Grids brings the best Instagram experience to your Mac, with Stories (first and only app that supports stories!), Direct Message and Large/Fullscreen photo and video viewing.
As featured on TheNextWeb, AppAdvice, iDownloadBlog, DigitalTrends and many others.
* View Stories (pro)
* Direct message (pro)
* Share photos/user profiles/tags/locations via message
* Enlarged view mode allows photo viewing and video playing in large or full screen
* Clean, adaptive UI. Works at full screen as well as widget-sized window.
* Pixel-perfect layout and rendering. Retina display support. Your Instagram photos never looked this gorgeous.
* 4 beautiful layout styles for the pleasure of your eyes
* Picture size as well as spacing and background color can be adjusted to your liking.
* Fastest Instagram browsing experience you will have!
* Switch between multiple accounts seamlessly. (pro)
* Like, comment, follow, search people, tags and places.
* Show users tagged in photo
* Bookmark allows you to bookmark people (without having to follow them), locations, tags and individual photos or videos (without having to like them). (Pro)
* Get notification when new feed is available and/or when there is new followers/likes/comments/mentions. (Pro)
* View latest following/news just like on your phone (Pro)
Note: An Instagram account is required to use this app.
Any feedback and suggestion please email email@example.com.
Special thanks to Instagrammer @daylessday for allowing us to use his Instagram photos for app demo.
- Support questions in Story
- Better Gif support in DM
- Bug fixes and performance improvement
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t restore Pro purchase, no response from support.
I hate to rate this app so poorly, because when it works, it’s fantastic. But since purchasing the Pro version a few months ago, I’ve had to replace my MacBook. When I reinstalled the app and attempted to restore my Pro purchase, iTunes asks for my password and then absolutely nothing happens. The window for “purchase Pro version” is still up asking if I want to restore or buy it for $9.99. I even tried buying it again just to see what happened, and it gave me an error stating that it couldn’t be done at this time.
I emailed support weeks ago and have gotten absolutely NO response at all. Very disappointed. I’m pretty sure I can’t get my $9.99 back, but I’m going to try.
I give Grids 5 stars for being the BEST app on Earth.
For those who find Viewing ANYTHING, especially Instagram, rather irritating when done on a phone, THIS is the answer. Does it have Flaws? Yup! I upgraded to the Pro Version on my iMac making it a $20 app……and now my iMac Airis bugging me every 7 seconds to upgrade there, too. While I adore Grids, and DID give it 5 stars, I can’t justify making it a $40. app…..and I’ve now written to “Support" 5 times and never get a Response. That’s disheartening. Grids is the Best thing going for Mac users…..I wish they’d post more on Instagram……If anyone here knows how I can Upgrade my “Air” to Pro without spending yet another ten bucks, I’d appreciate it. :)
Recent problems -UPDATE
This is an update to my June 2018 review and the developers 😊 have since fixed all the problems I mentioned. Yay! Because I love this app and it’s my preferred way of accessing Instagram.
As I wrote earlier, this is an attractive & organized way of dealing with Instagram on my iMac. In fact, I prefer Instagram on iMac using Grids compared to any other device. Uploading images is super easy, editing, viewing others’ posts is better —especailly full-screen.
My new wish is to be able to post to Instagram/Grids using the Share button in Finder/Preview as can be done for Twitter, Flickr, etc.
- ThinkTime Creations LLC
- 20.3 MB
- Social Networking
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 ThinkTime Creations.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.