LogTera Grade 5 Math provides the most comprehensive learning and fun game for children 8 to 12 years old. Exciting games like Chicken Jump, Candy Cruncher, Moon Rover Trouble, Mars Alien Attack, and Personalized Avatars, keep children engaged, and motivate them to learn new skills. Kid friendly rich graphics, animations, voices, and intuitive touch, click, drag and drop style, easy to use questions allow children to work independently.
This app offers two payment options: Monthly Subscription for $0.99/month or Buy Now for $5.99.
Details of auto-renewing Monthly Subscription:
Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
SKILLS DEVELOPED: Content aligned to COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS (with over 2300 questions) to develop skills in:
1. Numerical Expressions (OA)
2. Numerical Patterns (OA)
3. Place Value (NBT)
4. Place Value Operations (NBT)
5. Fractions I (NF)
6. Fractions II (NF)
7. Unit Fractions
8. Units Conversion (MD)
9. Volume (MD)
10. Coordinate Geometry (G)
11. 2D Geometry (G)
The focus is: (1) developing understanding of multiplication and division and strategies within 100; (2) developing understanding of fractions, especially unit fractions; (3) developing understanding of the structure of rectangular arrays and of area; (4) describing and analyzing two-dimensional shapes.
- FUN AVATARS: Interactive friendly and customizable Avatars
- MOTIVATING GAMEPLAY: By answering questions, children earn coins that they use to unlock different levels and games.
- PERSONALIZED LEARNING: The app adjusts difficulty level to match child’s performance and learning requirements.
- AUTO-SOLVE helps kids get to the right solution for each question.
- REPORTS: Real-time feedback and performance reports are provided for learners, parents, and teachers.
- CORE MATH SKILLS: 5th Grade math skills based on Common Core State Standards. More than 2300 questions and 100+ skills have been covered.
- GUIDED VOICEOVER: Dinah guides children through the question-answers. This enables better understanding of the concepts and improves retention.
- RICH GRAPHICS: The user interface is simple and clean with great animations so that question solving is fun. Large variety of questions and high quality images to keep children engaged throughout the sessions.
- Developed using LogTera MAPLE platform
CCSS Topics Covered:
5.OA-Operations and Algebraic Thinking
* Write and interpret numerical expressions.
* Analyze patterns and relationships.
5.NBT-Number and Operations in Base Ten
* Understand the place value system.
* Perform operations with multi-digit whole numbers and with decimals to hundredths.
5.NF-Number and Operations—Fractions
* Use equivalent fraction as a strategy to add and subtract fractions.
* Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to multiply and divide fractions.
5.MD-Measurement and Data
* Convert like measurement units within a given measurement system.
* Represent and interpret data.
* Geometric measurement: understand concepts of volume and relate volume to multiplication and to addition.
* Graph points on the coordinate plane to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
* Classify two-dimensional figures into categories based on their properties.
Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- UI Improvements
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Interface needs work
Some of the graphs are so tiny that they are illegible. It is impossible to answer questions when the numbers are so tiny you literally can’t see them.
I’m using This app to review the 5th grade curriculum so I can help my daughters who are struggling with math. This app presents the concepts without any explanation of what they are but it’s an interesting way to learn through trial and error and game dynamics.
However, it needs a thorough proofing for usability by and adult.
This game totally sucked I mean at first my sister loved it then she couldn't play anymore because she had to pay to go on to the next level.
WARNING:Don not buy this App
Fun but 😁
Fun but it only gives you so many rounds then you have to BUY 😤. The full version
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- LogTera Inc
- 209.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © 2012-15 ClassK12.com
- In-App Purchases
- 5th Grade Math - Monthly $0.99
- Access to All Categories (full access) $5.99
- Access to 2D Geometry Category $1.99
- Access to Numerical Expressions Category $1.99
- Access to Numerical Patterns Category $1.99
- Access to Place Value Category $1.99
- Access to Place Value Operations Category $1.99
- Access to Fractions I Category $1.99
- Access to Fractions II Category $1.99
- Access to Unit Fractions Category $1.99