Ratings and Reviews
This was one of my favorite games back in the 90’s, so I had to buy the remastered version. It’s still gorgeous, the dialogue is still amusing, the story is still fantastic, and the game is still fun. There are points here or there where one might hope for a bit more resolution or less dithering, but I just chalk it up to retro-ness. I think the focus on Olivia as she recites the Grim Fandango poem in the Blue Casket is new — I don’t remember the camera panning around her Eurovision-style in the original. Another bonus: there’s no need to swap CD’s like back in the old days :)
Happy to see it is back!
My sons and I played this extensively in the 90s. They will still recite lines from it. I was glad to see it offered as a remastered version for Mac. Besides all the positive comments below about the story line, cleverness, charm of the characters, and artwork, do not miss the music. It is a real soundtrack—composed and performed by actual real, live, talented musicians—not all electronic—and I actually own the soundtrack as well. Overture and everything—pay attention to it as you play—it makes the enjoyment of this enchanting game even better.
Better than the original!
Back in the 1998 I reviewed Grim Fandango for the PC as a staff writer from the Miami Herald. I had a video game weekly review, (the only one at the time in newspapers) that I have high marks for it’s use of colors, dialogue, setting and just a game that you had to invest sometime into. Well worth it then and now! This game at the time used 2 CDs that you had to swap back and forth. I also interviewed the creators from LucasArts and also visited ILM and Skywalker Ranch. Bravo I hope more classic games from the 90s makes it to the mac real soon.
- Double Fine Productions, Inc.
- 4.2 GB
OS X 10.7 or later
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Grim Fandango © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. Todos os direitos reservados. Double Fine Productions e o logotipo Double Fine são marcas registradas exclusivas da Double Fine Productions, Inc. Todos os direitos
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.