The official Google app gives you more ways to search – Use your camera to uncover who painted that artwork, translate a menu on your travels, find out what type of dog that fluffy thing is, shop anything you can see, and solve your homework. Oh, and you can also search for songs by humming.
• Use your camera to identify what you’re looking at – whether that’s a colorful butterfly, a spiky plant, or anything else you’re curious about.
• Translate over 100 languages on things like road signs, menus, and any other words you can point your camera at.
• See something you like? Use your camera to find out where you can buy it.
• Refine your camera searches by adding words – whether you want those shoes but in ‘blue’, or want to learn how to ‘repair’ that broken bit on your bicycle.
• Search by singing, even when you’ve forgotten the lyrics. Hum a song into the Google app to find out what it is.
• Use your camera for homework help. With step-by-step guides and videos, you can learn ways to solve math, chemistry, biology and physics problems.
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you.
• Start your morning with weather and top news.
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events.
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums.
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies.
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results.
Search safely and securely:
• All searches in the Google app are protected by encrypting the connection between your device and Google.
• Privacy controls are easy to find and use. Tap your profile picture to access your menu and delete recent search history from your account with one click.
• Search proactively filters webspam to help ensure that you see safe, high-quality results.
More ways to access Google:
• Google Search widget — Search from your home screen or lock screen with the new Google widget. Choose from 2 widgets, giving you a quick search bar in both sizes, and shortcuts to choose how you Search with Lens, Voice, and Incognito in the medium size widget.
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Ratings and Reviews
New Search Window
The new window that pops up when you select a search result is ridiculous. It takes up more screen space and you are unable to select the url bar to search there like you could before. Instead, now you must return to the google search results page and type your query there instead. The page url still shows at the top of your screen, and selecting it copies the link instead of allowing you to modify it. This change significantly slows down search time and tab browsing time. Additionally, the back arrow from the top is now gone, leaving you with the back and forward arrows at the bottom, which do not have the same affect as the large back arrow that used to be present.
I like this app, I have never had much problems with it, if this change does not become optional or removed I will most likely be removing this app and looking for an alternative, as this change seriously diminishes the app’s usability.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! The product team is constantly working to improve the Search experience across all devices, so we'll be sure to pass this along for you.
About To Delete This App
I use the Google app pretty exclusively for searches and quick internet answers. The annoyances are getting greater than the help. The search by picture has turned into a vomit of results that just go based on similar color of items, not the items themselves or even brand words. The picture search USED to be helpful when looking for specific items I’m trying to buy. It’d look for that specific item, which was super helpful since sellers use different words and titles in their postings. Google killed that! Now, after the latest update, I’m forced to deal with the stupid predictive text vomit as I’m trying to type. I don’t like predictive or recommended text, so I don’t have those options enabled on my phone. Now, Goggle app is THE ONLY thing on my phone that chucks words above my keyboard that they think I’m wanting to use. Searching for answers on how to get rid of it only ends in frustration and repeated steps of “turn off auto complete” which I’ve already had turned off long ago. I don’t know who Google algorithms is tracking for most of the recommendations of websites, searches, words they think I’m trying to type, but it’s definitely NOT me. 90% of their ‘perfect for you’ recommendations are garbage I couldn’t care less about and haven’t looked up. I’m to the point of looking for an alternate search app that doesn’t give random crap recommendations or force “features” that are unwanted.
Google Aap brings annoying search bar at the bottom
Recent update Google Search bar has been brought to the bottom of the screen. Now when app is launched on Apple devices (iPhone) search bar automatically opens up (swiped up from bottom toward to top of the) which covers around 80% of the screen. Google is app is not only used for search only, instead 95% of the time this app is used for getting all kinds of updates, weather, stocks, news active, tending video, (off course sponsored linked/ ads also shows up). By covering all that, and forcing a useless search bar and covering entire screen is super annoying, and user experience and satisfaction has significantly dropped. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Please bring back old interface, where search bar is at the top which doesn’t interface with the main contents of the Google dashboard. We know how to locate the search bar to perform a search. Right now we have to swipe down the search bar first to get to the pre populated & personalized content, also search bar popes open randomly and covers the entire screen, that’s probably how people holds their phone (usually people hold phone from the lower 30-40% side) and accidentally it touches the search area and it just a pops open. This wasn’t the issue earlier though. Please bring back old interface. Of let user chose where they want to place the search bar. Thanks BK
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Please create a post in our Google Search Forum for our community of experts to assist: https://goo.gle/2YIWYHy. Appreciate it!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 321.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.