The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts, and reviews
• Videos and images
• News, stock information, and more
• Anything you’d find on the web
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results
More ways to access Google:
• Google Lens — Search what you see with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• iMessage extension — Search and share restaurants, GIFs, and more, without leaving your conversation.
• Search Google extension — While browsing in Safari, you can share a web page with Google to see suggestions for related content—no need to type anything new in the search box. Tap on the Search Google icon from Safari’s share menu to get started.
• Gboard — access Google Search, right from your keyboard. Gboard is a keyboard that lets you search and send information, GIFs, emoji, and more—right from your keyboard, in any app. Tap “Gboard” in your app settings to get started.
• Trending on Google widget — find out what’s trending in your area with our Trending on Google widget.
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
New update is so awful
I’ve used the google app for years, and loved it. Since the most recent update I try and avoid having to use the app now at all cost because it’s so god awful. They updated the searching on it to give “a better experience” but I’m only assuming the developers have never used the app. Because it’s 10 steps backwards in my opinion. I used to use google images for GIFs all the time, atleast 3 times a day, and I could just easily search through images and find what I was looking for, hold the image and tap copy. But now I can’t do that, it copies the URL instead..and if you hit the share button it shares the image but also the stupid link that goes with it...like really?? Come on google. You had it right for years, what the heck are you doing. On top of that when you search images instead of having just the images pop up it’s now the images and their links to those websites. It’s just a jumbled mess now. Google dropped the ball on this update, because good gosh it’s bad. PLEASE FIX THESE STUPID MISTAKES GOOGLE
A few big frustrations, but still better than Safari
I like this app so much better than Safari. It is more organized and user friendly, however it does have a few issues. The most annoying thing is the Google bar at the bottom of the screen. If I need to click something at the bottom, it does not register. It just gives me the Google bar. Its incredibly frustrating to be unable to make a selection on part of the screen. The other thing is that sometimes, my pages will randomly reload and I cannot figure out why. It happens when I am away from the app for 20 minutes and when I leave the app for under a minute to respond to a text. It’s frustrating having to scroll all the way back down. Other than those two things, I think the app is great and will continue to use.
One Tiny problem.. but love it!
I’ve been using this google app for as long as I can remember because personally, I find it less cluttery than safari. I typically don’t like having a search history on because it’s just too much to clear out once it accumulates and google has allowed me to do that seemlesly for the longest time, but now I’ve come across the issue that I have to manually switch browse history off every single time I open the app, because the search I’ve done from one prior time, is still on there. I hope it’s just a bug and can be fixed because I don’t want to have to manually switch over every single time I use it, where as before, you did it once and you were set and good to go up until this most recent update. Thank you google!
- Google LLC
- 225.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.