*30-DAY FREE TRIAL*
Get access to over 1,000 issues of the comprehensive monthly guide to the best of classical music on your iPad and iPhone for just £5.49 per month.
If you want to read interviews with the leading figures of classical music and find out which are the latest must-buy classical releases, then Gramophone is the magazine for you. With its unrivalled 90 years of experience, Gramophone gives its readers the world’s most in-depth and knowledgeable analysis of classical music, past and present.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which will give you the latest issue along with every edition from our 90 year history. With over access to over 1,000 since our launch in 1923 you will then be able to explore one of the most comprehensive and detailed guides to classical music any enthusiast could ever want.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
The digital magazine has fully interactive navigation and search functionality to make using the digital edition simple. Features include:
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Latest issues come with links to iTunes so you can sample music and buy in just two clicks
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£5.99 per month
£79.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for Dark Mode
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Missing critical search features
Great magazine but the app has two major issues:
1. There is no function associated with easily accessing their review archive. Shouldn’t this be provided with a subscription?
2. The search function provided is so limited in functionality that it can’t possibly be used to effectively search for anything.
Fix these two issues and it’s five star app for me.
I'll start with the same statement I read in another review, "I'm not sure what the negative reviews are about". I don't get it either. Maybe they are from a few years ago but I have had no issues with the app. The magazine is clear and easy to navigate. The resolution is very high (which I love) and the quality of the writing goes without saying (the best). I have wanted something interactive to look over when I'm listening to music and this is it. Great job!
Great mag, poor app
AFAIK it doesn't even allow text size to be modified, so essentially you're left to struggle with large images of a small-font magazine page that you read in the manner of examining a large photo in sections at a time. Any newspaper app allows more readability than this. Cp. The New Yorker app. Very frustrating.
- Mark Allen Holdings Ltd
- 13.4 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2019 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Gramophone $4.99
- Gramophone $49.99
- Gramophone $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.