Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
• FREE STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free for up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD and access them from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
We improved loading speed of the backup and sync feature.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Google for yourself!!
I know most people use their smart phone’s camera to capture special moments & memories with loved ones and friends...which is great! And although, a significant 20-30% of my photo albums are as quintessential as ever...However the actual vast MAJORITY of my 256GB iPhone’s photo app memory is stock piled of screenshots I took freeze framing artistic gymnastics...as a full time gymnastics coach, I video my team girls doing skills everyday; so they can then go back and visually take in my corrections...screenshot-omg the freeze frames though have offered additional attention to certain problematic areas in their skill development and made my job a million times easier!! In addition to this freeze factor I’m able to while live feed is happening, and I have phone set to auto upload all photos to google daily, into google photos. I began google photos back before upgrading my phone to the maximum memory capability to use as free extra storage space. What I didn’t know know was what a gem I was creating over the years that was self-developing it’s own locating mechanisms as well! I use the google photos “search” bar AT LEAST 30 times a day and it works PERFECTLY. So not only does google photos store your photos in case we are left here without our apple devices in our own electronic dystopia...it ALSO HELPS YOU FIND THE PHOTO YOURE LOOKING FOR just by entering in information captured in the picture!! I AM OBSESSED❤️
Stores my photos as long as they are not 4K
It’s a bit confusing but what they are storing for me is pretty adequate for my needs. It would be nice to know I was storing the original quality but I don’t need another monthly bill besides Google Drive. It’s awesome the way they rotate some of the photos for you or give you that option. I wish they would do more in terms of the facial recognition so that you can correctly date some of your photographs were the dates were stripped in the uploading process which for me was a bit of a hellish experience because it crashed while uploading. I got past all that and everything I own is in my Google library I just don’t have them sorted properly. I’m hoping this will be done automatically in the future using the facial recognition technology otherwise I have to spend years fixing my library.
Another suggestion would be if they would show you your duplicates which are close to exact duplicates so that you can delete them on your own. Sometimes it appears to be refusing duplicates but it’s hard to tell exactly what Google is doing behind the scenes occasionally I’ll see a duplicate missing other times I find odd photos in my trash. It would be nice to know exactly what’s happening with them folders. Those are all my suggestions and why I don’t have five stars I appreciate the free storage in the meantime hoping I won’t have to go with higher quality photos in the future.
Best thing ever!
I’ve had ALL of my photos and videos from the last 10 years saved ONLY on my computer up until I discovered Google Photos. I can’t even tell you how stressful it is having all of your memories, from my wedding photos... to my kid’s entire childhoods..everything from birth to current day - all reliant on a device that is over a decade old. I swear I have nightmares about my computer malfunctioning and losing every last record of these memories disappearing for good. I have found such relief in knowing that everything I cherish from my past is now safe and easily accessible with Google Photos!
The feeling of security is priceless, (and free), but that’s just the beginning. Google Photos recognizes faces and is able to search for specific people throughout the many years. It knows my children’s ever changing faces from birth to now, which is amazing.. it puts together memories to look back on of this date from past years and has a super easy to use search system. I can search for events like “Christmas” or “Easter” and have every photo stored of those holidays from past years at my fingertips. For my Mom’s birthday I was able to put together a photo book by searching for photos containing - my Mom, my Mom and myself, my Mom and my kids.. This thing is a wizard!
- Google LLC
- 175.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB $1.99
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year) $19.99
- 200 GB $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.