With "Go Quest" you can play the ancient board game of Go online with people around the world.
Go Quest was recently featured in "Go Focus", a weekly go TV program and now it's played by lots of players of all levels from beginners to pros.
Since the author of Go Quest started this project as a beginner, this app is created to be simple and beginner friendly.
Other features of Go Quest.
- You can start playing online immediately after download.
- It's free.
- Player's strength is rated by the popular Dan-Kyu system as well as more statistically accurate ELO-rating system.
- You can choose between 9x9, 13x13 and 19x19 board.
- When game ends (by 2-consecutive passes), the result is automatically decided according to the Chinese rules.
Enjoy free online game of Go (Igo/Baduk/Weiqi)!
- A few updates regarding tournaments.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Most fun App I've ever installed
Absolutely fantastic app, any potential users download it now.
If I may suggest one feature to the devs, I would really like GoQuest to save one game per player based on strongest opponent ELO that they beat. This way you can see at least one good game if someone is inactive for a while, while now the server just deletes every game. Also, if I get that sweet sweet victory against an 8dan I wouldn't have to worry about archiving it somewhere else, but could look at it with GoQuest itself!
Good, but needs time warning
Go Quest has a good concept of focusing on human to human matches and its rating system has both a point rank and a Kyu level, which is nice. The interface of the gameplay is easy to use.
I even stopped playing Clash Royals because of this app!
However, I really would like to see some changes:
1) add warnings when the time runs below 30 secs and 10 secs. There have been too many times when I was winning but then lose a game on time
2) make the “My Page” easier to navigate. The arrows are confusing and I have no clue what each thing leads to unless I click through all of them.
3) this is minor, but the app initially looks like it’s a personal project and not a company-made product. I think if there is a little polishing done, it would really increase the number of users.
But overall, it’s one of the best go apps out there and I highly recommend! (As long as the time issue gets resolved)
This program is wonderful for weak and strong go Player
this program let you play real people and you don’t have to do anything fancy just hit one button that says play and within a few seconds somebody from anywhere in the world response and your game is on it is awesome and you can play at 9 x 9 game in just five minutes you can play when you’re busy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.