Get more done with the new Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster-than-ever, with Google Smarts built-in.
• FASTER BROWSING - Chrome’s address bar uses Google Search to make any fact-finding mission fast and simple. It also searches your Google Drive, so diving into next week’s vacation plan is just that much easier.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. So you’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - No matter where you are on the web, or the globe, Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built-in. Chrome also automatically prompts translation when you need it.
• MANAGE YOUR TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and manage them in the new grid shapes to easily view and compare websites.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - Signing into Chrome automatically syncs across your laptop, tablet, or on your phone. You get the same experience – no matter where you go.
• AUTOFILL FORMS & PASSWORDS - Remembering p4$$w0rd$ is a thing of the past. Chrome can store your address and payment details, so you can fill out forms with just one click.
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• You can now switch Chrome to dark mode if your device has been upgraded to iOS 13.
• Bookmarks, History, Recent Tabs and Reading List are now presented as cards on iOS 13.
• Add a new credit card directly in Chrome from the settings page.
• A fix for a navigation-related crash.
Ratings and Reviews
First off... I love Google’s products. Chrome has been my favorite browser for all devices for a very long time. Normally I’d rate the app 5 stars but I’m not sure I understand the rationale behind the recent change to the UI for iOS. The new toolbar at the bottom of the app takes up a lot of real estate and a few sites I use tend to use sticky footers for key actions (Coinbase Pro for example). This creates a clutter of buttons all concentrated in a single area. I’m not sure I understand why the search icon is so prominent since the toolbar essentially triggers the same action and works well. Maybe you’re laying the foundation to integrate more apps in that area as a menu with a long press, and if so, then I get it. Still my favorite browser but wish I could free up that real estate at the bottom of the app, or just have the ability to maximize the page content.
Poor Choice for a 12.9 iPad
Chrome forces you into Google mobile sites (Gmail, Calendar, etc) on a screen the same size as many laptops. This wouldn’t be quite so bad if Chrome on iOS could handle multiple Gmail accounts correctly. It doesn’t.
For example, go into Gmail mobile site (even if you select Request Desktop Site). It will use your default account. Go to the bottom of the page and tap the ID to select a different account. Once you’re in a different account, tap the three lines that show you labels. Scroll down to the very tiny text that lets you select ‘Desktop’. It goes to desktop mode, but switches back to your default account... even if you sign out of your default account. Not very secure on top of giving incorrect results.
You’re better off using other browsers or a Mac. (Google’s mobile apps are not a viable option on a 12.9 iPad because of they are too trivial - minimal view of information and limited function compared to the full site.)
It’s getting worse with new updates
It’s weird to say but this version of Google Chrome made me unhappy. The previous version of it was really great, there were no lags and bugs, it rarely stopped or malfunctioned but this version isn’t that great. I was using an older version of it (I can’t remember which one it was)that was awesome in any way. I recently updated it as I reseted my iPhone but thought it would have been great, ignoring the reviews I reinstalled it and alas! They were saying the truth...
The previous version was great, it was smooth, one could jump between tabs much more easily, there was a refresh button at the top, now we have to scroll all the way up to refresh a page, no more saving images. It looks more like SAFARI now. The bigger tabs just makes it more messy.
Just changing the interface doesn’t gonna help, it is a clear sign they are just copying other browser’s stuff. I really wish there was a way you can download previous versions on iOS.
- Google LLC
- 71.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.