Get fast access to Google Search with the new Google home screen widget built for iOS 14. The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
More ways to access Google:
• Google Search widget — Search from your home screen with the new Google widget built for iOS 14. Choose from 2 widgets, giving you a quick search bar in both sizes, and shortcuts to choose how you Search with Lens, Voice, and Incognito in the medium size widget.
• Google Lens — Search with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• Voice Search — Search conveniently and quickly using your voice, no typing needed.
• Incognito — Browse privately by switching in and out of Incognito mode.
Search more efficiently with Collections and Contextual Actions:
• Easy ways for you to save the content you find online in one convenient place so you can keep track of what you find and pick up where you left off.
• More to explore based on what you like with recommendations inspired by your searches and preferences
• Fresh updates - whether that’s a price change on a product or the latest review of a TV series.
See the searches you began from your desktop and mobile device across Search, YouTube and Chrome for uninterrupted searching across devices.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts, and reviews
• Videos and images
• News, stock information, and more
• Anything you’d find on the web
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Ratings and Reviews
Handy aop, but it’s algorithm tends to obsess
September 20, 2021: An update apparently fixed “something went wrong” errors that had been happening on both iPad and iPhone. Managing interests should be more intuitive, and it is almost impossible to stop seeing subject matter not of interest. One time I happened to read an article on record players and then for weeks the app tried dozens of times to coerce me read stuff about vinyl records even though I clicked “not interested” repeatedly. The algorithm also seems to get obsessed with certain headlines and shows cards for every conceivable plagiarized version of the same article, sometimes for days, even if I never read any of the articles suggested on the cards. The algorithm seems to have become increasingly obsessive and difficult to fine tune. For example, suppose you don’t want to read articles about Chevy Corvettes, if you try to customize your interest, you may only get to choose “not interested in car” even though the card headline might be something like “GM Announces Sticker Price of New Corvette C8.” Of course, I may be interested in some cars and some stories related to cars, just maybe not Corvettes.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you please submit a feedback report and tell us a little bit more about what you're experiencing so we can investigate further? Open Google App > tap top right profile picture or initial > Help & feedback > Send feedback, this will help us ensure that this gets reviewed by the right team. Thank you!
Buggy search widget on iOS 14 (fixed)
Updated my review as this issue was fixed even before the review was moderated and published 🙂
TL;DR: voice search requires two clicks and about two seconds of load time before it registers speech. This only occurs on a fresh load (e.g., when not allowing the app to run in the background). Current Behavior: I click the microphone button on the widget. Google opens on its home screen. After about a second the “tap the mic” screen auto opens. The microphone appears to be listening for about a second but doesn’t register any sound. Finally the mic button comes back at which point I can click it and speak. Expected Behavior: I click the microphone button on the widget. Google opens on the microphone screen, registers my speech and executed the search. Note: if I let Google run in the background rather than quitting the app when I’m done it works as expected. However I don’t ever leave apps running. I always quit an app when I’m done using it.
Developer Response ,
Hi Irvin. Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you please submit a feedback report and tell us a little bit more about what you're experiencing so we can investigate further? Open Google App > tap top right profile picture or initial > Help & feedback > Send feedback, this will help us ensure that this gets reviewed by the right team. Thank you!
Keeps deleting my tabs
I had been fine using google mobile for a long time but yesterday it changed the formatting which wasn’t a big deal in itself, but then I went to my tabs to go back to the story’s I had been reading and all my tabs were gone so I thought “ok, I’ll make new ones I remember most of what I had been doing” and I did only to realize that it hadn’t been making new tabs for each site I visited and I had to go and individually make tabs for each site, where as before it did it automatically, but I did all that and had my nice wonderful tabs with all my story’s and sites I read for awhile then logged of and went to bed only to wake up and have all my tabs gone yet again, so I thought maybe there is an auto delete feature and there was so I set it to never remade all my tabs read some more logged of ate breakfast and not 30 minutes later I check goggle and all my tabs are gone again!!! I have no idea why I check all my setting and nothing should be clearing and it hadn’t even been an hour, it’s annoying and pointless.
Google will not stop clearing my tabs no matter what I try.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 264.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.