NYC Restaurant Inspection Grades
Before you eat, inspect the restaurant! All New York City restaurants on a map, color-coded to reveal the grade provided by the health department. (Green is good; red is bad.) Use your current location to see a map of the immediate area or search for your favorite place. Click through to read a history of its inspections and health violations, then decide to skip dinner, maybe.
Fastest restaurant inspection, all info on your device, no Internet access needed.
* Search by restaurant name, street name, or cuisine type
* Works even when you don't have Internet access (but doesn't show maps): you can look for restaurants when you're in the subway!
* Restaurants can be shown on a map or as a list
* Locator button on bottom right sets the map to your present location
* Color coding of locator dots reveals level of restaurant violations, on a sliding scale from green (best) to red (worst)
* If a restaurant is Grade Pending, color dot indicates whether it would be a B or a C by the inspection score
* Mark favorite restaurants
* Links to walking directions, phone the restaurant
All restaurant information provided by the New York Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Restaurants close, things change, and maps are not always accurate. Regular updates will attempt to fix any problems.
Updated database as of Aug 31, 2021; on-going updates are applied automatically (check the Info screen)
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. Updates always break it.
I have had food poisoning 3 times in my life. Each incident is indelibly etched into my memory. This is my favorite food app. Every time I update the database the app freezes then I must reinstall. This has occurred at least the last ten updates. Despite this inconvenience I will give it 4 stars. As soon as the problem is fixed I'll give it six. Lol
Great concept, poor design, 0 upkeep
For the moron who said "really isn't that hard to get an A rating", I can start with 1000% confidence that he is not in the industry in NYC. The board of health is a revenue service for manhattan, and they offer no solid "checklist" of what their inspectors will be looking for. Some inspectors look for this, others look for that, and so on and so forth. That being said; this app, while in concept is great, the only issue I have is that it crashes almost every time. No need to talk restaurant "shop", fact of the matter is when you download an app, you expect it to work. It doesn't. Don't waste your time, just go to the BOH website.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for trying the app! If you don't want to navigate the DOH website and want easy-to-use maps, try GradePending. It doesn't really crash that much.
Very useful. I use this app all the time to check out restaurant grades. This app is especially useful because you can check out an eatery a grade history as well as their violations. Current grades and violations are updated in the app often.
UI could be a little better, especially the map view, but overall this is a fantastic app, developer has done a stellar job.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dan Costin
- 58.9 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Dan Costin
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.