Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
• FREE STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free for up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD and access them from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
We fixed a bug in the photo gallery.
Ratings and Reviews
FREE STORAGE?! Uh yes.
I was living the full-storage life. You know...when anytime something important or special happens, you try to take a photo but you can’t? I even cheated the system frequently and took photos through the Instagram app and saved them to my phone so that I could still take photos. Yeah well...my phone started crashing (#toomanyphotos) so I had to figure out a different solution. In waltzes google photos. Blessed assurance, y’all! I deleted two apps to make room for this one on my phone. As soon as I had backed up enough photos, I re-downloaded the two apps and then continued backing up my photos. -which happened to take about 5 minutes of backing up before I could download those apps again. THEN, I downloaded another app to look for plane tickets to São Paulo (guys, this storage is FREE!!) and checked the progress of the backup between comparing flights and learning Portuguese. True story. I was delighted to find that I could delete several thousand photos off of my phone, yet still access them quickly through this easy to use app. BLOWN.A.WAY. Guys. If you’ve deleted the “Stocks” app, every text message and attachment, and have resigned yourself to drawing photos of your friends and family on special occasions because your phone is out of storage and you don’t want to pay $100...GET THIS APP. 👊🏻 Tso good.
Stores my photos as long as they are not 4K
It’s a bit confusing but what they are storing for me is pretty adequate for my needs. It would be nice to know I was storing the original quality but I don’t need another monthly bill besides Google Drive. It’s awesome the way they rotate some of the photos for you or give you that option. I wish they would do more in terms of the facial recognition so that you can correctly date some of your photographs were the dates were stripped in the uploading process which for me was a bit of a hellish experience because it crashed while uploading. I got past all that and everything I own is in my Google library I just don’t have them sorted properly. I’m hoping this will be done automatically in the future using the facial recognition technology otherwise I have to spend years fixing my library.
Another suggestion would be if they would show you your duplicates which are close to exact duplicates so that you can delete them on your own. Sometimes it appears to be refusing duplicates but it’s hard to tell exactly what Google is doing behind the scenes occasionally I’ll see a duplicate missing other times I find odd photos in my trash. It would be nice to know exactly what’s happening with them folders. Those are all my suggestions and why I don’t have five stars I appreciate the free storage in the meantime hoping I won’t have to go with higher quality photos in the future.
This is the first review for an app I have ever wrote in my 9 years of using Apple products from iPhones to iPods. Genuinely this is the absolute BEST solution to modern photo issues on mobile devices to date.
I have all my photos downloaded to my phone, and they all download to my other devices as well. When I delete it on one device it does it on the other too. All my photos are fully HD and even Live Photo’s show up as videos/gifs.
When the hopefully not inevitable day comes and I break my phone, I will never have to worry that I lost my photos, the biggest fear for first world citizens of the world nowadays, because there will always be a copy saved somewhere.
On top of the convenience of this app, with it not only being full compatible with everything, but just overall simple and easy to use. It completely devours it’s competition due to its unlimited storage and functionality. Never again will I receive the obnoxious notification that my 5gb iCloud storage is almost full on a phone that has 128gb. With APPLE telling me that I have to PAY for more storage that is NOT even UNLIMITED and not nearly as compatible across non-Apple devices as google photos.
Google has always been the go-to for tools online, and they outdid themselves on this one. Hands down to them. 5/5.
- Google LLC
- 248.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB $1.99
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year) $19.99
- 200 GB $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.