Grim Tides - Old School RPG 12+
- Offers In-App Purchases
Grim Tides is a classic turn-based, dungeon crawling RPG with optional roguelike elements. It puts a lot of emphasis on atmosphere and immersion, using hand-drawn artwork, vibrant musical score, and lots of written text to draw you into its vivid and detailed fantasy world. Because of its attention to world-building and abundance of lore, Grim Tides is often compared to a tabletop Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) campaign, or even a choose your own adventure book.
Grim Tides has no multiple currencies, limiting timers, overpriced cosmetics, content locked behind endless microtransactions, or other modern monetization schemes. Just a one-time purchase for the full game, and completely optional donation packs for those who wish to support the game and its development.
*** FEATURES ***
- immerse in a rich fantasy world with its own history and lore
- defeat enemies and fight boss battles in a classic turn-based combat system
- customize your character with many unique spells, as well as active and passive skills
- select one of 7 character backgrounds and personalize your character with 50+ special perks that each affect gameplay in their own way
- experience the game world through a variety of interactive, text-based events
- manage your own ship and crew as you explore a wild tropical archipelago
- acquire weapons, armors, acessories, consumable items, crafting ingredients and more
- complete quests, collect bounties and find scattered pieces of lore
- relax or add suspense with 4 difficulty levels, optional permadeath and other adjustable settings
* A standalone prequel to Grim Quest - Old School RPG, set in the same world, several centuries in the past.
** Try the first chapter of the game for free before deciding to unlock all content with a one-time purchase. No ads, no additional content locked behind IAPs, no nagging microtransactions.
- reduced overall dungeon size to reduce grinding on higher levels
- minor bug fixes
- added 2 alternative Farhaven artworks
- minor bug fixes & typo corrections
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent storytelling and strategy
If you are looking for a game with a combination of good story and strategic thinking, then Grim Tides is for you. There are multiple classes, stars, abilities, and items that influence your style of play, so the game is very much replayable. Admittedly I have only tried a mage build thus far and do not how to use physical attacker builds yet.
The game has no ads and lets you play the first 15 levels of the first dungeon for free. In my opinion, the value you get for paying for the full game afterwards is totally worth it.
I have suggestion to the developer: events that give permanent stat modifications have the word “permanent” in parentheses while events that give temporary modifications do not have the word “temporary”. With consumable items, the temporary status is implied but with events it is not. I think adding this hint could add some clarification.
I was also struck by the Mua-Ta runes storing memories of that culture that can be relived via touching the tunes. I think a cool idea would be to add extra gameplay where the user could be transported back in time to control the Mua-Ta and relive their fights. Kind of like a side quest to the story line. As an incentive, these battles could offer a higher item drop rate.
Nice RPG to waist some time
This game is easy to understand and enjoyable. The lore is intriguing without being overwhelming, you can outright skip the lore if you want to but it’s normally only a paragraph or two at a time. I play as a spell-caster and you can get really creative with the spell combinations, you can prioritize DPS or focus on buffs and debuffs. I appreciate getting to play the whole first chapter for free but it’s definitely worth buying the full edition. The only thing I would like is to learn more spells at a time. Right now I can only learn 3 spells at a time. I’m still a relatively low Lvl and maybe in the future I will be able to learn more at a time but if not it kinda stinks that I have to spend gold to forget a spell and then spend more gold to learn another without knowing if I will like that combo or not. All in all a really fun game and a good way to spend some extra time.
I love this game but I wish it had guns like grim quest. That is my one complaint. The difficulty scaling is perfect, the lore is interesting, and there is one or 2 funny Easter eggs. The story really conveys the message that up until you get the warden sigil removed you aren’t really in charge, that you are just a tool being used by someone else to achieve their goal. While it is impossible to make a perfect game this is pretty dam close. The full game isn’t free but the free section gives you everything you need to know about the gameplay. If I could rate over 5 stars I would.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Monomyth d.o.o.
- 143.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2023 Monomyth d.o.o
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full Game $4.99
- Thanks! (Warrior Item Pack) $14.99
- Thanks! (Rogue Item Pack) $14.99
- Thanks! (Mage Item Pack) $14.99
- THANKS! (Manifestation Device) $29.99
- Thanks! (Barbarian Item Pack) $14.99
- Thanks! (Cleric Item Pack) $14.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.