Your SUP Logbook
GoSUP is the ideal companion for your stand-up paddle tours.
Use your Apple Watch or iPhone to record your tours, keep a logbook and analyze your tours with a variety of reports.
GoSUP has been optimized for the Apple Watch and uses its sensors to offer you an optimal analysis.
For example, GoSUP can detect your paddle strokes or recognize when you jump into the water and what temperature the water has.
The compass shows you the direction home and with GPS your speed and route is recorded.
Here is an overview of all the features:
- Personalized workout view: decide yourself which values you see during the workout.
- Paddle Strokes: Detect your paddle strokes (beta), the cadence and efficiency of your paddle strokes.
- Water contact and water temperature: Detect where you jump into the water and measure the water temperature.
- Compass: shows you the direction and distance to your starting point
- Route: View the distance traveled & see where you took photos
- HealthKit: All workouts and routes are synced with HealthKit.
- Live Activity: Pause your tour directly from the Lockscreen or from the Dynamic Island
- Live Statistics: Analyze the current progress of your workout
- Complications & Widgets: Use a widget to view your last workout or choose between different complications to start GoSUP directly from your personalized watchface.
- Photos: Browse through all your photos taken during a trip.
- Use the action button on the Apple Watch Ultra to start a workout or switch between the map and workout view during a workout.
- Installation: If you installed GoSUP from your iPhone, the app may not appear on the Apple Watch. It may also happen that the installation can no longer be started from the iPhone, as the installation icon is grayed out.
If you experience similar behavior, do the following: 1.) Open the AppStore on the Apple Watch. 2.) Scroll to "Account" 3.) Select "Purchases" 4.) Find GoSUP in the list and tap on the "Cloud" icon.
- Why don't I see distance in the fitness app:
The fitness app only shows walking distance, cycling distance or swimming distance. Other types are not supported.
If you like GoSUP I would be very thankful for a review and it would help me to improve GoSUP continuously.
Enjoy your ride & GoSUP!
Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash
Photo by Linus Nylund on Unsplash
Photo by Imleedh Ali on Unsplash
Photo by Greg Becker on Unsplash
Photo by Linda Xu on Unsplash
Photo by Bailey Cullen on Unsplash
Photo by Tim Foster on Unsplash
Photo by S&B Vonlanthen on Unsplash
GoSUP Stand-Up Paddle is ready for the next generation!
New with the following features:
- Custom Workout Screen: Decide if you see paddle strokes, distance or other metrics during your workout.
- Water contact and water temperature: GoSUP detect where you jumped into water and measures the water temperature. This feature is only available on the Apple Watch Ultra.
- Route new also on the Apple Watch
- Share your location with friends
- New design for the Apple Watch
- Live Activity to control your workout
Since the implementation of the features takes a lot of time, some functions are now chargeable.
However, the basic functions will remain free forever.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app and super after sales service
Excellent and informative app for SUPers. Had a problem to install it again on a new watch. Troubleshooting was immediate and issue resolved.
Great App and SUPer Service
Promising app with flaws
This is the prettiest sup app out there and has promise but is not accurate so unusable right now. I’m hoping the developer is able to to adjust and update. Happy to be a beta tester!!
- map and music control integration is good
- information layout is clean
- the log is excellent, especially the graph that shows speed over distance.
- cadence is inaccurate. It only counts about half the strokes (sup) and seems to be tied to pace vs arm movement. Going from race pace to dead stop results in a positive stroke count being displayed for over a minute
- paddle strokes in log is wrong. For example a 20 min sup workout with a consistent 40+spm is logged as 14spm average with a total of 345 strokes
- middle ‘efficiency’ bar has no explanation or use so is just taking up space. I’d prefer to see it used as a configurable data field
- needs a current speed display in addition to pace
Very cool SUP app!
This is a light weight, easy to use app with all the features I need to track my paddle route, analyze my strokes and check out my stats... Just wish I could export them for later viewing
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback.
I would love to support that, maybe you can contact and telling me what format you would prefer.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sascha Thoeni
- 25.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 17.0 or later.
English, German, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Webchoice 2023
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Annual $22.99
- Monthly $2.99