GRō makes it easier to Organize, Plan, and Track your small group differentiated instruction, lesson plans, student anecdotal notes, and assessment data.
Small groups/differentiated instruction is an extremely effective method of teaching that benefits both teachers and students. Designed by educators for educators, GRō was created to help you put time back in your day by making guided reading and other differentiated instruction easier and more efficient. No longer will you need to continually update paperwork and track groups, notes, and assessment data in multiple binders.
Whether you are a classroom teacher or a specialist, you can now organize multiple classes and groups, create and implement lesson plans, and track student data and class assessments – all in one place!
*"What a wonderful app! This app allows me to keep all me lesson plans, notes, and groups in one organized place. I'm able to add or edit lessons within a few minutes. So much information at my fingertips! Thank you!!" - iteachLA
*"I love this app!!!! I use it DAILY and recommend it to everyone! I work at a data driven school and this app is an amazing way to track all sorts of data for reading, writing, & math. I use it to track reading levels, writing levels, fluency, math facts, etc." - Maria Villagomez
*"Great app for tracking lesson plans and assessments. It saves me a ton of time. Being able to generate reports and send lesson plans is really convenient also." - Winterdaisy
Integrate GRō into your existing guided reading and differentiated group instruction routine (for any subject):
• Create classes & groups to organize students.
• Use our default subjects or create new custom subjects to teach.
• Use the calendar to schedule and add calendar notes to keep organized and on track.
• Use the provided general lesson plans and guided reading templates. Duplicate and customize lesson plans so you only have to write them once. Send copies of your lesson plans to other teachers.
• Track whole class or individual student assessments. Score each assessment with a variety of customized scales including numeric, alphabetic, and reading level type. View student progression with graphed results.
• Group assessments together to track individual student progress on related assessments such as running records.
• Track your students progress in each subject on their profile page. Use the student profile page for parent-teacher conferences.
• Generate, export, and email a report (pdf) on any student in your classroom.
• Create groups to organize students. Groups are fully customizable with unique names, colors, and images. Update groups and students as often as needed. Take notes on each student group to track progress, keep notes from lesson plans, or plan for future lessons and goals.
• Send or share a student with other teachers.
Keep your students work without storing piles of paper:
• Take anecdotal notes (written, audio and image) on each student.
• Use the audio notes feature to record things like students reading their fluency passages. Play it back so students can hear themselves and you can discuss things they can improve on. It's also a great tool to allow parents to hear how the student reads in the classroom and progression made over the school year.
• Use the photo attachments for attaching things like reading passages, student writings, or any other image based content for any subject you are teaching.
To learn more about the full set of GRō's classroom organizer features please check out our video tutorial series found on our support page: https://www.gro-app.com/support/
Supported Reading Leveling Systems:
• Fountas & Pinnell
• Reading Recovery
• UK National Curriculum
• UK National Curriculum Colors
• Accelerated Reader
• Rigby PM
• PM Benchmark
• Color Wheel
• Oxford Reading Tree
Terms of Service: http://www.gro-app.com/terms-of-use/
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but needs some improvement
I love being able to group my students on an app but I think the app needs some improvement. First, I wish it would automatically alphabetize student names in order, either by first name or last name. Being able to group them myself is fine, but I also wish there was an option for automatic grouping by reading level or by the “red, yellow, green” system. I’m looking forward to any improvements the developers might add.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your input and purchase. GRō is designed based off teacher feedback so we always appreciate this type of input. Our goal is to continue to build exactly what teachers want.
Just a little background: we observed many teachers just like to just enter a student’s first name, so we opted to make a student’s 'Last Name' an optional choice. We also found that teachers we worked with wanted the ability to customize the order in any way they see fit. We noted a common theme was to have students who needed extra support listed at the top of the class.
To accommodate this, we added the ability to drag and drop any student within a class so the ordering can be customized in any manner needed. For this just hold a finger on a student’s name within the class view and drag. We also have a video tutorial series on GRō features found here:
I think having an option to alphabetize ordering is a valid point on your part also. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss your insights and requests further.
Thank you for using GRō.
So upset with the changes
I bought this app about a year and a half ago for $9.99. Once downloaded, I saw it really wasn’t worth the $10. The only thing it will track and graph is the student’s reading level. I kept using it anyway and I used the notes feature to track student’s fluency, accuracy rate, and comprehension scores from their running records. But it would be nice to be able to graph all those features. The notes and graph were useful for when I wanted to look at one specific student’s data over a period of time to decide whether a student needed to proceed in more intensive intervention. Now I’m opening the new app after receiving an email about the update. One of my groups is missing, and now I have to click separate tabs to see information about the student, instead of all on one page like before. The new graph style is much more difficult to see and read, and no longer shows the class average for comparison. And on top of all that, you’re telling me I will now have to pay $30 a year for this poorer version of an app I already feel I overpaid for? No thank you, good bye!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment and we certainly appreciate your concerns. All of your comments are valid, but we would like to make you aware of a few important points:
- The updated version of the app will track any data that you would like, including fluency, accuracy rate, and comprehension scores as you mentioned. This is actually one of the main reasons for the update. If you'd like more information about how this works, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we'd be more than happy to show you as we are very excited about this feature.
- With regards to your group missing, there is a small bug affecting a few accounts that prevents some data from showing up. It will take us 1 min to fix for you, but we need to know your account information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to take care of that for you right away.
- We apologize that the new layout is not as effective for you as before. There were a variety of reasons for changing the layout. Most of these were to enable us to continue to offer more features that require more efficient use of the space.
- With the graph, we are working to add the class average back in because many users value this data. Instead of delaying until everything was perfect, we wanted to get the revised app into users' hands as fast as possible. Keep an eye out as this feature will be back in soon.
- As for costs, your account won't be charged anything beyond your initial purchase price without your confirmation. Please reach out to us and we'll be happy to discuss this with you.
Thanks again for voicing your concerns. Your feedback lets us know what's important and what we can do to make the app work best for you.
Great app to organize groups and notes
I just bought this app today and I am so excited to use for my groups. I have struggled to find a way to organize reading groups that works best for me. I want the ease of taking notes about students right on the lesson plan but also the convenience of having all notes about one student on one page so I don’t have to flip around for grading and conference purposes. This app is the perfect solution for that. I also love the assessment feature that utilizes a graph to track progress across time. I am looking forward to being able to print this information to share with families or to be able to use during Data team meetings. It will easily allow me to show students progress or areas of concerns. The customer service is great as well. They are quick to answer questions.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Richard Moloney
- 39.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Richard Moloney
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.