GPS Tracks for the Mac is one of the best apps for editing and creating routes on your Mac. Sync all of your saved tracks from GPS Tracks to the app for editing and reviewing. It's also perfect for editing GPX or KML files.
- Sync all of your saved tracks and waypoints to and from GPS Tracks for IOS
Create and Edit Routes and Tracks
- Edit tracks created from GPS Tracks or imported from a file
- Delete selected points from a track
- Merge tracks
- Split tracks
- Cut a selected path from a current track to create a new track
- Create routes to follow manually before you start your track
- Create routes from a set of waypoints
- View Track statistics
- Export tracks to GPX, KML, KMZ, or CSV
- Export multiple tracks into one file
Create and Edit Waypoints
- Add or edit waypoints saved to the app
- Create waypoints from map searches
- Customize each waypoint with a pin color
- Convert between four sets of coordinates (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM) anytime
- Add MGRS Grid overlay to map
- View and replay saved tracks
- View interactive statistical graph for each track
- View each waypoint saved with each track
GPS Tracks Pro (Auto-Renewing Yearly Subscription In-App Purchase)
• Use Mapbox maps, USGS, NOAA nautical charts, FAA charts, and many other alternate map sources
• Save maps for offline use
• Print Maps
• Use custom Map Tile Server URLs
• Subscription syncs via iCloud to other devices
GPS Tracks Pro Subscriptions Available:
1-year subscription - $19.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE:
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Current subscribers may not be canceled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
* Fixed toolbar icons
• Many other speed improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Adequate but needs refinement
I use the iOS app extensivly and find it to be a pretty reasonable tool. Just starting to use this OSX app as a possible replacement for Google Earth as an alternitive for archiving and building off road routes.
The OSX version works but its a little clunky and needs some refinement. The tools are there but basic and not very obvious how they're suppose to work. One of the biggest current issues is the tendancy for the application to crash when synching or importing data from the desktop or iCloud.
Didn't do what I needed
I'm looking for a Mac program that will allow me to take a pre-recorded track, display it and create a "clean" track over it for sharing. I was not able to figure out how to use this software to create a new track or add new points to an existing track. You can remove points and split tracks, but it apparently does not allow you to click on the map to add new points to a track. When I went to the support site, there was only support offered for iPad and iPhone apps. Think carefully before purchasing.
Excellent for scouting!
I use the GPS Tracks iOS app constantly, and this desktop companian makes it very easy to add or use waypoints with notes and photos to plan trips in advance, as well as to easily use information I got in the field with the app. Nothing else quite like it for scouting.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Morneault
- 7.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 - 2019 David Morneault
- In-App Purchases
- GPS Tracks Pro $19.99