IF YOU PURCHASED GTA: CHINATOWN WARS HD, PLEASE CHECK YOUR ITUNES PURCHASE HISTORY AND RE-DOWNLOAD. IT HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH THE SAME GREAT FEATURES AS THIS VERSION.
LEFT FOR DEAD IN THE WORST PLACE IN AMERICA
Following his father's murder, Huang Lee has a simple mission: deliver an ancient sword to his Uncle Kenny to ensure his family retains control of the Triad gangs of Liberty City. Huang is a spoiled rich kid who expects everything to run smoothly, but his trip does not go exactly as planned. After being robbed and left to die, he will search for honor, riches and revenge in the most dangerous and morally bankrupt city in the world.
Built specifically for portable devices, the groundbreaking Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars has been updated for iOS devices to provide an enhanced and more immersive experience.
- Universal App! Play on all your supported iOS devices*
- Full Retina Display resolution support
- Support for MFi controllers
- Updated, highly customizable touchscreen controls
- Epic storyline with tons of side-missions, addictive mini-games and hidden collectibles
- Choose from five radio stations or create your own with custom playlist support**
Languages Supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese.
*Requires iOS 7.0 or greater.
**To listen to your own music library in-game, create a playlist titled "GTA" in iTunes, sync your iOS device and select the “Independence FM” radio station while playing.
Updated iOS Version developed by War Drum Studios
Find out more:
General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great game, my personal favorite GTA
I love GTA Chinatown Wars, and it's nice to see that it's been kept up to date. I've played through this game a couple of times—on my PSP, and the on my iPod touch. Now I'm playing on my new iPad, but something kind of bugs me.
The PSP version had noticeably better graphics than the iOS version at the time. While that isn't quite the case now (as the iOS version can run at much higher, crisper resolutions), the PSP version still has better lighting effects. Night had a great atmosphere in the PSP version, especially during police chases. In this version, night just feels flat. The lack of the lighting effects that are in the PSP version doesn't make much sense to me considering how much more powerful iOS devices are compared to it, but oh well. Would be great if those were added in.
I love this game
1. Brings me back to my childhood playing GTA 1 and 2.
2. Much better graphics than the DS version.
3. No wifi or data required to play. I can literally play this game anywhere.
1. Buttons are a bit small and close together. Instead of braking/reversing, sometimes I’ll shoot or jump out of the vehicle.
2. The wanted level stars are very tiny.
3. The Independence (custom) radio station keeps playing the same song from the beginning every time I exit and enter the vehicle.
4. I can’t find a way to message Rockstar Games to report bugs.
1. When talking to a drug dealer there is a star if there is a special deal and a red down arrow if the price is bad or good. There is no green up arrow so you have to check every drug individually to see if there will be a profit.
Chinatown Wars HD owners S.O.L.
Apologies to all the early supporters like me that paid $9.99 for Chinatown Wars HD- despite Rockstar’s claim to keep the current version available to us, the only way to play it is to avoid updating your phone for the past five years...
I went through three different tiers of Rockstar “Support,” and each person I spoke to gave me varying sentiments of “hate it for you, nothing I can do.” We already paid for the premium version of this game, and the only thing that changed is the way it’s listed on the App Store. Rockstar claims in the product description that this game is identical in every way to the more expensive HD version we already paid for, so why are we being asked to fork over another $5 to play a game we already own?!
I get that Rockstar has embraced the micro-transaction formula in recent years, but I never expected them to resort to this sort of callous cash-grab. Buyer beware- it’ll happen to you, too!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rockstar Games, Inc.
- 879.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Rockstar Games 2009
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.