"One of the better GPS apps for sporting enthusiasts for the iPhone..."
- Bryan Wolfe, AppAdvice.com
Do you want to track your outdoor activities?
Do you need to navigate to waypoints?
Do you want to store your favorite destinations?
GPS Tracks is an ideal app for your outdoor navigational needs, it makes navigating to a specific point and tracking your outdoor activities very simple. It will keep track of your activities and allow you to easliy navigate to coordinates.
GPS Tracks is now available for the Mac in the Mac App Store! GPS Tracks is one of the only tracking applications to sync data between iOS and OS X.
No login or account required, just turn it on and go!
Use Applications -
• Great for hiking offline, running, walking, and biking to track your route!
• Great for photographers who need to track location data for their pictures!
• Great for hunters and fishermen who need to store specific locations!
• Great for military navigational applications!
• Track your location/route of your activity
• Store favorite locations
• Take GPS static observations to average current location for more accurate waypoints
• Easily navigate to waypoints with the waypoint guide on the compass
• Add fully editable waypoints on the fly to your current track either manually or from you favorite locations
• Add a vector as a waypoint with angle and distance
• Convert between four sets of coordinates (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM) anytime
• Glide Ratio is viewable and tracked during recording
• Use degrees or mils for the compass
• Add MGRS Grid overlay to map
• Create routes to follow manually before you start your track
• GPS Tracks uses WGS84 datum, over 220 datums available with an In-App purchase.
• Map measuring tools allow you to measure area and distance on the map
• Draw or drop pins to measure
Apple Watch App
• Track your activity directly with your Apple Watch without your iPhone
• Will save your workouts to the Health app from the watch (only the watch app uses HealthKit)
• iCloud syncing (will sync between Mac, iPad, and iPhone version)
• Import/Export to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, or iTunes File Sharing
• Send locations to the Navigon/TomTom/Google app or the default Maps app for driving directions
• Share your location with friends with a text message (SMS) or email with a direct link to your location on a map
• Import and export tracks/coordinates in a GPX, KML, BIN, CSV, or NMEA format
• Email exported files
• Export track with photos to KMZ file to export your photos taken during the track
• View your track on the map with the ability to replay the route
• View detailed statistics of the track
• View the waypoints saved with each track
• Change track color
There are many other great features.
GPS Tracks Pro (Auto-Renewing Yearly Subscription In-App Purchase)
• Use Mapbox maps, USGS, NOAA nautical charts, FAA charts, and many other alternate map sources
• Save maps for offline use
• Use custom Map Tile Server URLs
• Subscription syncs via iCloud to other devices
GPS Tracks Pro Subscriptions Available:
1-year subscription - $19.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE:
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Current subscribers may not be canceled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Added support for HealthKit
• Updated track save dialog to include activity type
• Added the ability to add waypoints to saved tracks
• Added the ability to limit the map zoom to the max zoom level
• Added the ability draw a line from the user to the next waypoint
• Added more dashboard data options
• Fixed waypoint position bug
• Many other improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Professional grade capabilities
As a long time Biological Field Technician I have nothing but good things to say about this app. I use it daily in the rugged and remote terrain in Hawaii. I have ditched my clunky Garmin handheld unit and can run tracks and take photo waypoints for my work all day long. I’m freed up from needing a PC to transfer data and I can now deliver info straight from the field via text msg or email. Loading external maps and data that have been emailed to me is a cinch.
I use GPS Tracks to inspect conservation fences, track invasive species control and search for endangered plants as well as field navigation. I have even used it while flying to locate helicopter landing zones.
The app doesn’t have a huge impact on my iPhone 8 battery life. So far it has performed very well when offline/No Service which is imperative in the Hawaiian backcountry. Although I am concerned about using it in a dense forest canopy, perhaps an accessory antenna may help. Love the mapping subscription and benefit highly from the ESRI contour map. Usability is easy to learn and I have gotten a number of coworkers to use the app on their phones.
This IS the app you're looking for..
I reviewed several GPS apps and bought too many useless ones before I found this one. Whatever your application, this is your app. On road or most especially off. It is feature rich and takes a little time to learn all it can do but it's worth every moment and penny. We use it for planning and tracking kayaking trips, mostly on local rivers and waterways. You can review, plan, map, and execute your track by land or water anywhere you can bring up on the map with this tool. Satellite or roadmap views. How far it is from bridge A to bridge B on that river? Go to Tracks tab and trace every bend and oxbow and know exact distance before you hit the water. Looks good? Name it and save it and this app will guide you down the track you planned. Ditto for hiking. Need a more detailed map? With a reasonable annual subscription a huge array of professional maps for various applications are available for purchase and can be download for permanent offline access.
Driving, hiking, biking, navigating the waterways, this is your guide.
Outstanding Nav app and customer support
I’m a former B-52 navigator and love this app for ground navigation and tracking. It’s powerful, intuitive and packed with capabilities for the weekend hiker, the deep woods backpacker, and this avid fly fisherman who will bust brush for miles to find trout while avoiding other fishermen. Just as important, the customer support is EXCELLENT. With more recent iOS updates, some of my iPhone settings were reset and not feeding GPS Tracks properly. David worked tirelessly with me to resolve the issue and GPS Tracks is functioning flawlessly again. Customer support is THE most important criterion for me. If you want an outstanding navigation app AND great support when iPhone updates can leave you hanging, get. GPS Tracks.
- David Morneault
- 92.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 - 2019 David Morneault
- In-App Purchases
- Datum Add-On Pack $2.99
- GPS Tracks Pro $19.99
- GPS Tracks Premium $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.