Gravitational lensing is a remarkable astrophysical phenomenon, where the light
of a distant galaxy is bent by a massive foreground galaxy.
Now you can simulate the effect of a gravitational lens on your iPhone or iPad!
With GravLens3, a remarkable and educational tool you can:
* Simulate Hubble Space Telescope images of strong gravitational lenses
* Adjust the size and ellipticity of the lens model
* See the distortion on a picture from your photo library or camera
* Save the image, tweet it, post to Facebook, or print it
* Live View: view the world through a gravitational lens! Real-time lensing with your camera.
* Airplay and external monitor support. Broadcast your lensing to an external projector or Apple TV. Great for lectures!
* Retina display, iPhone 6/6 plus all supported.
Camera now works on iOS8 + iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Needs an update for ios 11
This is a fantastic app when it works - but it doesn't save your edits reliably. It keeps saving the unedited source.
11/18: iOS 12.1 on a new iPhone X - still isn't working properly. It allows you to manipulate the image to your heart's content, but will not save anything but the source image. Very disappointing. Used to be a great app.
Does exactly what it says. Yes, it is somewhat like some Photoshop effects, but this is real physics. And cool physics at that!
Well done! Easy to use, instructive, and fun.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.