Get more done with the new Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster-than-ever, with Google Smarts built-in.
• FASTER BROWSING - Chrome’s address bar uses Google Search to make any fact-finding mission fast and simple. It also searches your Google Drive, so diving into next week’s vacation plan is just that much easier.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. So you’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - No matter where you are on the web, or the globe, Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built-in. Chrome also automatically prompts translation when you need it.
• MANAGE YOUR TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and manage them in the new grid shapes to easily view and compare websites.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - Signing into Chrome automatically syncs across your laptop, tablet, or on your phone. You get the same experience – no matter where you go.
• AUTOFILL FORMS & PASSWORDS - Remembering p4$$w0rd$ is a thing of the past. Chrome can store your address and payment details, so you can fill out forms with just one click.
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• Find In Page now works on iFrames, including AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages).
• When you sign up to a new site, you'll see a suggestion for a strong and unique password on your keyboard.
• You can control all your Sync and Google services settings in one place, and see what data is used by each feature.
• Your history is now synced and deleted more reliably.
• Some users will see a new design for the way Chrome offers to save passwords.
Ratings and Reviews
Love Chrome but has its issues
Normally I love the chrome app, it’s basically the only app I use on my phone and for the most part it works great (love that I’m able to login to chrome on my laptop and phone and share the tabs I have open), but ever since the last update it’s been unusable.
Every time I open chrome I’m greeted by a white screen with the loading bar at the top, which then never loads. If I swipe down to reload the loading bar just fills all the way but the page remains blank. I’ve tried looking on the support page but it just takes me to a page that describes how to download chrome, which I obviously don’t need. I’ve check for software updates on both the app and my phone, I’ve tried it with my VPN turned off and on, but nothing works.
I’m hoping the issue will either resolve itself or there will be another update soon to fix this problem because I really don’t want to have to start using safari.
New design is terrible
I used to love this app it had a convenient, simple design and I could easily navigate the internet. After the new update, I can’t say any of these things about Chrome. I understand it’s an app, things will change every now and then. But this is a major change that can risk a lot of your users.
The design itself is clunky and strange. There is no more swipe to remove a tab. The toolbar at the bottom (that auto hides, which I personally hate) is ugly, takes up space, and is a downgrade from the user friendly previous version of Chrome I loved. Not to mention it looks like a carbon copy of Safari. Like someone else said in a recent review, If we had to go on the App Store and DOWNLOAD Chrome, rather than use the pre-downloaded Safari, why would you think we liked the design of Safari?
I think you should return to the old design or at least give us an option to go back with Settings. The majority of your users dislike the Safari design, therefore you shouldn’t try to make a copy of them. I will use Safari from now on, until it is updated to look better, because I might as well if your apps look almost exactly alike.
New Tabs Lack Privacy
I’m a loyal user of chrome since It’s introduction i found it to be one of the better browsers for It’s simplicity and privacy compared to other browsers especially when using the mobile app but this update has me searching for other browsers for the simple fact that with the new tabs are now easily displayed (history bookmarks recent)this means anyone using my phone can now have the ability to click on the tab and view all my pages visited.
That is a huge no no for me as I I’m very meticulous when it comes to security and data protection. This new update does not make me comfortable at all as now i feel like anytime I close off a page i must clean my history on the off change that someone uses my phone and gets curious with the tabs right out in the open.
With the menu option on the bottom of the page that has the same listing (settings history bookmarks etc) i don’t see the need for the Tabs under the search bar...it should at least be optional and can be either kept or removed by the user. I hope this can be rectified soon i really don’t want to switch to another browser
- Google LLC
- 74.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.