This dancing Grandpa and his wacky tools are ready for fun and projects in the workshop! Grandpa needs help identifying tools, measuring, cutting wood, spotting differences, painting furniture, repairing broken items, and even building an awesome kids’ clubhouse! The game includes eight action-packed mini-games loaded with educational content (number groups, measuring, fractions, colors, observation, spatial relationships) and videos of real tools in action! Ages 3-7.
"Given the subject matter, the educational and replay value with LOTS of fun added in, I would HIGHLY recommend this app!" - APPreciation
“Grandpa has such positive attitude, always giving out praises whenever a task is completed correctly.” - Geeks with Juniors
"Delightful with seven mini-games… presented in a fun way that has your child playing along without realizing they are learning." - the iMums
EIGHT ACTION-PACKED MINI-GAMES!
1. Spot the Difference. One of those tricky tools is sillier than usual... can you spot the one that is different?
2. Board Fractions. Let's cut the board into halves, thirds, or quarters and count how many pieces we have!
3. Measuring. Zippy the tape measure is stretched out so that you can measure the board! How long is it?
4. Select the Tool. Grandpa needs a screwdriver to finish this project. Can you hand it to him?
5. Number Groups. We'll need 4 springs to finish up this project... which jar has 4 springs?
6. Puzzle Fix-Up. Oh no! Grandma's plate is broken! Let's piece it back together.
7. Paint the Project. Grandpa just built this stool... what color will you paint it?
8. Match the Tools. Can you help Grandpa match up the paint brushes and screwdrivers?
- Number groups (quantities, numeral recognition): 1-12
- Colors: orange, purple, brown, red, green, yellow, blue, pink, black, gray
- Measuring: measure items in units 1-12
- Vocabulary: pliers, hammer, c-clamp, tape measure, broom, saw, screwdriver, wrench, level, oil can, dustpan, bucket, paint brush, bolt, nut, spring, tack, nail, screw, washer, ruler, jigsaw, safety glasses, chisel, gloves, trowel, drill, sawdust
- Fractions: halves, thirds, quarters
- Spacial relationships (puzzles)
- Observation skills (spot the difference)
Grandpa's Workshop was developed by an Educational Psychologist and parents. Tested by children.
Fairlady Media is committed to developing high-quality family-friendly games that provide excellent entertainment value. Please contact us if you have suggestions for improvement or to get technical issues resolved: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also by Fairlady Media:
+ GRANDMA’S GARDEN (dancing Granny teaches preschool skills, ages 5 & under)
+ GRANDMA’S KITCHEN (fun and learning with Grandma and her wacky utensils, ages 4-7)
+ GRANDMA LOVES BUGS (explore the forest to learn about creepy-crawlies, ages 5 & under)
+ GRANDPA IN SPACE (blast off in a custom rocket to explore the solar system, ages 6-8)
+ GRANDMA’S PRESCHOOL (the best school readiness app on the App Store, ages 3-6)
+ FISHING WITH GRANDPA (cast and reel in fish and play games with Grandpa, ages 3-6)
+ MUSIC WITH GRANDMA (learn about music and jam on musical instruments, ages 7+)
+ CAMPING WITH GRANDPA (go on a hiking adventure and learn about the wilderness, ages 5-8)
+ AT THE ZOO WITH GRANDMA AND GRANDPA (tour the zoo and learn about 50+ animals, ages 6-8)
+ GRANDPA’S TOY SHOP (design, build, and decorate toys to sell in Grandpa’s shop, ages 6-9)
+ BUILD WITH GRANDPA (demolish, design, build, paint, and decorate houses, ages 5-9)
+ GRANDMA’S BEACH FUN (sand, water, sun, and fireworks, ages 5-8)
+ SMASHING GRAMMAR (crush the nouns, verbs, and more to get a high score, ages 9+)
Links that take the user outside the app are contained behind a Parental Gate.
Minor bug fixes and updates. Thanks for choosing Fairlady Media! :)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
More education but also great!!!
I think you should put different grade levels in this game because my brother is in second grade and he says it’s boring because he knows everything and he isn’t learning. I would really like if you would put grade levels on but this game is also great!!!
Very well done
Very happy with this app. My son loves it, and he's actually learning (I think!!). Grandpa and Grandma are very cute. There are about 8 activities to do, which are pretty standard - painting wood, sawing wood, repairing broken items, counting, spotting the difference, etc. My absolute favorite, which is what I think makes this app really stand out, are the short videos that show actual tools being used, with narration that is very informative for little kids. And my son LOVES seeing grandpa dance and giving him a high-five. Also very cool that as the child finishes a set of activities, "grandpa" builds more and more of his playhouse. Very rewarding for kids.
My two year old can’t read and she doesn’t like the game!
Developer Response ,
This app is intended for ages 3-7 and includes audio prompts. Please reach out to email@example.com for assistance with un-muting your device. Thanks! :)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.