Set your child or classroom up for reading success! GraphoGame helps kindergarten and primary school children learn to read and spell their first letters, syllables and words. Academically validated content and no ads!
• Engaging & systematic phonics game that complements any phonics programme
• Practice and build up knowledge of letters and sounds quickly with your child and keep practising to make it automatic!
• Developed in collaboration with the University of Cambridge Centre for Neuroscience in Education
• Designed for school and home use
GraphoGame helps kids learn letters, rhymes and their sounds through a variety of engaging 3D levels – all with your child’s own unique player character that keeps them coming back for more! The player gradually moves on from graphemes and phonemes, through syllables and rhyme units, to eventually learn how to blend what they have learned into complete words. By playing just 15 minutes regularly, kids can improve their letter knowledge, phonological awareness, reading speed and overall confidence in literacy!
Initially developed in Finland as a support tool to help children struggling with reading to learn the basic decoding skills, the content of GraphoGame: Kids Learn to Read was developed in collaboration with the University of Cambridge Centre for Neuroscience in Education. The effectiveness of GraphoGame was studied in an efficacy trial funded by the Education Endowment Foundation and Wellcome Trust. To learn more about the study, visit our website!
• Synthetic phonics training app utilising onset-rime analogy
• In-game literacy analytics for tracking student progress & difficulties
• Suitable for ages 3-9
• Two game interfaces: Stars (for school) and Paper Map (for home)
• Engaging 3D graphics
• Avatar creation & customisation
• Works offline & online
• NO ADVERTISEMENTS OR IN-APP PURCHASES
NEW! Power-up GraphoGame with a GraphoGame Online Account!
This is an online service for getting the most out of GraphoGame in a classroom setting!
• Play on any logged in device, anywhere!
• Never lose data – all progress is saved on our secure Google Cloud (no identifiable data is saved, GDPR compliant)
• New Groups feature – help manage your students by creating groups (i.e. Classroom 1B or Special Needs Group)
• Share student avatars with other accounts
• Upload old offline avatars to your new account without losing progress
Register for a trial 2-player account in-game and contact us for more info on classroom usage!
ADDITIONAL MATERIAL (see our website):
• GraphoGame Teacher Guide made with the University of Cambridge Centre for Neuroscience in Education
• GraphoGame academic publications and intervention studies
“I would definitely recommend the game . . . It's what's been lacking - a stretching programme for English and it does motivate them” – Primary school teacher
“it's not reliant on adult support, it's easy to use as an intervention tool and you can monitor progress easily through it” – Primary school teacher
“If there is a tricky word. . . we can chop it up into pieces and answer it” – Primary school student
Game icon © Grapho Group Oy, Ville Mönkkönen & Mika Halttunen
- Removed "Levels Stats" from the stream analytics view. Now only "Item Stats" are shown to help users analyse the avatar's progression
- Added stream content descriptions to help users know what content is being taught
- Removed an icon from the paper map that caused crashes
- Added a pop-up screen for new characters explaining the gameplay
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs iPhoneX update
I just got the iPhone X and can’t log into GraphoGame. When I try I briefly see my sons name and avatar but then I’m bumped back to the login screen.
Otherwise great app for learning to read.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and the feedback, it is highly appreciated! We're really sorry to hear you've had a logging-in issue like this and we shall we releasing a patch very shortly to solve this issue.
Thank you for letting us know of this technical difficulty, it helps us make GraphoGame an even greater app for learning to read!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.