If you love making electronic music, you’ll love Groovebox. Enter an inspiring world of music production on your iPhone & iPad.
Groovebox is a free, beautifully designed music studio app packed with inspiring synths and drum machines. In minutes you’ll be making beats, melodies, and playing with world-class instruments. Expand your own collection with more sounds and instruments available in the store. From the creators of Launchpad, Groovebox helps you produce music on iPhone & iPad.
• A BEATS & SYNTH MUSIC STUDIO
Play with touchable instruments to quickly create your own beats and melodies, or draw in notes. Need inspiration? Groovebox has hundreds of patterns and sounds to get you started. Two powerful synthesisers, designed in partnership with Novation, deliver deep retro basslines and analogue harmonic melodies. The modern drum machine, with expanding drumkit library, will turn Groovebox into your go-to beat production studio.
• SYNTHS DESIGNED WITH NOVATION
Designed in partnership with Novation, legendary synth pioneers, Groovebox packs a world-class sound. Each instrument uses a new powerful synth engine capable of recreating classic warm analogue sounds and rich modern harmonics.
• EASY TO START, DEEP ENOUGH TO MASTER
Groovebox is designed to kick-start ideas, but it has serious features for artists and producers too. The advanced synth parameters* let you sculpt your own sounds. Included iPad mixer, note sequencer, key and scale modes let you control your sound. Build your arrangements with sections. Export your sounds easily to a laptop to produce further. Sync to other apps or a laptop with Ableton Link. Connect using Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and even Export to Ableton Live seamlessly.
• Discover and build ideas - Quickly explore sounds with hundreds of melody and rhythm patterns
• Play touchable instruments - Create your own melodies and beats
• Four powerful instruments - Drumbox, MiniMon, RetroBass and Poly-8
• Build beats - Play drum pads or keys, sequence notes or use patterns
• Arrange your tracks - Simple song-building using sections
• Sound innovation - Synths developed in partnership with synth pioneers Novation
• Expand your sounds - Regular, fresh-content drumpacks, presets and patterns*
• Production-ready sounds - Crafted by world-class sound designers and artists
• Extendable Instruments - Expose more tweakable synth controls
• Sequence your music - Draw notes and build patterns instead of playing them
• Stay in time and key - Choose from any tempo, key or musical scale
• Share your music - Easily create a mix of your music to share with others
*Requires In-App Purchase
• Jam with others - Audiobus, Inter-App Audio, Ableton Link and Ableton Export
• Swing - Instantly add swing to your session.
• Ableton Export - Easily send your project to Ableton Live
• Full scale support - All keys and major, minor and modes supported
• Project management - Rename, duplicate and delete
• iPad Pro support - Optimised to use the entire iPad Pro screen
• Send your ideas to a laptop - Batch export your pads as a .zip file, or use Ableton Export
• Bluetooth speaker supported
Groovebox is compatible with iPad 4th Generation, iPad Air 1/2, iPad Pro 9.7/12.9, iPad Mini 2/3/4, iPod Touch 6th Generation, iPhone X, iPhone 5/5C/5S, iPhone 6/6S, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus. Supports iOS 10 and iOS 11.
This version fixes a bug whereby some users were unable to load the app.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If you like Groovebox, we'd really appreciate a review on the App Store. If you find bugs or have any comments, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
First off, I’ve made some amazing beats on this app and I’ve even purchased a few of the sound packs but I have several complaints that are keeping this app from being nearly perfect.
Everything that has to do with the instruments is great and making unique sounds is easy but the thing that irritates me the most is the inability to produce different music and have them flow into each other.
The section option allows someone to create several different sounds on the same project but I can’t actually have them flow together meaning that I can’t create a beat drop, so I have to manually produce it by tapping on the section at the right time and I hate that. If I could combine sections together into one whole project, then export them and save them as a whole legit beat, this app would be my all-time favorite beat production app.
Being able to export music is one of my favorite options but it’s the same 2-4 bars that loop repeatedly and I want some variation and diversity. If the developers ever do create combined sections, this app would be 10x better!
Overall, download this app, get the drum packs and such. Everything is fantastic and although there are a lot of in-app purchases, TONS of beats can be made with what is given to you for free.
I’m now in love with this
The synths sound great, the drums sound great, I’m getting awesome, warm and punchy mixes with this right in the app. The only things I’d ask for at this point is a dedicated export to Launchpad for easily transitioning into a performance space so as to perform the sections into a song and add the wonderful Launchpad effects. And more machines please!
Also, and this should be very simple and helpful, it would be great if mutes were active/inactive PER section rather than globally. I always get confused duplicating a section and then wanting to mute a track just for that section only to realize that I can’t and have to then mute/unmute just to decide which pattern(s) to delete for that section. Then of course if I change my mind, the pattern is gone, so now I have to go to another section and copy/paste the original back in. It makes the arrangement process far more tedious than need be. Mutes per section would solve all of this. Thanks for the great app and I hope to see another machine soon! Maybe something dedicated to big, textured sounds for pads and morphing leads.
Great App But Very Limited
I downloaded this app cause I wanted to see what it did. It was actually very good! It was a combination of Loop Drum Pads 24, beats, Garageband and your other apps! I could create psytrance, synth-pop, trap, and retro waves, some of my favorite genres that I couldn't do on any other platform before. But, like your other apps, this is very limited... I am very disappointed due to the fact that you have to pay $2 to get a different pack of drums or bass or synths or leads... I know you want money but most people don’t have that kind of money. I suggest, to keep both you and other people happy, use the Drum Pads 24 system. You could charge people ”coins” to buy them... In order to get coins, you could buy them for a certain amount depending on how much you want, or you could watch an advertisement to get coins. Ads give people tons of money, so you'll have even more money than what you're doing right now! People won’t have to pay money to get a new pack and you'll be happy with the ads! But that’a just a suggestion... But I wanna do more on this. I don’t have money so it's very irritating... Hope you understand... Keep it up! :)
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd.
- 52.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Drum Booster Free
- Golden Era Bass Free
- Dirty 909 Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.