The official app for Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Includes the Visitor's Guide to the Smokies, with more guides from the Great Smoky Mountains Association available through in-app purchase. All the basic information you need to know to plan your trip to the Smokies, or experience the park without leaving the house.
Everything is accessible without a cell signal for use within the park – even the maps!
This Visitor Guide gives you a great overview of the Smokies, featuring things to do, see, know and services, and contains a wide range of items such as:
• Favorite destinations like Cades Cove, Clingmans Dome, Roaring Fork, Oconaluftee Area, Fontana Dam, Cataloochee, Blue Ridge Parkway, Chimneys Picnic Area and many more.
• 38 photos and 2 videos, including a photo gallery.
• A park road map that includes all the roads in the park.
• Locations of services within the park such as visitor centers, restrooms and concessions.
• Concerns, guidelines, and tips—including what to do if you see a bear, bear behavior, directions, how to avoid the crowds, weather, snake and bug concerns and much more.
• Guides to popular recreation in the park such as auto touring, camping, picnicking, horseback riding, and more.
• Share information from the app via Facebook
Easily filter items while in the park using “around me,” which finds items within 5 miles of your location (without a cell signal).
Save things to do, see, know, services, places and preferred guides to your “favorites” for easier access.
Visit the in-app store to customize your app content and make your trip to the Smokies a unique and memorable experience. Available through the in-app store are:
• Auto Touring Favorites - 5 of the best main routes, backroads & byways in the park
• Black Bears in the Smokies - bear behavior, diet, safety tips and food storage tips
• Cades Cove Day Hikes - 9 best day hikes in the Cades Cove area
• Cades Cove Tour - guided auto tour with 18 stops & Mil Area walking tour
• Clingmans Dome Walking Tour - terrain, geology, geography and history
• Day Hike Favorites - 32 of the best loops, waterfalls and easy strolls
• Deep Creek Hikes - 7 day hikes in the interconnected trail system of the Deep Creek area
• Mountain Farm Museum Self-Guiding Tour - history and historic buildings of the open-air museum
• Newfound Gap Road Auto Tour - guided 31-mile auto tour with 32-stops
• Self-Guiding Nature Trails - 11 short, easy walks featuring the best of the park
• Waterfall Favorites - 13 waterfall drives and walks; geology and safety
• Wildflowers - 10 wildflower drives and walks; blooming calendar and identification tips
• An ever-growing selection of guides.
You can also get a bundle of the most popular guides with the Best of the Great Smoky Mountains app. It includes everything in the Great Smoky Mountains Visitor Guide, an enhanced trail map with detailed hiking trails, and 6 of the guides available through the in-app store purchasing.
November 2013 updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app. Needs update for IOS 11
We used this a great deal last week while vacationing in the Smokies. Today my IOS updated to 11 and now the app won’t work. Please update it so we can use the app again when we return to the mountains.
App only had two hikes listed. Not helpful for a guide of the park. Many other features missing.
Need and update. Good app, but won’t
- Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
- 73.7 MB
Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Content Copyright 2010,2013 Great Smoky Mountains Association. Application Copyright 2010,2013 Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Mt. Farm Museum Self-Guiding Tour $0.99
- Clingmans Dome Walking Tour $0.99
- Cades Cove Day Hikes $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.