A free proximity-based social network connecting & supporting people grieving or who have grieved with the objective of creating a global community of Grief Angels that can be there for each other during one of live's most difficult time.
Subscribers to the app are known as "Grief Angels" that know that the people they may be helping now or in the future may be themselves, their families or friends.
The app was developed by the team of volunteers and supporters from the non-profit www.MyGriefAngels.org. A development team who have all grieved themselves,and included features on this app that they searched for, but could not find.
Grief is different for each of us, so the app aimed at including what our development team of volunteers saw as the most commonly used resources and needs; including:
1. Proximity-based Feature - Enables you, if you wish, to see and connect with other "Grief Angels" Grieving, or who have grieved near you.
2. Grief Chat Feature - To Chat with other "Grief Angels" grieving or who have grieved near you.
3. Grief Wall - To posts messages to other "Grief Angels" near or far.
4. Grief Meetup - An opportunity to join the group's Grief Meetup and organize your own local grief meetup event. Whether a Coffee/Tea or walking or biking event, what best fit you.
5. Calm Sounds - If you need them, a selection of Calming sounds to help you in your journey.
6. Grief Health - A list and links to some of the latest research, studies and news on the impact Grief can have on our health.
7. Grief Attacks - A section of shared grief coping stories, and strategies on how some of us are or have coped with our own Grief Attacks.
8. Directory - A Directory of Grief Support Resources and Organizations listed by Type of Loss Experienced where you may be able to find additional support, educational resources, mental health professionals and grief counselors.
9. Grief Motion - For many Motion and keeping active has been key to their Grief Recovery, and in this section we list some of the activities many of our members found helpful in trying to stay in motion. From local community groups, to free online education, to volunteer opportunities to exercise and outdoor activities.
10. Grief Videos - A list of what our development team found to be some of the best Grief Meditation and Grief Education Videos on You Tube.
11. Calm Pixs - A collection of pictures with a calming quality by our group's volunteer photographer.
12. Twitter - The Twitter feed of www.Twitter.com/MyGriefAngels highlighting People Grieving worldwide that are turning their Grief into something positive to help others in their communities locally or worldwide.
13. Grief Books - List of Grief Books, and highlighting the recent Grief Book: "Good From Grief: How to Turn Unimaginable Grief into Something Positive in 288 Uplifting Twitter-Sized Life Stories"
14. GreatNonProfits' 2013 & 2014 Top Rated NonProfit - If you can now or in the future, an opportunity to support the efforts of the app's non-profit developer, the 501(c)(3) Public Charity www.MyGriefAngels.org
15. Registration - A link to the short App Registration form where your short answer to a couple of questions will help us to help you connect with other Grief Angels locally and/or experiencing your type of loss.
Welcome, and please help us to get the word out on this app to your friends, your facebook and twitter connections.
user interface updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best online Grieg support resources
This app has hands down best collection of “real” grief support resources and someone wrote a review here about a network - but they need to realize the app lets us create our own support network with friends and families
This is not one of the many online chats groups where we all talk about our grief, but a directory of well organized education, information and shared stories how many of us are “actually” getting thru our own grief
Holidays are never easy when dealing with grief, and this free app has a lot of useful info and tools
There is no network. Most of it is dead. No help
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.