Griddle is the fast and handy pixel grid generator - perfect for your graphics applications and projects. Step aside, overlay grids - now you can bend, warp and integrate grids directly into your work! And say goodbye to the pain of measuring the effects of filters, such as Photoshop®'s Liquify, where overlay grids aren't even available.
Create the grid you need
• Customize your grid size and origin
• Set up major and minor grid layers with discrete line color, opacity, and style settings
• Label your grid lines with numbers or letters
• Include a background color or image
• Drag & drop, copy & paste, or save your grid to a file
Stop wasting time making project-specific grids from scratch. Let Griddle handle your grids while you get back to creating!
Photoshop users: Copying and pasting images with transparency will result in an opaque background. You'll get better results if you save your grid to a file and open it directly in Photoshop.
• Label your grid lines or spaces with numbers or letters
• Add a background color or image
• 64-bit support, so you're ready for future versions of macOS
• Retina Display support
• Dark mode support
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a preference setting for background color
This tool does just what it says, except the background while editing in always white. This makes it difficult to use when creating grids with white or light colored grid lines. Workaround is easy enough (build your grid with a dark color) but needlessly clunky for a paid app.
Developer Response ,
Have you seen we added a background color feature in the latest update, version 1.1? We hope you enjoy it!
Does exactly what it advertises
Great app for making a basic grid with almost no effort. I would love to see more options (i.e. the ability to distinguish verticle and horizontal lines, tertiary lines), and hope the developer adds these over time. For a simple grid, it works great.
Griddle is Great
This app is awesome. It does *exactly* what it says and does it well!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.