Search with images using Lens
Get fast access to Google Search with the Google home screen widget. The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
More ways to access Google:
• Google Search widget — Search from your home screen or lock screen with the new Google widget. Choose from 2 widgets, giving you a quick search bar in both sizes, and shortcuts to choose how you Search with Lens, Voice, and Incognito in the medium size widget.
• Google Lens — Search with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• Voice Search — Search conveniently and quickly using your voice, no typing needed.
• Incognito — Search in Incognito mode whenever you want. It’s always a tap away from the homescreen.
Search safely and securely:
• All searches in the Google app are protected by encrypting the connection between your device and Google.
• Privacy controls are easy to find and use. Just tap your profile picture to access your menu and delete recent search history from your account with one click.
• Search proactively filters webspam to help ensure that you see safe, high-quality results.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts, and reviews
• Videos and images
• News, stock information, and more
• Anything you’d find on the web
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Ratings and Reviews
New Search Window
The new window that pops up when you select a search result is ridiculous. It takes up more screen space and you are unable to select the url bar to search there like you could before. Instead, now you must return to the google search results page and type your query there instead. The page url still shows at the top of your screen, and selecting it copies the link instead of allowing you to modify it. This change significantly slows down search time and tab browsing time. Additionally, the back arrow from the top is now gone, leaving you with the back and forward arrows at the bottom, which do not have the same affect as the large back arrow that used to be present.
I like this app, I have never had much problems with it, if this change does not become optional or removed I will most likely be removing this app and looking for an alternative, as this change seriously diminishes the app’s usability.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! The product team is constantly working to improve the Search experience across all devices, so we'll be sure to pass this along for you.
Little accessibility - dark mode often unreadable
A lot of the new features with the update are well designed and settings are more accessible. But it doesn’t resolve the MAJOR accessibility issues with features more frequently used than settings. I like to have dark mode enabled in my OS across devices due to light sensitivity and attention/focus issues. Since the update, many sites are unreadable (dark grey text on black backgrounds!) or not even in dark mode. At first I thought it was random website issue but it’s actually chrome because I see it when searching or on googles main page. It also switches back and forth on google and the search bar at complete random. Googles website and search bar itself often has dark text and the search bar is bright white with odd colored text that’s hard to see. I’ve noticed this isn’t just a iOS problem either - it occurs on my Mac as well. I also struggle with cluttered web pages as it results in distraction and trouble reading. I have to flag google ads almost all the time in iOS because they block site content or aren’t in dark mode and the bright white blue
light is piercingly distracting. Not a problem on MacOS because of Ad blocker. I really don’t know what I would do if I had a more severe visual impairment. For now, I’ll play with app specific accessibility through my iOS. Google, get accessible please! We may seem like the minority now, but realization of neurologically-based diverse needs is the future.
About To Delete This App
I use the Google app pretty exclusively for searches and quick internet answers. The annoyances are getting greater than the help. The search by picture has turned into a vomit of results that just go based on similar color of items, not the items themselves or even brand words. The picture search USED to be helpful when looking for specific items I’m trying to buy. It’d look for that specific item, which was super helpful since sellers use different words and titles in their postings. Google killed that! Now, after the latest update, I’m forced to deal with the stupid predictive text vomit as I’m trying to type. I don’t like predictive or recommended text, so I don’t have those options enabled on my phone. Now, Goggle app is THE ONLY thing on my phone that chucks words above my keyboard that they think I’m wanting to use. Searching for answers on how to get rid of it only ends in frustration and repeated steps of “turn off auto complete” which I’ve already had turned off long ago. I don’t know who Google algorithms is tracking for most of the recommendations of websites, searches, words they think I’m trying to type, but it’s definitely NOT me. 90% of their ‘perfect for you’ recommendations are garbage I couldn’t care less about and haven’t looked up. I’m to the point of looking for an alternate search app that doesn’t give random crap recommendations or force “features” that are unwanted.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 288.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Google Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.