Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost!
Thousands of self-guided walking tours, travel articles, and offline city maps in 1,000+ cities around the world included in this handy app.
The app turns your mobile device into a personal tour guide using its built-in GPS functions. The thousands of self-guided walking tours and travel articles will guide you to the landmarks, historical sites, museums, restaurants, nightlife venues and other interesting spots in over 1,000 cities worldwide.
All the walking tours and articles included in this app operate OFFLINE without any need of cellular data plan or Internet connection, so you need not worry about expensive roaming when traveling abroad. The app is a must-have for all travelers!
The highlights and main features of the app include:
* Self-guided walking tours guide you to discover destinations on your own.
* Thousands of travel articles make planning a trip really easy.
* Detailed offline city maps.
* Ability to create your own walking tour to visit the attractions that interest you.
* All walking tours come with detailed walking tour maps.
* Create self-guided walk to visit the attractions featured in travel article.
* The "FindMe" feature displaying your exact location plus Auto Tracking feature displaying your movement on the map, so you always know if you are moving in the right direction.
* Get Route function to dynamically create a walk route from your current location to a selected attraction.
This revolutionary application makes bus tours obsolete. You no longer need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all of the best attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
This app supports subscription which allows you to access all the walking tours and articles in this app at one low price.
How The Annual Subscription Works:
* For $12.99 you will get access to the full version functions in all the 480 city walks guides (London, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, etc.) included in this app for one year. Travel articles are not included in this subscription.
* For $12.99, you will get access to the full version functions in all the travel articles in 900+ cities worldwide (London, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, etc.) included in this app for one year. City walks guides are not included in this subscription.
* For $18.99, you will get access to the full version functions in all the 480 city walking guides plus travel articles in over 900 cities for one year. Together they cover over 1,000 cities worldwide
* A 3-day Free Trial is provided under each subscription upgrade offer. Your account will not be charged anything as long as you cancel the subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the Free Trial.
* Your annual subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the confirmation of the subscription purchase or after the Free Trial has completed.
* You may turn off the auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
Note: This app relies on GPS for its navigation functions. For best experience, it is recommended to use the app on iPhone and iPad cellular+wifi models. It is not recommended to use the app on iPad wifi-only models due to lack of built-in GPS support in these models.
Visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com for more information.
- iOS 14 support and performance improvement.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great functional and helpful app
Very useful app that always worked! Downloaded and discarded several others for lack of functionality—-not this one. Used it as a starting point for seeing sights, and also just as information to look up something we stumbled across. Yes, all of this you can do with Google, but for basic sightseeing of all the most important sites, this app can’t be beat for convenience, accuracy and quick access to info. Plus you can’t always access WiF, this you already have. Especially great if you end up somewhere with a bit of time, want to use it to see something, but don’t want to waste a lot of time to have to plan a route. Perfect for business travel in that sense, or long layovers. We found info about tickets and etc to be correct, too. Added bonus!
Cheaper than a guided tour
Okay, I see some negative reviews about the map and the clunky app, but I have to say for the price, and yes, including the new yearly subscription, it’s still very worth it. I have used 6 of the paid tours and a few free ones with GPSmyCity. I started with the free, but when I paid for the upgrades (less than $5 at the time), I was pleased. Because I travel at least once or twice a year, I’m willing to pay the subscription mainly to support the team.
I just recently came back from Florence where my wife and I spent over $200 for a private guided walking tour that included a fantastic lunch. No complaints, the guide was great and we learned a lot, but it was only 4 hours long and we were at his mercy. For less than $20 using this app, we would’ve been able to map out the tour we wanted, read in advance, and take our time. Yes, you can use Google and Pocket Earth and other free tools, but come on - for $20 you can get a well organized and fun tour with a pretty decent offline map. Spending hundreds in flight and hotels, I don’t $20 for something that would cost 3 times or more for a true guided tour.
Oh, and the support team has been awesome for times when I did have problems with the app. I’ve been using them for years and will continue to do so. Don’t let the few negative ads steer you away - give it a shot...
Adore this app!
I downloaded this app a few days ago, and started using it to plan a multi- city trip to Europe. Wow! I love this app - it makes planning super easy. I’ve been traveling far and wide, both professionally and personally, for years. I’ve planned complex trips, and know how overwhelming it can get. So many places to see in so little time, and so sometimes tough to determine which sights to see, and the best route to take when sights to visit are scattered all over a city. Well, this app makes all of this easy, and fun! Great descriptions and photos of all sights, which ones are “must see sights”, ability to add your own sights (like your hotel). The app determines the best route and how long it will take you. There are tons of wonderful canned walks based on categories like “city overview,” “ museums,” “architecture,” etc. and the ability to create customized walks. If you love to travel, this tool will become an addiction. I tried the free version and then decided to upgrade to the full version because the route creation aspect is fantastic.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 114.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 GPSmyCity.com Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Chisinau Guide $4.99
- Cork Guide $4.99
- Cologne Guide $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.