Groovebox - Beat Synth Studio 4+
Make Music & Play Instruments
- Offers In-App Purchases
Horizon is the new ambient polyphonic synth for Groovebox. With lush pads, dreamy melodies and analogue organs, Horizon is the soundtrack to your dreams.
If you love making electronic music, you’ll love Groovebox. Enter an inspiring world of music production on your iPhone & iPad.
Groovebox is a free, beautifully designed music studio app packed with inspiring synths and drum machines. In minutes you’ll be making beats, melodies, and playing with world-class instruments. Expand your own collection with more sounds and instruments available in the store. From the creators of Launchpad, Groovebox helps you produce music on iPhone & iPad.
• A BEATS & SYNTH MUSIC STUDIO
Play with touchable instruments to quickly create your own beats and melodies, or draw in notes. Need inspiration? Groovebox has hundreds of patterns and sounds to get you started. Four powerful synthesisers, designed in partnership with Novation, deliver deep retro basslines and analogue harmonic melodies. The modern drum machine, with expanding drumkit library, will turn Groovebox into your go-to beat production studio.
• SYNTHS DESIGNED WITH NOVATION
Designed in partnership with Novation, legendary synth pioneers, Groovebox packs a world-class sound. Each instrument uses a new powerful synth engine capable of recreating classic warm analogue sounds and rich modern harmonics.
• EASY TO START, DEEP ENOUGH TO MASTER
Groovebox is designed to kick-start ideas, but it has serious features for artists and producers too. The advanced synth parameters* let you sculpt your own sounds. Automate the parameters over time to create a vibrant dynamics. Control your sound with the multi-channel mixer (iPad only), note sequencer, key and scale modes. Build your arrangements into songs with sections. Export your sounds easily to a laptop for further production. Sync to other apps or a laptop with Ableton Link. Connect using Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and even Export to Ableton Live seamlessly.
• Discover and build ideas - Quickly explore sounds with hundreds of melody and rhythm patterns
• Play touchable instruments - Create your own melodies and beats
• Five powerful instruments - Drumbox, Horizon, MiniMon, RetroBass and Poly-8
• Build beats - Play drum pads or keys, sequence notes or use patterns
• Arrange your tracks - Simple song-building using sections
• Create dynamic changes - Record synth parameters as automation
• Sound innovation - Instruments developed in partnership with synth pioneers Novation
• Expand your sounds - Regular, fresh-content drumpacks, presets and patterns*
• Production-ready sounds - Crafted by world-class sound designers and artists
• Extendable Instruments - Expose more tweakable synth controls
• Sequence your music - Draw notes and build patterns instead of playing them
• Stay in time and key - Choose from any tempo, key or musical scale
• Share your music - Easily create a mix of your music to share with others
*Requires In-App Purchase
• Jam with others - Audiobus, Inter-App Audio, Ableton Link and Ableton Export
• Swing - Instantly add swing to your session.
• Ableton Export - Easily send your project to Ableton Live
• Full scale support - All keys and major, minor and modes supported
• Project management - Rename, duplicate and delete
• iPad Pro support - Optimised to use the entire iPad Pro screen
• Send your ideas to a laptop - Batch export your pads as a .zip file, or use Ableton Export
• Bluetooth speaker supported
This version fixes a bug where pre-installed soundpacks and user presets were moved to the 'Store' section of the soundpacks list.
If you enjoy using Groovebox, we'd really appreciate a review on the App Store. If you find bugs or have any comments, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m now in love with this
The synths sound great, the drums sound great, I’m getting awesome, warm and punchy mixes with this right in the app. The only things I’d ask for at this point is a dedicated export to Launchpad for easily transitioning into a performance space so as to perform the sections into a song and add the wonderful Launchpad effects. And more machines please!
Also, and this should be very simple and helpful, it would be great if mutes were active/inactive PER section rather than globally. I always get confused duplicating a section and then wanting to mute a track just for that section only to realize that I can’t and have to then mute/unmute just to decide which pattern(s) to delete for that section. Then of course if I change my mind, the pattern is gone, so now I have to go to another section and copy/paste the original back in. It makes the arrangement process far more tedious than need be. Mutes per section would solve all of this. Thanks for the great app and I hope to see another machine soon! Maybe something dedicated to big, textured sounds for pads and morphing leads.
Love it, but it’s missing one thing
Even though I really feel like developers don’t really read these or care much about what their customers want I’ll still leave my two cents….. Groovebox is one of my favorite IPad apps hands down , partly because of its ability to export projects to Ableton and partly or mostly because of its sounds. I love all the synths and definitely recommend unlocking them. The available iap presets are great and very affordable. The mixer is barebones, no panning or eq, compression or anything but it’s ok because I really don’t mix in Groovebox. I love the sounds but one things missing.
Bread and butter sounds, like pianos, organs, acoustic guitars, strings, etc. I think it would be amazing if there were a couple more instruments available, a pcm instrument with Gm sounds and a sampler, a good sampler with slicing capabilities. Not limiting it to 8 tracks would be nice too. 16 tracks would be more than enough for me. I hope the developers read this but if not, it’s all good, this is still a great app.
Developer Response ,
Hey Strizbiz, it's been a while but just thought we'd let you know that we've implemented saving presets this in the latest update and we'd love to hear your feedback! Thanks //Will
Thanks for the Fun App!!
Thanks for adding the new synth ! Since the beginning GB had allot of yet unrealized potential, serving more as a fun and engaging introduction for users to the play around with the basics of EDM. Now (thankfully) the developers seem to have decided what direction they would take GB in, moving toward making it a “real”instrument (not a toy, they have begun releasing new synths and offering more varied content! IMO, GB is now showing signs of what it could be: A very easy to use, yet powerful instrument for IOS.
With continued developer support and refinement, and an ear for user feedback, Gb could realize its potential, achieving enough real depth and versatility to be fully integrated into any producers workflow!
Really great way to get an idea down when on the go! Works well with Novations other apps Launchpad and Bloc Waves - you can really do allot with this thing! Hours of fun with a simple interface - Potentially GB could be a serious music maker in it's own right for the iOS -Keep up the good stuff, steady new content and excellent support!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd.
- 46.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Dirty 909 $0.00
- Drum Booster $1.99
- Ambient Hip Hop $0.00
- Golden Era Bass $0.99
- Trap Bass $0.00
- Sequential Arps $0.00
- Hypnotic Bass $0.00
- Neuro Leads $0.99
- Composed Melodics $0.99
- Hip Hop Orbit $0.00