Set your child or classroom up for reading success! GraphoGame helps kindergarten and primary school children learn to read and spell their first letters, syllables and words. Academically validated content and no ads!
• Engaging & systematic phonics game that complements any phonics programme
• Developed in collaboration with prestigious organizations such as Haskins Laboratories (United States), University of Cambridge Centre for Neuroscience in Education (United Kingdom) and University of Jyväskylä (Finland)
• Designed for school and home use
GraphoGame helps kids learn letters, rhymes and their sounds through a variety of engaging 3D levels – all with your child’s own unique avatar that keeps them coming back for more! The player gradually moves from graphemes and phonemes, through syllables and rhymes, to eventually learn how to blend what they have learned into complete words. By playing just 15 minutes sessions regularly, kids can improve their letter knowledge, phonological awareness, reading speed and overall confidence in literacy.
This American English version of GraphoGame is the result of the work done by Haskins Laboratories, a private, not-for-profit research institute founded in 1935, investigating the biological basis of speech, language and reading, and their related disabilities. GraphoGame is based on decades of research in dyslexia, neurolinguistics and neuropsychology by the University of Jyväskylä in Finland and adapted to English by the University of Cambridge Centre for Neuroscience in Education
• Synthetic phonics training app utilizing researched onset-rime methodology
• In-game literacy analytics for tracking user progress
• Suitable for ages 6-9
• Two game interfaces: Stars (for school) and Paper Map (for home)
• Engaging 3D graphics
• Avatar creation & customization
• Works offline
• NO ADS OR IN-APP PURCHASES
“I would definitely recommend the game . . . It's what's been lacking - a stretching programme for English and it does motivate them” – Primary school teacher
“it's not reliant on adult support, it's easy to use as an intervention tool and you can monitor progress easily through it” – Primary school teacher
"GraphoGame is so helpful for my students; most of them start to read just by playing with this app. Thank you for this amazing tool!"
Game icon © Grapho Group Oy, Ville Mönkkönen & Mika Halttunen
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Jumped in difficulty without any instruction
It’s a nice app, but it jumped from providing instruction and practice on 2-letter rimes like -et and -ip to providing practice on rimes like -ight and -ould without any instruction. I wonder if it’s bc this is the free version, but either way, if it keeps up like this, my daughter will probably stop using it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.