With Google Podcasts, you can play the latest episodes from your favorite shows, explore podcast recommendations just for you, and manage your listening activity.
Discover podcasts that you'll love
• Subscribe and listen to all your favorite podcasts.
• Explore show and episode recommendations just for you.
• Browse popular and trending shows in comedy, news, history, music, business, TV & film, education, health & fitness, technology, arts, science, sports and more.
Customize your listening experience
• Listen at faster playback speeds or skip over silences.
• Queue up episodes for a seamless listening experience.
• Easily keep track of your listening history, downloads and subscriptions.
Listen wherever you are
• Listen on multiple devices – phone, laptop, smart speaker – without losing your place.
• Stream episodes for instant playback or auto-download episodes to listen offline and on the go.
• Discover podcasts using Google Search and Google Assistant.
This release includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Google Podcasts provide app users with everything they seek and more, all access, you can listen to Ted Talks on your device via phone or computer or tablet speaker mode, wired headphones, bluetooth car audio, sluryooth external device speaker mode, Google apps are very connected, very secure for login, and reliable, they offer free support and take feedback very seriously, Google Podcasts coming in hot🔥Impaulsive, Call Her Daddy, etc Podcast access via Google coming 🔜 (mailchimp, proton etc take a seat in the back). As for Microsoft might want to stick to tech podcasts for now (MS Azure, MS Defender, Cloud storage, and all the ROI Corporate career learning that tech folks need to hear).
Fine for casual use
I guess this app is fine. But once you have subscribed to more than 20 or so podcasts it becomes tedious to find a podcast that you have subscribed to. I think I have over 100 podcasts that I subscribe to at the moment and the only way to organize them is in one straight line. This is embarrassing for Google. Other podcast apps that you organize by tag or by category or by folder. My other main concern is that it is not possible to limit your search by language. I suppose Google thinks it has such an amazing search algorithm that all you need is one search box. ButThis is far too limiting and its algorithm is constrained by the experience of its own developers, Most of which I assume are monolingual. Or at least only searching in one language. Do they think I want to change the language of my phone in order to tell the search box in my Podcasts app what languages I’m looking for? This is ridiculous.
I don't remember the app always being so buggy but in 2022 I've been having bad luck with it. The app crashes after a few seconds every other time I launch it and start to play something, having to then relaunch the app.
Many relaunches for specific shows lose the last played position, so I'm constantly fumbling with the audio scrubber, or eventually realizing the app has gone too far back in a track that I'm hearing parts of an episode over and over again, or I lose the last played position altogether, forced to restart episodes from the very beginning.
Also seeing with specific shows that if I download an episode and add it to my queue, it fails to load the download when it comes time to play. So I have nothing playing for whatever’s next in my queue if I’m in an area with poor reception. I have to undo the download for the episode in order for the on demand audio to then actually play. Please, dev team, help iOS users out.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 58.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Google, Inc