"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough" - Oprah Winfrey
Gratitude is a completely private & colourful journal app that reminds us to be grateful during the day & become more mindful.
Thoughts are really powerful! We believe that happiness is just a thought away. Our lives have so become busy preoccupied with distractions that we let our thoughts go helter-skelter towards negativity. This app reminds us to observe our thoughts, focus on the positive & increase overall happiness.
Keeping a Gratitude journal & being thankful from day one for small little things could have tremendous benefits on your quality of life. Many therapists recommend keeping a Gratitude journal to help us calm our anxiety, manage stress, have a better & deep sleep, improve our focus and concentration, break addictive habits & improve mindfulness levels at work. Research reveals Gratitude has significant benefits:
1. It opens the door to more relationships. Taking a moment to thank people and relations that matter to you definitely goes a long way to increase our happiness levels.
2. Improves physical health. Lower levels of stress and mindful about surroundings including mindful eating improves physical strength.
3. Improves psychological health. Gratitude directly impacts well-being, increases overall happiness and reduces depression.
4. Enhances empathy & reduces aggression. Gratitude enables us to forgive and forget grudges or negative people, helps control our anger.
5. Grateful people sleep better. Expressing & writing grateful thoughts before sleep leads to better and quality sleep.
6. Improves self-esteem. It’s human nature to complain about things that we lack or compare ourselves with another. Gratitude makes it easy to let go of unwanted things and builds our esteem and confidence.
7. Gratitude makes us more mindful & increases mental strength. Gratitude not only reduces stress, but plays a major role in overcoming trauma.
Gratitude app is very easy to use, intuitive, colourful, completely private and ads free. What makes the Gratitude app so wonderful.
1. Completely private – requires no login or signup. Stores your data locally on your device or uses your Google drive account, so data remains with you.
2. No ads – Ads are very obtrusive & can spoil our experience while expressing our Gratitude. We want to be completely ads free forever.
3. Helpful prompts – we tend to take little things for granted & it could be daunting task to understand what things we could and should be grateful for. The prompts in the app help you to get started with your Gratitude journey.
4. Daily quotes that encourages you to take control of your day once you wake up by instilling positivity & feeling the magic around you.
5. Colours & images – Paint your journal with pastel colours & make your journal entries memorable with camera snaps.
6. Practice Gratitude using Daily reminders – Most enjoyed feature of Gratitude. You can setup multiple reminders to make Gratitude as a way of life.
7. Send out letters of Gratitude – Pause for a moment & share a thank you letter with your dear and loved ones.
8. Passcode lock – Protect your journal with a lock or fingerprint authentication.
9. Gratitude streaks – a fun way to see & share your Gratitude journey.
You can also use your Gratitude journal to write affirmations. Affirmations are positive statements about yourself & what you want to be. Repeating affirmations will help users to focus on their good qualities, what they want to be, and eventually manifest it. Research from a team led by CMU's David Creswell found that people can boost their ability to solve problems under pressure by using self-affirmation. "Start your day with gratitude, a simple habit of your daily life. Develop an attitude of gratitude. Create your happy feed. Be grateful. Be happy"
App icon inspired from gratitude by boggu from the Noun Project.
App has a fresh new look. Quicker way to write and view your affirmations. You can set an affirmation reminder too. We have also prepared this app for iOS 13 dark mode.
Please reach out to me at email@example.com if you still see these issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful in every way!
I downloaded and tested 4 different gratitude journal apps, and this app is by far the clear, stand-out winner. Easy to use, easy to look at, and wonderfully customizable. You can select the color for each journal, add photos, and there’s no limit on characters. You can even share your journal entry as a letter and it sends exactly how it looks in the app. There’s also uplifting and inspiring quotes every day and a nice reminder alert if you wish to be intentional about your journaling. The app will track your days and streaks, although I wish the calendar piece was a little more of a focal point in the app. In any event, this is the best app out there and I am so glad I found it!! Download right away!
Developer Response ,
Hey Kayla, thanks for your lovely review 😍. We have created this app from our own experiences and that's why we've kept it simple and yet effective. Love to see that you found this app meaningful. Happy journaling and lots of love ❤️. Be grateful. Be happy.
Excellent App, so well thought out and simple
I have never written a review for an app, so that should provide insight into my feelings about this one. This app is perfectly simple. It’s clean, no ads, and just well thought out. I appreciate the changing quote each morning. I like that I can change the color palette depending on my mood or preference. I appreciate how it tracks my writing streak. It’s implicitly is what makes it a keeper. I believe less is more in just about every way and this app shines here. Just download it and start using it. You will notice over tune how your entries evolve because mindfulness and gratitude have a very real way of reframing our thoughts and perspectives.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback! It's indeed so amazing to pause for a few moments during the day and express and write our gratitude towards small good things happening in our lives. Please continue enjoying the app and feel free to write to me with any questions or feedback. Lots of love ❤️
Great app for tracking gratitude
I’ve been trying to find an app that is easy to use and has just the right features that doesn’t tease you with features and then ask you to pay for an upgrade to use the features. I’m grateful for this app as it gives me reminders during my busy days to stop and think about all the good. The quotes are nice to read each day. I like the ability to share with special people I’m grateful for. I also like that on rare occasions when life runs me over and I can go back and add for the previous day and it doesn’t mess up my streak! Thanks for having a wonderful free app that meets my needs.
Developer Response ,
This app has been developed out of our own experiences and we have always wanted it to be simpler but effective. Feel free to write us any kinda suggestion at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy journaling and be more grateful towards life. Lots of love ❤️
- Pritesh Sankhe
- 58.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 mindmelody
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.