Spend less time studying and more time flying! This is the COMMERCIAL PILOT version of GroundSchool, our FAA knowledge (written) test preparation featuring up-to-date questions, free updates, and illustrated explanations written by a professional team of pilot examiners and instructors.
GroundSchool is fully compatible with FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) and our editorial team is working to keep it so as ACS continues to evolve.
Don't be fooled by imitators! Competing apps use only the limited set of questions that the FAA publicly releases via its website - that is not enough to adequately prepare you for your test! Our GroundSchool app, on the other hand, features a much more comprehensive database (typically about 2-4 times the size of the demo FAA public one) of actual and current FAA questions that you likely can and will be asked on the actual test! This along with our detailed, professional explanations and easy to use interface are major reasons why pilots have come to trust GroundSchool.
Study actual, up-to-date FAA questions and then ACE your FAA Commercial Pilot knowledge (written) test the easy way with GroundSchool FAA Knowledge Test Preparation software by Dauntless Aviation, the trusted leader in FAA written test preparation.
* Actual FAA Questions Current and Valid for Right Now. As soon as you install the software, use the 'update' feature and the software will connect to our servers, grab the latest questions, images, figures, and explanation content, and you'll be good to go.
* Detailed Explanations written by an experienced editorial team of examiner and instructor pilots.
* All Charts and Figures Included
* Several flexible study modes - fits the way you want to study!
* Compatible with all FAA "ground school" classroom-based courses
This Commercial Pilot version of GroundSchool will prepare you for any or all of the following tests:
* CAX - Commercial Pilot Airplane
* CGX - Commercial Pilot Helicopter
* CBG - Commercial Pilot Balloon - Gas
* CBH - Commercial Pilot Balloon - Hot Air
* CRG - Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft Gyroplane
* CRH - Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft Helicopter
* CPG - Commercial Pilot Glider
* MCA - Military Competence Airplane
* MCH Military Competence Helicopter**
* CLA - Commercial Pilot Lighter Than-Air (Airship)
* Canadian Commercial Pilot to USA FAA Conversion
With Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool, you don't need to worry:
* Our material is UP TO DATE. No matter what date is listed here in regarding the 'Release date', this date refers to the program itself only. Once you get the program on your device, use the built-in update feature and it will connect to our servers and download the latest and greatest version of the test prep content and our explanations that we have available. To learn more about this, please visit our website.
* Furthermore, you are welcome to update the material as often as you like. This means that even if you don't take your test soon, when do you, GroundSchool will be ready for you. Compare this to books or DVDs (which are going out of date from the moment they are printed).
* We pride ourselves on the quality of our explanations. This is not some idle boast - our explanations are more detailed and more illustrated than that of ANY other FAA knowledge test provider, period.
* Tens of thousands of people have used our products to prepare for their FAA knowledge tests. Ours is a system that works.
MILITARY CONVERSION PILOT? Yes! This software will prepare you for the MCA (Military Competence Airplane) and MCH (Military Competence Helicopter) written tests that you need to take and pass to convert your military flight experience into a corresponding US FAA Commercial Pilot (or other, as per the FAA) certificate.
Good luck on your test!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Thank you for making us the most trusted FAA Commercial Pilot Test prep! This significant update looks better and works faster than ever before to help you learn the material and pass that test! Our test prep content is fully FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) compatible, and contains up to date and regularly updated questions. As always, this app features the best and most illustrated explanations in the business. Save study sessions and share them between devices using our cloud features and share your study progress with your instructor or school through the cloud. When you get the app, make sure to immediately check for content updates using the 'updates check' main menu option to make sure you have the latest learning content. This app is 100% what you need to pass your FAA knowledge test.
Ratings and Reviews
“Actual FAA questions” Not 100% true
It’s a great software that I’ve used for both my Instrument and Commercial, but their quote of “Actual FAA questions” isn’t true. So if you’re looking to download and just memorize and not learn the content this isn’t the app, I would suggest you use the app to learn the concepts from each question because only 3 out of 100 questions on the test were on dauntless.
Scored a 92% on my commercial pilot glider test! Although about 70% of the questions were on the real test it is safe to say that this software is great for learning the knowledge! Even though I came across a few unfamiliar questions you can still work through them with what you have learned through the practice questions! One example of these minor differences were if a question was asked and the answers were to be in fahrenheit on the practice software, on the real test they asked for the answer in Celsius. So on the practice test the answer would be (more than 68 degrees F) and on the actual test the answer is (more than 20 degrees C) Little things like that! But all in all would definitely recommend for anyone looking to study for the commercial pilot glider test!
Are they providing the correct questions
I took my knowledge test today and got a 83 %. I walked into the testing center feeling fully prepared as I had been using this app to study for months. On the practice test I would consistently score in the 90% range. When I sat down and started the test I quickly realized I had never seen most of the questions. Out of the 100 questions on the test I went back through and counted there were 15 that were similar to what I had seen on this app. The other 85 questions were completely new to me. The only reason this isn’t a one star is I enjoy the dauntless interface and the way you can select different modes and question stacks. Some final thoughts for anyone reading this, I use Dauntless because the school I attend requires that we use it for a grade. I have had the vast majority of my professors and Flight Instructors tell me to use Sheppard Air if I want to do good.
The developer, Dauntless Software, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Dauntless Software
- 381.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © (c) Dauntless Aviation - www.dauntless-soft.com
- In-App Purchases
- Audio Review $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.