Google Photos 4+
Smart Photo and Video Storage
- Offers In-App Purchases
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
• FREE STORAGE: Every Google Account comes with 15 GB of free storage and you can choose to automatically back up all your photos and videos in High quality or Original quality. Your photos are safe, secure, and private to you. All photos and videos you back up in High quality before June 1, 2021 will not count toward your Google Account storage.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
Thanks for using Google Photos. This release includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Ratings and Reviews
9/10 read review- last sentence explains why it’s 9 not 10
Pretty solid app. Downloaded it because Apple iCloud got full and had less space plus I’m able to use this on any phone unlike Apple photo app I can download google photos on any device and have all my photos no matter if I break a phone or get a new one I’ll always have my pictures. Google photos app also has some really cool features on it. I love that every time you open the app it downloads all new photos you’ve taken sense the last time you opened the app and not only that but it also works in the background if you don’t cancle the app out so you can literally click on the app and go onto Facebook and your photos will still upload. And it also has a feature to where the app asks you if you want to delete the photos on your phone that are in the google photos cloud so you can free up space on your phone which saves so much storage. And not to mention that you have so much space for a ton of photos and videos (and when I say a ton I mean it, bcuz I normally have any where from 1,000 to 5,000 photos on my phones. I’ve had 5 phones over time that are/ were linked with the google photos cloud app so that’s somewhere between 20,000 photos and I still have a lot of space left for 20,000 more. 10/10 stars. My only complain is I Just wished it worked better for offline use
Love it but not enough free storage
I used to recommend to EVERYONE to get and use Google Photos because automatically across all devices you can have ALL your photos in one place and you can free up the massive amount of space they take up on said devices. Plus the little Memories and fun little albums and things they make are cute especially when they do it all for you. The only problem is now the storage issue not very long after they started making you pay for storage after 15gb I surpassed 15gb. It would be nice if my email wasn’t also part of what makes up the amount stored. Now I either have to clean house which is why I got this app to begin with space and the work to maintain space somewhere being a burden. Or pay. And I just hate paying for apps and hate paying for stuff that was once free and also hate paying because I’m basically being forced to pay. Separating my emails (the thousands on my account since I’ve had gmail for yrs and yrs) from the allotment of space for my photos I think would be a good alternative to consider. That way it’s 15gb free solely for photos and after that pay. But with everyone and their mother sister aunt cousin and all their third party blah blah blah emailing me 3x a day like come on. I’m seriously considering not even keeping a Gmail any more Because of this space issue but again SOO MUCH WORK. I want big tech to make my life simpler not more complicated and aggravating. But if space or paying isn’t an issue then 100% recommend 😁
Love it-plain and simple.
Easy to use, does everything for you! Saves every pic you take and can even sync up with your other devices. You can even edit pics easily and save or archive a copy of the original and then share them to your contacts or social media/etc. directly from the app. This app also does “Remember this date..” and will show you a pic(s) from the current date just years earlier! Provides an unexpected, beautiful walk down memory lane. However, probably the greatest most sincerely personal and unique feature of Google Photos are the ‘Photo Stories’ and ‘Movies’ they compile for you out of your gallery of pictures! Sometimes they even include subject-matter-appropriate background music and include dates, times, places, and titles describing the theme of the slideshow or collage of photos which range anywhere from deeply personal and heartfelt renderings to silly, awesome, one-of-a-kind gifs you can save and use later! You can even easily purchase one -or all!- of these creations for a tangible hard copy if you want! There are literally so many more amazing features to this app that I can’t even name them all without writing a few more paragraphs lol! So, I hope this honest, personal opinion will serve as a good enough review for those of you who have yet to partake in the effortlessness that is Google Photos. 😘🤗✌🏽
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 244.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB $1.99
- 200 GB $2.99
- 100 GB $1.99
- 2 TB $9.99
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year) $19.99
- 200 GB $29.99
- 200 GB $2.99
- 100 GB $1.99
- 200 GB $2.99
- 2 TB $99.99