Thousands of self-guided walking tours and travel articles in 1,500+ cities around the world are included in this handy app. No need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all the city attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
The app is designed to be used offline so No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either.
The app is free to download. Afterwards, you can evaluate the walking tours - see the attractions and use the fully functional offline maps included in each of the city walk guides, all for free. A small payment – fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided group tour or tour bus tickets – is needed for accessing the walk route maps and activating turn-by-turn navigation functions.
The highlights and features of the FREE app include:
* Thousands of self-guided walking tours that show you what to see in the destination.
* Thousands of travel articles make planning a trip really easy.
* Offline city maps.
* The "FindMe" feature displaying your exact location on the map.
* The "TrackMe" feature tracks your steps so you know where you have been.
After upgrade, you have access to the following advanced features:
* Walking tour maps.
* Voice guided turn-by-turn travel directions.
* Create your own walks to see the attractions you like.
* No advertisement.
This app supports subscription which allows you to access all the walking tours and articles in this app at one low price.
How The Annual Subscription Works:
* Option 1. For $12.99 you will get access to the full version functions in all the 500+ city walks guides (London, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, etc.) included in this app for one year. Travel articles are not included in this subscription.
* Option 2. For $12.99, you will get access to the full version functions in all the travel articles in 1,300+ cities worldwide (London, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, etc.) included in this app for one year. City walks guides are not included in this subscription.
* Option 3. For $18.99, you will get access to all travel content inside the app and covers over 1,500 cities worldwide.
* A 3-day Free Trial is provided under each subscription upgrade offer. Your account will not be charged anything as long as you cancel the subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the Free Trial.
* Your annual subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the confirmation of the subscription purchase or after the Free Trial has completed.
* You may turn off the auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life. It is also suggested that you bring with you an external battery.
Note: This app relies on GPS for its navigation functions. For best experience, it is recommended to use the app on iPhone and iPad cellular+WiFi models. It is not recommended to use the app on iPad WiFi-only models due to lack of built-in GPS support in these models.
Tutorial videos for using this app can be found on our website at https://www.gpsmycity.com/mobile-app.html
- Fixed issues related to zoomed view settings.
- Improved audio instructions in navigation mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful idea. Solid info. Buggy execution.
Let me stare up top I paid for the pro version. This app is overall a wonderful idea. The tours and walking maps are too notch. The information and depth of guides available is amazing. It has SO much potential and is a great value. That being said, a lot of the design choices are just not intuitive, user friendly, and in some cases are downright buggy. Example? There is no way to turn off audio when starting a route to a location. Each time you need to do if manually. Also, when downloading the map, you get a notice that the map is in your downloads… but you can’t exit out of that notice until you close and reopen the app. There are dozens of minor annoyances like that that would take too long to list. At the end of the day though, I have used this for about 6 cities, and have appreciated the content But I hope they do a redesign to make it less glitchy and more intuitive. This app has potential to become really big if they do.
Cheaper than a guided tour
Okay, I see some negative reviews about the map and the clunky app, but I have to say for the price, and yes, including the new yearly subscription, it’s still very worth it. I have used 6 of the paid tours and a few free ones with GPSmyCity. I started with the free, but when I paid for the upgrades (less than $5 at the time), I was pleased. Because I travel at least once or twice a year, I’m willing to pay the subscription mainly to support the team.
I just recently came back from Florence where my wife and I spent over $200 for a private guided walking tour that included a fantastic lunch. No complaints, the guide was great and we learned a lot, but it was only 4 hours long and we were at his mercy. For less than $20 using this app, we would’ve been able to map out the tour we wanted, read in advance, and take our time. Yes, you can use Google and Pocket Earth and other free tools, but come on - for $20 you can get a well organized and fun tour with a pretty decent offline map. Spending hundreds in flight and hotels, I don’t $20 for something that would cost 3 times or more for a true guided tour.
Oh, and the support team has been awesome for times when I did have problems with the app. I’ve been using them for years and will continue to do so. Don’t let the few negative ads steer you away - give it a shot...
Adore this app!
I downloaded this app a few days ago, and started using it to plan a multi- city trip to Europe. Wow! I love this app - it makes planning super easy. I’ve been traveling far and wide, both professionally and personally, for years. I’ve planned complex trips, and know how overwhelming it can get. So many places to see in so little time, and so sometimes tough to determine which sights to see, and the best route to take when sights to visit are scattered all over a city. Well, this app makes all of this easy, and fun! Great descriptions and photos of all sights, which ones are “must see sights”, ability to add your own sights (like your hotel). The app determines the best route and how long it will take you. There are tons of wonderful canned walks based on categories like “city overview,” “ museums,” “architecture,” etc. and the ability to create customized walks. If you love to travel, this tool will become an addiction. I tried the free version and then decided to upgrade to the full version because the route creation aspect is fantastic.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 94.1 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 GPSmyCity.com Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- City Walks Yearly Subscription $12.99
- Walks and Articles Yearly Subs $18.99
- Articles Yearly Subscription $12.99
- Paris Guide $4.99
- Savannah Guide $4.99
- Palm Springs Map $4.99
- Rome Guide $4.99
- New York Guide $4.99
- Venice Guide $4.99
- Barcelona Guide $4.99