Grafio turns 10. It's been around for a decade already - polished, efficient and with more features than ever before.
Grafio is not a tool for professionals only. Its smooth learning curve allows everyone to convey their ideas visually and with ease. Hundreds of thousands use Grafio worldwide, due to its simplicity and affordability.
There are no ongoing subscription costs or upgrade charges. Once you purchase it, you have access to an ongoing number of libraries (shapes and symbols) and a multitude of new features with every update.
Since Grafio was released 10 years ago, there have been 3 major upgrades, including dozens of new object libraries and a fresh new look to the layout.
To begin, simply draw a rectangle, circle or an ellipse and see what makes drawing with Grafio so easy and fun. Grafio can recognize and replace any of the shapes mentioned with a perfectly looking one for your diagram or schematic, ready to be used over and over.
Drag and drop objects on the canvas for more complex diagrams. Make connections, add text labels and images.
The shapes you draw are automatically closed and straightened, all basic shapes are instantly recognized. The lines you draw between shapes are automatically turned into connections thanks to our shape recognition magic.
Some diagrams require more advanced objects. Grafio provides thousands of shapes that you can easily drag in from the library. In addition, you can embed images from your Camera Roll into shapes and connect them to your other shapes.
Recording audio notes to your shapes can be a way for you to collect your thoughts and include them in the finishing product, or as a reference.
- Video tutorials on Grafio can be found on YouTube:
+++ FEATURE SET +++
• Shape recognition - recognizes hand drawn basic shapes
• Drag & drop shapes from many libraries
• Insert, embed, or paste images
• Precise drawing with Apple Pencil
• Build diagrams and graphs through connections
• Label shapes and connections
• Select, move, rotate and scale everything (even scribbles)
• Change size, color, opacity and other properties of your shapes
• Have a favorite font? Import your font from popular websites
• 10 Different connection types with adjustable radius
• Precision toolbar for nudging, rotation and resizing
• Flip, align and distribute shapes with a single tap
• AirPlay and video output for presentations
• Export to PDF, PNG or JPG
• Record audio notes with each object
• Export videos with how your design reaches the final product
• iCloud and Files integration
+++ THE POSSIBILITIES +++
• Make Designs
• Take Visual Notes
• Vector Sketches
• Flowcharts and network diagrams
• Any diagram type that has a name: ArchiMate, Audit, Block, Cabling, Data Flow, Electrical, Gantt, P&ID, Sankey, SDL, TQM, UML, Use Case, Venn, Wireframe, Workflow, etc.
• Industrial Processes
• Organizational Charts
• Basic Charts and Graphs
• Mind Mapping (Brainstorming Diagram)
• Web Site Maps
• Road Plans
• Military operational and tactical plans
and many more...
+++ STENCILS +++
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• AV Connectors
• Azure Services
• Balloons & callouts
• Basic Flowchart
• Basic 2D & 3D Shapes
• Electrical symbols
• Gantt Chart
• Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• Hazard & GHS symbols
• JoyPixels (formerly EmojiOne)
• NATO Joint Military Symbology (APP-6)
• Piping & Instrumentation
• Pneumatic & Hydraulic
• Sankey Diagrams
• UML Diagram
• US Road Signs
• Vintage shapes
• FULL ACCESS - Get all libraries at a discount
• Audit Diagram
• Concept Map
• Cross-Functional Flowchart
• Data Flow Diagram
• ESL "Energese"
• Event-driven process chain (EPC)
• iOS UI Kit
• Marketing Diagrams
• Maps & Flags
• Network Diagram
• SDL Diagram
• TQM Diagram
• UX Flowchart cards (sitemap)
• Venn Diagrams
• Workflow Diagram
* Auto-save tweaks to improve document persistence and overall reliability
* Document life cycle improvements
* Document import location set to local documents folder
* Some iPad devices: Background color selection now behaves consistently
* Smaller memory footprint when document is closed
* Video preview mode now clears the current selection
* Video export fixes
* iPhone: Shapes Library image picker now displays properly sized thumbnails
Ratings and Reviews
This should be a 5-star Review
I am thrilled with Grafio. Can’t get enough of it. I do wish they can introduce (and fix) certain features. The fix first: since the recent iOS upgrade I can no longer upload to Dropbox. That’s minor. As for improvements: when creating org charts allow for shape substitutions to boxes. Now you have to delete a box and all connectors resulting in lots of lost time to recreate. Aligning multiple objects at once whether top/bottom, right/left or center would be great. Otherwise love, love, love it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the passionate review and for the suggestions! In fact the last 3 updates were made towards better Dropbox support and we have users reporting that Dropbox finally works as expected. If this is not the case with you, please get in touch by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we could get a bit more information about what exactly doesn't work. Shape substitution is a popular feature, we will definitely deliver it in a future update. Alignment and distribution is coming in Grafio 4 soon, there is dedicated toolbar for it. Stay tuned!
Mabye this latest update will cure the problem?
I love this app. Let’s get that straight right up front. I find one consistently bothersome bug though. The way I use the app, I typically push shapes around constantly, tweaking here and there, sometimes for over an hour. Almost always use Apple Pencil. But I also use Apple Keyboard a lot at the same time. I like the precision of moving objects with the arrow keys. But invariably, the arrow keys will stop working sometime during the session. Even with the Apple Pencil, I can’t get the same precision of placement and it becomes frustrating trying to place things just so with either finger or pencil. The workaround I found was to disconnect and reconnect the keyboard to make the arrow keys work again. Oh, and one big wish for future functionality: It would be most awesome if a circle would remain a perfect circle when being resized. I don’t want to lose the ability to make an egg shape out of it, but I do want the option to do both. Actually this would be great for all the shapes, but most especially for circles. Wonderful App!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the thorough review! We'd suggest to continue the thread by email on email@example.com as we'll be able to delve into more details. To answer your concerns: keyboard stops working - we have never stumbled into such behavior - can you specify what model this is - the optional iPad Pro keyboard or a standard bluetooth keyboard? Also, when this happens, can you still type into other apps, e.g. in Notes? Uniform scaling - if you pinch with your fingers within the object's boundaries then it is scaled proportionally; BTW there is an internal discussion about proportional scaling - right now the corner scaling handles work in a free form ratio mode, while I believe they should keep the object's aspect ratio; what's your take on that? And the good news is - our major update Grafio 4 contains a precision toolbar that allows placing/scaling objects by using numerical values for ultimate precision.
Great diagram app for a fraction of the cost
Easier to use than Omnigraffle, has plenty of features, and costs a fraction of the price. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that Omnigraffle does, but I found that most of those were for very specific professional needs and most people don’t need them. Grafio does have more features than Lucidchart and is again much cheaper (no subscription compared to $5.99-$8.99/mo for Lucidchart). I use Grafio for creating org charts, diagraming processes both for work and at home, and used it to create a network map when setting up my home network. The library of assets is great and includes assets to meet just about any need. The examples that are included have been great for helping me come up with ideas for my own diagrams. Being able to use the Apple Pencil to create shapes has been a big bonus and I love that I can import my own assets (icons mainly) into Grafio. If you need a feature packed diagraming app that’s easy to use get Grafio!
Developer Response ,
Dear Johnny, thank you so much for the heart-warming review! Should you need something, don't hesitate to get in touch any time: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ten Touch Ltd.
- 306.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Ten Touch Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Full Library Access $5.99
- Network Diagram $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.