that do not have their own apps - to access them easily, I save their home pages on my phone screen as Safari websites. Would be much nicer to be able to do this with Chrome instead.
Would be great to take this one step further — ability to create a Chrome widget stack for iOS screen that can easily scroll thru various websites I use often.
As I’ve commented before, “Read later” option is appreciated but needs to be taken further — provide folders and a direct way to create a bookmark without revisiting the page.
I love chrome but not recently
Chrome has been nightmare to use for the past few months, at first I continued using it thinking maybe you guys are going to notice or maybe other people are going to complain and we’ll get an update or something but for the past three I’ve been waiting. My main problem is when my phone accidentally goes into landscape mode the app crashes and pushes everything to the right and then when I try to undo it by flipping the phone again and flipping it back it brings edges around the the text and brings everything to the middle and then pushes everything to the lest again. Another problem is on my asus zenbook version. The chrome app is acting so strange, I can’t acces the google apps from a new tab because it keeps logging me out but on the little top bar where it shows my profile and where the bookmarks are it shows I’m logged in. I have many gmails and google different settings on my accounts so the little circle you can use to switch between accounts is very important. Both chrome on my iPhone 11 and my laptop are acting very weird and I hope and update can come out soon cause I love using them and have so much information saved in my accounts
Counterintuitive and unproductive!!
I really wanted to like the Chrome app for iOS but it turned out to be counter productive. I use a lot of other Google apps over Apple (notable Gmail and Google Maps) and after a lot of prompting from those apps to use Chrome when pushing to Safari, I decided to give it a try. After a month of Chrome usage, the app options, gestures, buttons are counterintuitive and slow. For example, I understand some people like to close their browsing session after but I never do- sure, have a close all button but why is it displayed so prominently in the app start. I have pressed it accidentally so many times and closed out my plethora of tabs which is really annoying. There’s no way to recover them if you open a new tab. There’s no option for opening tabs in background, quick new tab from a current tab just to name a few others. Page loading is slowing and constantly reloads instead of saving page data. The iOS Chrome app needs a major refresh and update before I use it again. But right now it is counterintuitive, inefficient, and unproductive.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Google LLC
- 130.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.