Get more done with the new Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster than ever, with help from Google built in.
NEW with iOS 14 - You can now set Chrome as your default browser. Follow the in-app prompt or go to Settings > Google Chrome to set Chrome as Default for all web links to automatically open in Chrome.
• SEARCH WITH GOOGLE - Chrome is the browser with Google built-in. Search and get answers on Google quickly.
• BROWSE FAST - Choose from personalized search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly browser previously-visited websites.
• SYNC YOUR CHROME - When you sign into Chrome, your bookmarks, saved passwords, and settings will be automatically synced so you can seamlessly access all your information from your phone, tablet, or laptop.
• VOICE SEARCH - Use Google voice search to get answers without typing.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. So you’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built in.
• INCOGNITO MODE - Use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• On your iPad you can now have multiple windows of Chrome at the same time. Tap and hold a link, and then choose 'Open in new window'.
• A new feature in Settings, called safety check, allows you to check whether you’re on the latest version of Chrome, whether you have Safe Browsing enabled, whether you have any compromised passwords and, if so, how to fix them.
• Auto-fill is now more secure. To auto-fill your passwords, sign in again with face ID, touch ID or your passcode.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love Chrome but the new update is making things a hassle
why with all of the unexpected crashes
the app has been crashing unexpectedly and randomly crashes for months on end for me and I don’t know weather or not the app can’t handle all the searches I do on the actual app itself or my iPad Pro can’t handle the searches from the Chrome app leading to a crash. And for further notice, it’s been behaving like this for me for 2 years now and my perspective is the Chrome app can only handle limited searches were the desktop version can handle nearly insane amounts of searches depending on the laptop or computer and experiencing sudden random crashes almost makes me think weather the Chrome app has a hidden bug or something like that or an hidden virus possibly. So developers do the best of your knowledge to fix and repair it now please because it gets on my nerves if something doesn’t work properly...
Terrible privacy problems. Find a better browser
It lets me sync my bookmarks with my laptop (on which I also use Chrome). That’s a nice feature. But it’s so mind-blowingly awful with privacy that I’ve deleted it from all mobile devices. iOS Chrome is completely lacking in every basic privacy control one would expect of any browser built after 2014.
This thing doesn’t just track and save everything you do; it presents a list of all recently-visited sites any time you open a new tab... and there’s no way to opt out of this or turn it off. You can’t even delete in bulk; you have to remove these recently-visited sites one by one unless you’re willing to clear your entire browser history.
The new tab also automatically loads a selection of news stories, and there’s no way to turn off that feature. It’s like logging onto AOL circa 1996.
Sure, you could use incognito mode, but it shouldn’t be an all or nothing choice. If I want to have my cookies and history saved without my search history being immediately presented to anyone who picks up my iPad, that should be an option.
(And why, when visiting Google sites, does it assume I want to use the most recently added Google account used in my Gmail app? Wouldn't it make more sense to assume I'm using the default/primary one if it's going to autofill the login screen? And why make it so difficult to log out so that I can log in to the proper account?)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Google LLC
- 130.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.