Graphmatica is a powerful, easy-to-use, equation plotter with numerical and calculus features. Graph Cartesian functions, relations, and inequalities, plus polar, parametric, and ordinary differential equations. Numerically solve and graphically display tangent lines and integrals. Find critical points, solutions to equations, and intersections between Cartesian functions. In summary, a great tool for students and teachers of anything from high-school algebra through college calculus.
1. Fixed y=x^(-(2/3)) to be correctly identified as an even power, so it draws both sides of the graph.
2. Fixed a rare memory corruption issue in curve fitting code.
3. Fixed bug which could cause the "Guess for off-screen intersection" entered in the Find Intersection dialog box to be ignored.
4. Fixed bug which caused Find Intersection on two curves with only a single point of their domains in common to display a spurious "Cannot solve this equation using Newton's method" error. The single shared point is now evaluated to see if it is an intersection or not.
5. Adjusted associativity of implied function parameters to assume that a factor which contains another function call was meant to multiply the first function call, not the function parameter. For instance, y = sinx cosx now parses as y=(sin x)*(cos x) rather than y=sin(x*cos x). You can of course add explicit parentheses around function parameters to clarify your intent.
6. Fixed issues which could cause a fatal error graphing an equation to also corrupt memory or crash the program.
7. Fixed formatting of equations produced by Find Derivative so derivatives of tan(x) and cot(x) graph correctly on reload.
8. Changing Theta Range now redraws the affected polar graphs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Would love to get rid of the awful gray background
Works great for plotting functions, but clumsy interface for labeling axes and the gray background is distracting. I will find it very useful in spite of that.
Developer Response ,
Your choice of black or white background color schemes (or any of 100+ other custom colors) awaits in the Colors tab of the Graph Paper dialog box (Options->Graph Paper menu). Color schemes are saved/reused automatically for new graphs.
Powerful graphing App
The only other review of this app available on the App store stated that it wouldn’t graph equations. However you certainly can graph equations with this application. It would help to know some basic math, read the instructions and have a little patience. I wish I’d had this app when I was learning calculus and differential equations.
cant graph equation
so basically i can't graph any equation and i just wasted $25.
Developer Response ,
Reviewer did not contact me for help, so I can't be sure of the exact issue, but a common first-time mistake is entering an expression like "x^2", which won't graph--you need to enter a full equation like "y=x^2".
If the demo files (File -> Open Demo Files -> ... menu ) or quick help (Help -> Operator Table menu) aren't enough to get you started on the graphs you're interested in, you can use Help -> Email Support to contact me--I answer every e-mail, generally within 24 hours.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.