• Grip 411 Equipment and Crew Directory is the PREMIERE MOTION PICTURE INDUSTRY EQUIPMENT and CREW DIRECTORY and REFERENCE GUIDE.
• Detailed line drawings, photographs, and specifications give film-makers specific information on much of the FILM MAKING EQUIPMENT used everyday on every kind of production.
• Items such as Dollies, Cranes, Camera Cars, Platforms, Truss and much more are extensively covered.
• Clearly, a handy tool for Key Grips and the entire Grip Dept. but also for D.P.’s, Directors, Producers, Production Coordinators, Production Managers, Production Designers, and Construction Coordinators.
• Thanks to the intuitive functionality and uncomplicated layout, searching equipment by COMPANIES or CATEGORIES and searching CREW are both accomplished quickly.
• The extensive Crew section includes U.S. as well as International Grips.
ALL grips on the planet are invited to be listed in the Crew section!
Send the following information to: email@example.com
Include if you have a S, M, or L Grip package, Rigging package, or Dolly Grip package.
This directory is a reference guide. No endorsement or quality judgement is implied.
Grip 411 bases the data included on manufacture’s specs, information from owners, and exhaustive research.
Grip 411™ is a trademark of Rick Davis © 2000
All rights reserved.
The material and data contained herein may not be reproduced in any form without prior written authorization from Grip 411.
All questions, comments, and ideas are greatly appreciated and will be responded to promptly through e-mail.
Enjoy, work safe, and have fun.
Updated and Additional Products, Crew, Categories, and Vendors.
Ratings and Reviews
No one else has done this yet – an awesome resource for crane specs and such. It makes my DP think I’m smarter than I am.
As a production manager I find this app very useful. I've been using the printed book for years and am thrilled they've turned it into an app that I can easily access on my phone. A couple pluses about the app: you can call companies right from the app, there is a grip crew section that wasn't in the book. I look forward to lots of updates too. Very useful. Good addition to my everyday tools.
I remember when the printed version of the Grip 411 came out so many years ago. Holding it in your hand and flipping thru the pages and being able to see a few pictures of gear and have a few phone numbers seemed pretty cool. Cut to present day with computers and smartphones. This is nothing but the book built into an app and by today's standards falls 1000 miles short of what key grips of today need at their disposal.
There is so much missing that makes me believe if a vendor did not pay a fee they were excluded. I have put more info than this on my phone and in my Dropbox and Airsharing folders. Either make vast improvements with updates
( you should not have released this app if it was not ready) or die on the vine like so many other apps. ***
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- rick davis
- 203.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2000 Rick Davis
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.