GPS Tracks for the Mac is one of the best apps for editing and creating routes on your Mac. Sync all of your saved tracks from GPS Tracks to the app for editing and reviewing. It's also perfect for editing GPX or KML files.
- Sync all of your saved tracks and waypoints to and from GPS Tracks for IOS
Create and Edit Routes and Tracks
- Edit tracks created from GPS Tracks or imported from a file
- Delete selected points from a track
- Merge tracks
- Split tracks
- Cut a selected path from a current track to create a new track
- Create routes to follow manually before you start your track
- Create routes from a set of waypoints
- View Track statistics
- Export tracks to GPX, KML, KMZ, or CSV
- Export multiple tracks into one file
Create and Edit Waypoints
- Add or edit waypoints saved to the app
- Create waypoints from map searches
- Customize each waypoint with a pin color
- Convert between four sets of coordinates (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM) anytime
- Add MGRS Grid overlay to map
- View and replay saved tracks
- View interactive statistical graph for each track
- View each waypoint saved with each track
GPS Tracks Pro (Auto-Renewing Yearly Subscription In-App Purchase)
• Use Mapbox maps, USGS, NOAA nautical charts, FAA charts, and many other alternate map sources
• Save maps for offline use
• Print Maps
• Use custom Map Tile Server URLs
• Subscription syncs via iCloud to other devices
GPS Tracks Pro Subscriptions Available:
1-year subscription - $19.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE:
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Current subscribers may not be canceled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This is the path tracker I’ve been looking for, for quite a while, and I use it for motorcycle rides. I ended up spending fifty bucks or so with separate app purchases for iPhone and iPad (and optional subscription), and they all work differently enough that it takes a bit of getting used to. You can sync your routes on iCloud and/or Dropbox and in multiple file formats. The tracking hasn’t skipping on me once, a very common problem in the same area with several other trackers.
A few bugs here and there, such as the Waypoint menu disappearing on the iPhone, and not being able to resync reliably after you’ve changed a route name, but it seems like a current product so I’ll look for improvements. I’m also hoping for the ability to drop a waypoint during an active track record, but it could be there and I haven’t found it yet.
Many thanks to the developer, it’s a nice functional app.
Excellent for scouting!
I use the GPS Tracks iOS app constantly, and this desktop companian makes it very easy to add or use waypoints with notes and photos to plan trips in advance, as well as to easily use information I got in the field with the app. Nothing else quite like it for scouting.
Downloaded and installed fine
Didn’t encounter the bugginess reported by previous reviewer.
Easy to use.
Worked very well with files generated by GPS Tracks
Also imported .gpx files generated a year ago from GeoTagPhoto (another gps iPhone/iPad app) and worked well.
Editing files to eliminate stray gps reads was very intuitive.
Using DropBox to push files from iPhone and iPad to my Mac was seamless.
One of the best features was the ability to visualize the route history showing, location, speed, altitude, waypoints. in a graphic form
Was able to import files into LightRoom CC very easily for image geocoding
Would buy this again.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Morneault
- 7.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 - 2019 David Morneault
- In-App Purchases
- GPS Tracks Pro $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.