The best way to learn a language is from a native.
Here is your chance. This application was designed, coded, tested and recorded by a native Greek speaker.
Other applications boasting to teach you modern Greek say "Bay-tah" for the second letter of the Greek alphabet. Are they joking?!
If you want to blend in and speak like a Greek then listen and learn from a Greek!
Come to Greek School and learn your alphabet and numbers. Learn how to say them the CORRECT way. I have spoken to many mathematicians that don't even know how to say their Greek letters!!!!
**Are you are professor?
**Are you an adult or parent wanting to teach their children Greek?
**Do you belong to a fraternity or sorority and want to learn the CORRECT pronunciation?
**Do you have a Greek friend and want to surprise them by speaking like a native?
**Are going to travel to Greece soon?
Foundation, foundation, foundation!
Toddlers, children and adults will all benefit from this application. Through repetition you can learn the foundation of Modern Greek properly as well as come to recognize the Greek flag. This is but one application in an upcoming series on learning Greek.
Best of all - Updates are FREE and this application works OFFLINE.
We are very interested in continually enhancing this application. We value your reviews and e-mails so please keep them coming!
Updated for iOS 13
Ratings and Reviews
Very good ,just needs a replay button to hear the word more than once
Just know what you
You are paying a buck for a recording of the Greek alphabet.
-He's a native speaker
- Audio definitely recorded on a computer mic, it's o-k-a-y…
- Only has a male voice. A lady speaker please?
- Has no index menu for the letters -- that's right, if you want to hear a letter, you'll have to go through them all again.
- Has no repeat button. To hear a letter again, you'll have to go back, then go forward again. Yes, seriously.
- Uses a slow flipping animation (really, how many sides of this "page" are there?) between letters that robs you of your life, it could at least be sped up
- No IPA, English pronunciation, or other detailed description of what he's saying. Beta sounds like "vleetuh" when he says it but underneath he has only written "VE as in Venus" -- what does he mean?
- No playback speed mode
- No writing trainer for the letters
- No quizzing system
- No ability to record yourself and compare
- No example words
Overall, as an alphabet trainer it's far behind others for Japanese, Arabic, Russian, etc. A bit disappointing and a poor investment of a dollar for it's current featureless state and lack of even basic controls (index, replay).
I didn't know you had to use a "soft" G to pronounce this and some of the other letters and numbers. This is pretty sweet with the audio of what sounds like a native speaker pronouncing each letter and number. I also like the phonetic guide that hints how to pronounce it with plain english words and it matches the audio. Why isn't there much more greek stuff on the app store? Please make more!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Yummy and Yummy, LLC
- 4.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Yummy and Yummy, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.