* NOAA Marine Weather for the Great Lakes *
* Real-time marine weather buoy data
* 6-hour historical wave height trend reports
* 5-day National Weather Service marine forecast
* NOAA weather forecast discussion
* NOAA charts (map overlays)
* NWS severe weather notices
Real-time Data Includes:
- Significant wave height, period and direction
- Wind speed, gust and direction
- Air temperature
- Water temperature
6-hour History Data Includes:
- Significant wave height, period, direction
5-day NWS Marine Forecast
- Text summary, spot specific forecast
- Weather, sky, wind, waves
Simply tap anywhere on the map and view NOAA's spot specific point/zone marine forecast.
It's so simple and fast to use, that there is no need for saving favorites. However, the app will automatically save your most recently viewed forecast for future viewing.
NOAA Charts (Map Overlays):
- Raster Navigational Charts (RNC)
- Sea Surface Temperature
- Significant Wave Height
- HD Weather Radar
- Wind Speed & Direction
- Air Temperature
- 12-Hour Rain Probability
- Severe Weather
** Available for iPad and iPhone with single purchase **
Important: NOAA point specific forecasts are only available for USA territory. Some NOAA buoys are still OFFLINE from the winter, so please be patient with NOAA to get these buoys back to operational.
If you have any questions before purchasing, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I typically respond by the end of the day.
- Fixed a few minor bugs
Thank you for the positive feedback!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great AP for Great Lakes Sailors
This is very cool. Give a great summary relevant to boaters by touching your location in the screen. You can see wave height for the bouts near you. When I wasn’t sure what wave period was I emailed a question and Will wrote me back within a few minutes with a detailed article from surfology. Buy it, definitely a good AP, especially for the money.
Excellent and reliable weather and buoy reports
I like this app for four main reasons:
1. The text forecast is concise, simple, and accurate. It tells me wind, temperature, and general conditions.
2. NWS alerts are posted every time the app launches.
3. The buoy data provides near-real-time sea conditions. This let’s me know ahead of time if I should venture outside of the Buffalo, NY breakwater.
4. The discussion tab gives great and accurate insight into forces causing weather conditions over the next 72-96 hours.
This is the best weather app I have used so far. I rely on it daily during the summer.
I reviewed this app when it was brand new and didn’t have anything that wasn’t available on other apps. It just keeps adding features and now I use only this and Windy. Great job with the updates!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LW Brands, LLC
- 8.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © LW Brands, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.