Get more done with the new Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster-than-ever, with Google Smarts built-in.
• FASTER BROWSING - Chrome’s address bar uses Google Search to make any fact-finding mission fast and simple. It also searches your Google Drive, so diving into next week’s vacation plan is just that much easier.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. So you’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - No matter where you are on the web, or the globe, Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built-in. Chrome also automatically prompts translation when you need it.
• MANAGE YOUR TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and manage them in the new grid shapes to easily view and compare websites.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - Signing into Chrome automatically syncs across your laptop, tablet, or on your phone. You get the same experience – no matter where you go.
• AUTOFILL FORMS & PASSWORDS - Remembering p4$$w0rd$ is a thing of the past. Chrome can store your address and payment details, so you can fill out forms with just one click.
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• A new language settings page, giving you more control over which languages Chrome offers translations for.
• You can clear your browsing data from a specific range of time, like the past hour or past day.
• Omnibox suggestions are easier to read with added thumbnails and icons.
• Includes a fix for repeated sign-in dialog.
Ratings and Reviews
Love Chrome but has its issues
Normally I love the chrome app, it’s basically the only app I use on my phone and for the most part it works great (love that I’m able to login to chrome on my laptop and phone and share the tabs I have open), but ever since the last update it’s been unusable.
Every time I open chrome I’m greeted by a white screen with the loading bar at the top, which then never loads. If I swipe down to reload the loading bar just fills all the way but the page remains blank. I’ve tried looking on the support page but it just takes me to a page that describes how to download chrome, which I obviously don’t need. I’ve check for software updates on both the app and my phone, I’ve tried it with my VPN turned off and on, but nothing works.
I’m hoping the issue will either resolve itself or there will be another update soon to fix this problem because I really don’t want to have to start using safari.
It’s ok but could do better
Why is there an intrusive random link box that pops up whenever there’s something in the images section that’s completely random on where it comes and appears to be randomly “related” to what I’m looking at even though if I wanted it I’d have looked for it. Its especially weird for the “incognito” necessary stuff if you get what I mean. If I wanted an article on “that” I’d have looked for it. Seriously. It’s weird intrusive and slows down the flow of what I’m seeing. It’s basically a huge reef spike in a vast open ocean that exists only where the “sailing” would be in that analogy. Otherwise it’s unremarkable in either direction. Oh almost forgot no matter WHAT I look up I have to refresh it for it to work even for general searches like particular memes and political cartoons. It’s not like it’s a website that changes. NVM I just checked and the first search didn’t do that but it HAD been doing that so keep an eye out for it.
Counterintuitive and unproductive!!
I really wanted to like the Chrome app for iOS but it turned out to be counter productive. I use a lot of other Google apps over Apple (notable Gmail and Google Maps) and after a lot of prompting from those apps to use Chrome when pushing to Safari, I decided to give it a try. After a month of Chrome usage, the app options, gestures, buttons are counterintuitive and slow. For example, I understand some people like to close their browsing session after but I never do- sure, have a close all button but why is it displayed so prominently in the app start. I have pressed it accidentally so many times and closed out my plethora of tabs which is really annoying. There’s no way to recover them if you open a new tab. There’s no option for opening tabs in background, quick new tab from a current tab just to name a few others. Page loading is slowing and constantly reloads instead of saving page data. The iOS Chrome app needs a major refresh and update before I use it again. But right now it is counterintuitive, inefficient, and unproductive.
- Google LLC
- 68 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.