Brand new design and exciting new features for homebrewers at any level of experience.
Connect with the global homebrewing community and enjoy your craft wherever you go. Our new and improved Community Mobile App allows you to create, brew and share beer recipes using a variety of brewing tools, calculators, recipe styles and equipment profiles.
Use our step by step messaging system to guide you through a brew on ANY brewing system as well as connect remotely to the Grainfather Connect Control Box. You can read articles, take our Brewing 101 Course and keep track of Homebrew and Craft Beer Events on the go.
With new offline use, you can create recipes offline and sync them to your profile when you connect again.
• Brand new user interface
• Upgraded messaging system to guide you through the brewing process. Now also available on non-Grainfather equipment
• Create and edit recipes, brew sessions and equipment profiles without an internet connection and your changes will be synced when you’re back online
• Explore and brew thousands of community recipes from the app
• Create mash and fermentation profiles once, and easily import them into your recipes and brew sessions
• Create and manage your recipes with more styles available (now supporting BJCP Beer, BJCP Cider, BJCP Mead, and Brewers Association styles)
• Share recipes and sessions with your friends
• Manage your brewing equipment, compatible with all brewing systems
• 22 Brewing Calculators to improve accuracy and efficiency and make every brew replicable
• Manage ingredient profiles and add custom ingredients
• Monitor and manage fermentation with a range of different IoT devices including Tilt, Plaato and iSpindel
• The recipe editor now has a new recipe stats view
• Personalise your brewing experience according to your level of experience and favourite beer styles
• Take our Brewing 101 course and start your experience with some basic brewing knowledge
• Explore articles on all things brewing
• Explore and brew thousands of community recipes
• Customise your account settings
• Check out brewing events happening locally or around the world
• No advertising!
Note: Bluetooth connection may be lost depending on distance from the Grainfather. If this happens the Grainfather will continue without the device. Once you come back into range the device will reconnect automatically.
Bug fixes for fermentation tracking devices
Updated instructions for fermentation tracking devices
General bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
Please bring back Grainfather Connect
I loved my two Grainfather and use to tell everyone how much I loved the device but this app simple put is “useless” to be polite. I expect to do everything manually as this apps simply doesn’t work at all. What a waste of time and money. This app looks pretty but simply doesn’t work. I imported my recipes online but could never get my recipes to sync to the app. I was able to get the software to connect to one of the two Grainfathers but every time I tried to start a recipe it failed. Why??? Grainfather competition is growing quickly and you could be the #1 choice but sadly you look like you are simply trying to put yourself out of business. Why???? I will miss such a great product that sadly shot itself in the foot when it could have kept the lead and grown to be the product that all brewers wished they owned.
I liked the old version better
The original grainfather app for brewing was such a pleasure to use, just enter the steps hit go and follow along. This new version? I have spent nearly an hour just trying to enter the recipe this is unbelievably convoluted - maybe all this scientific mumbojumbo is useful for brewing scientists and anal retentives - I just want to brew some beer.
After some more poking around in the app I found that you can manually control the HW via bluetooth - and some of the built in calculators are handy. Really wish you guy would make a simplified version or area in the app where i can enter in the steps without having to go into minute detail of every step - but maybe that is in there. I’ll keep digging around while I’m waiting for my strike water to come up to temp...
Version 4 of the app makes me want to stop brewing
I’ve been brewing with the Grainfather (GF) for about 3-4 years and home brewing for at least 10 years. The Connect GF controller was previously a joy to use with the previous app versions but version 4 has rendered the Gf connect useless. When I get a new phone, the app was automatically updated and I’ve been stuck with this piece of garbage app. I would frankly advise anyone against the Grainfather product because of how terrible the app (GF Community) is. What was previously an intuitive app that would make brewing “press and play” has been become neutered. Please return the old version and burn version 4 with fire, sweep up the ashes, sprinkle holy water over it and bury it in a pet cemetery.
- IMAKE HOLDINGS LIMITED
- 130.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Imake Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.