Grocery is the smartest and fastest grocery shopping app. Keep your list sorted while you shop with your Apple Watch. Easily add items from Siri and Recipes.
** MacStores Must-Have iOS Apps - 2018 **
"Extra navigational steps, like remembering where you are in a list or backtracking through a store because of the order on paper, can really push a person over the edge if going to the store is their current 'Impossible Task'. They might opt for leaving with only half of their items, or just not go at all…which can project this task into the future, always a little unfinished or uncertain. Grocery reduces steps needed in the moment, and provides that little bit of joy every time an item is checked off the list in the UI. Knowing that I just made the future better, by going to the store and checking things off the list and improving the sorting algorithm! This is actually a huge relief: reduced doomsday feelings because I know that future store runs are going to be even easier/better because of what I did today (yay positive agency)!" - Amelia W.
- Key Features -
• Share your lists with partners and add items to your list on iCloud!
• Grocery keeps your list in Reminders so sharing a list is as simple as sharing your calendar.
• Checking items off your list on Apple Watch is lightning fast.
• Create Recipes in Grocery for quickly adding ingredients to your shopping list, and a cooking experience optimized for mobile.
• Always know what items are in your pantry and when they expire with Inventory Tracking!
- Reminders -
• Add items to your list on Mac or iCloud Reminder's apps
• Share your list by sharing a Reminder's list with others
- Siri -
• Tell Siri: "Add Eggs to my Grocery list"
• Create Siri Shortcuts to quickly add groups of items
- Lightning Fast -
• Custom auto-complete with your list items and notes
• Tap the up arrow to continue adding more items
- Sorting -
• Grocery learns every time you shop
• Keeps track of the order you mark off items to sort your list next time
- Multiple Stores -
• Add a Store for every place that you shop
• Associate lists with stores based on how you want to shop at multiple locations
• Assign geofences that change the selected store wherever you go
- Recipes -
• Recipe files are stored in iCloud Drive and sync between all your devices
• Innovative Markdown Recipe format optimized for cooking on mobile phones
• Automatically detects timers in recipe steps
- CleanUp -
• “12 oz of Chocolate Chips” becomes “Chocolate Chips: 12 oz”
• Detect multiple or duplicated items
- CoreML -
• CleanUp can use a custom CoreML model to recognize item titles and notes
- Backup & Data -
• Your list is always stored in Reminders for easy backup or access outside of Grocery
• Grocery will never modify your other Reminders lists
- Quick Add -
• Quick Add uses your shopping history to suggest items you frequently shop for.
• It's great for adding frequently shopped for items to your grocery list.
- iPad -
• Grocery supports split view for Recipes, so cooking on your iPad works better than ever
• iCloud syncing makes creating a shopping list on your iPad super easy
• iCloud helps keep your list in the same order across your devices, and lets you plan a meal on one device and cook on another
• Keep track of all the items in your pantry
• Automatic expiration and replenishment settings
Grocery Premium is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your Account will be charged the same price for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription’s one-year period. Your subscription renews automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions or cancel auto-renewal at any time on your Account Settings in the App Store.
** Grocery 2.2.1 includes several bug fixes based on user feedback! **
- Fixed issues adding items on iOS and watchOS
- No longer repeats item titles due to capitalization issues
- Fixed issues adding recipes on iOS
** New App Icons! This version of Grocery includes many new app icons to choose from! Check them out and let us know what you think. **
** Grocery 2.2.1 introduces expiration notifications for inventory tracking items. **
Grocery 2.2.0 adds support for iOS 13 alongside a new premium feature called Inventory Tracking!
- Dark Mode: Set which Grocery themes you want to use in Light and Dark appearance
- Context Menus
- Multiple Windows on iPad
- New Modal Card Navigation
- Track the in stock status of items
- Automatic expiration settings
- Automatic replenishment of expired items
- Inventory status syncs with iCloud
- View items from your last shopping trip
- View most frequently shopped for items
- View the last time you purchased an item
- View which stores you've purchased an item at
- Set the default list for an item
These improvements make using Grocery on iOS 13 a whole lot nicer and help keep track of what’s in your pantry.
Thank you for using Grocery! If you enjoy the app, please tell a friend or leave a review.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is fantastic at what it does and I especially appreciate that it uses Reminders as the back-end data store. This makes sharing easy. Many of the reviews here which are complaining about items, lists, and stores are from not learning how to use the app. For me, what works is I have a Grocery list and a Hardware Store list. The Grocery list has two stores (the two nearest locations of H-E-B are what I use). When I shop, I select the store in the app that corresponds to the store location I’m at and voila! The grocery items are sorted in the order I typically go through the store. Obviously, this works best when you tend to go through a store location the same way each time. Likewise, my hardware store list has a Blue store and and Orange store each corresponding to the hardware store chains bearing the respective titular colors.
Cannot make separate list for separate stores
I have to agree with a May 7 reviewer that, for me, success means I can make separate lists for different stores. I list an item & it appears on the list for each of the grocery stores on the store list. My primary store doesn’t carry an item on my list. Another store has a sale with BOGO items I want to buy. Several factors account for shopping at multiple stores for items on my lists. If I cannot make my grocery list specific for a certain store, then I must make a note which store beside which item? Not practical for me. In trying to figure this out, I became quite confused with the headings ‘store’ & ‘lists’, especially when tapping the header store/lists brought up a couple of the stores. I am pretty smart with a good thought process, so tapping the store & then the list would bring up the store & the list for that store. Your app is neat, nice looking, & convenient for many, but for me it isn’t doing the job unless I am somehow not seeing something staring me right in the face. Thank You. Jp
Developer Response ,
As you use the app, it will learn which items you check off at each store. The items that you never purchase at that store will appear at the bottom of the list under an “unsorted” section. When you switch stores, they will switch around as needed.
If you’d rather have completely separate lists, use the Lists feature instead of Stores.
Hope that helps!
I love this app. I particularly loved the ability to add notes to each item, which I found useful for documenting prices of items. I thought it might be a really useful tool for remembering and comparing prices between one store and another. However, the problem with that idea was the app doesn’t remember the notes I take. So, if I had a suggestion it would be to remember the notes I take about items, and to sort that memory by whichever store I have selected. That one detail would really make this app worth $2 or $3 for me.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the suggestion! We're thinking about adding some pricing features in a future update — we'll take your idea into consideration.
- Conrad Stoll
- 57.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Conrad Stoll
- In-App Purchases
- Leave a Tip to Remove Ads and Support Future Development $2.99
- Grocery Premium $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.