goTenna powers robust, secure, decentralized communication networks compatible with your phone.
The goTenna app works with our devices to enable 100% off-grid messaging, GPS, and other fantastic features like ‘push for help’.
Download the app, pair to your phone via Bluetooth, and start communicating with other users without cell service or wifi. Plus, download free offline maps, share your location, ‘hop’ messages via other users to extend range, and keep your group connected on any adventure!
Major app features:
goTenna (free to download and use):
- Send & receive messages
- Share locations on free offline maps
- Instant transmission within range
- Encrypted 1-to-1 & group messaging
- Delivery confirmation & message retry (1-to-1 chats only)
- “Shout” broadcasts to all goTenna user’s within range
- Emergency broadcast ‘push for help’ mode with programmable emergency message
- Upgradable via firmware & software updates
goTenna Plus (in-app subscription; optional upgrade for just $9.99/year):
- Rich offline topographic maps
- Location tethering (automatically share locations with trusted contacts)
- SMS network relay
- Trip statistics
- Group message delivery confirmation (goTenna v1 only)
For all goTenna Plus subscriptions:
- Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period for $9.99.
- Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited upon purchase of a subscription.
Bug fix to improve goTenna Plus upgrade experience
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app. I use it all the time on trips. For whatever reason my app seems to grow to about 2tb very fast. Not sure why. It only does this on my phone and not when I use it with my iPad.
Rediculous You Have To Choose
Why is it when a phone and connect to multiple Bluetooth devices that this app can not connect to both the version 1 goTenna (which in my testing has better range) and the mesh. It is ridiculous that you need to unpair and repair which ever one you want to use at that moment. What if you have people that have both versions? Stupid marketing move to try and get people to buy mesh in order to make your coverage better. I know that someone around the table at that meeting said “Hey if we don’t allow both versions then people will be forced to upgrade and that equals more money for us and better coverage for users.”
I think it is ridiculous that the pro versions are so expensive and treat like some military weapon system. It is impossible to get your hands one them. GPRS has much greater range. Don’t get me wrong I like the idea of the product and own both V1 and Mesh, bit come on try improving your product for general users with thing like multi radio support (or at least multi app so you can have them both running) and also bring an external antenna to the general versions. The whole it can hang out in your pocket thing is great but if you can’t reach more than half a mile on flat terrain then you clearly are missing the mark on functionality.
Good devices but it seems like developer lost interest
I don’t see much update activity going on anymore from goTenna. Not a great taste in my mouth after dropping hundreds of dollars on these units for the developer to suddenly disappear. I’m using 6 mesh units spread across a few friends houses across town as emergency backup communications.
There are some app based upgrades that the developer could implement and people have asked for (desktop client is one) but it seems like they’re done upgrading this device. Not sure if I can recommend them to purchase. Really cool hardware and there are decent modding guides online for battery and antenna upgrades.
Complaints about the app: My app is using over 7gb of phone space with no option to delete this mystery cache without reinstalling the app. Give me a delete/limit cache option please.
“Send feedback” button in-app automatically crashes the app. Then it suggests sending info about the crash. I clicked yes and it immediately crashed again..
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- goTenna Inc.
- 252.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 goTenna Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- goTenna Plus $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.