Download the new Google Chrome for your iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster than ever. Get the best of Google Search, and easily sync your bookmarks and passwords with Chrome on your laptop. Download the fast, secure browser recommended by Google.
NEW - You can now set Chrome as your default browser. Follow the in-app prompt or go to Settings > Google Chrome to set Chrome as default. All web links will automatically open in Chrome.
• SEARCH WITH GOOGLE - Chrome is the browser with Google built in. Search and get answers on Google fast.
• BROWSE FAST - Choose from personalized search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly browse previously-visited websites.
• SEARCH FROM YOUR HOME SCREEN - Access Chrome from your iOS home screen with the new widget.
• SYNC YOUR CHROME - When you sign into Chrome, your bookmarks, saved passwords, and settings will be automatically synced so you can access all your information from your phone, tablet, or laptop.
• STORE PASSWORDS & PAYMENT METHODS - Chrome can save your passwords and payment information, and automatically fill them into forms when you need them.
• VOICE SEARCH - Use Google voice search to get answers without typing.
• MANAGE TABS EASILY - See all your tabs in a single view and easily organize them into groups.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. You’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built in.
• INCOGNITO MODE - Use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
• SAVE YOUR SITES - Save pages for later with bookmarks in Chrome.
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• Get stronger Safe Browsing protections with Enhanced Safe Browsing. Go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Safe Browsing.
• Stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
No Dev Tools Limits This App
This app is wonderful for use anywhere you’re roaming, what with syncing data and keeping bookmarks organized between devices. That’s honestly not difficult; the difficult stuff, however, is what I need for this and other mobile browser apps to perform, like dropping a cached file with greater ease or refreshing a simple update on a style sheet. The fact this and other browser apps don’t extend developer tools to their mobile apps is a MAJOR series of demerits that takes what COULD be a four or five-star app and significantly diminishes it. If you’re not a developer, it won’t matter to you, but I’ve grown EXHAUSTED with constantly wiping EVERYTHING to to get a minor refresh, and shame on Google for not making strides — 15 years into the mobile revolution — to make that feature a part of this app.
Glaring deficiencies with a decent interface
The lack of extension support in this browser is too glaring to overlook. Every other browser supports extensions allowing ad blockers, password managers and dark mode apps to be supported along with the myriad other things extensions do. I used to love chrome and be able to overlook this for a quality browser but the competition is simply better now. The browser is not worth using over the safari browser and if you’re going to install a new one use a better alternative like Firefox. Some of the options in the menus most frequently used are hard to get to like the text search (which is almost hidden since it’s hard to figure out you need to scroll the menu it’s on.)
Support for multiple google accounts is not handled very well either. Ie clicking a calendar event link in a work Gmail opens my personal gmail calendar instead of the same account the email was sent to. Changing accounts at the top opens a blank calendar window without the event and opening it again still opens the personal email.
Personally not having a dark mode enforcement option that can easily be toggled and is robust is a complete deal breaker when I can easily get that feature in safari. (Digging through experimental settings for a half baked feature toggle that isn’t smart enough to handle not inverting things does qualify)
Switched because of ads, not happy
I used chrome years ago and stopped because the only 3x in my life I’ve ever been hacked was while using chrome, so i stopped and never got hacked again. Years later now i saw the clever ads about saving passwords and figured to give it another shot. I love the password save feature it works much better than Firefox, yet the browsing experience especially on mobile and iPad is horrible. Large menu items that take up space, I can’t get my bookmarks bar to show on screen. I have tried everything, all known fixes, nothing. I guess there is no bookmarks bar avail to be onscreen. My third party extensions like LastPass just don’t seem to work also, I’ve followed the install procedures, nothing, just a big empty search bar with very limited options and use-ability also just not aesthetically pleasing. Switching back to Firefox.
Great marketing, and idea, but poor user experience. I like the idea of the full Google integration…that’s what makes apple products so popular, everything just works together, i was hoping google and all its great products; drive, search, ect would take the hint…Keep trying its just not fun and appealing to use.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 172.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.