Spend less time studying and more time flying! This is the COMMERCIAL PILOT version of GroundSchool, our FAA knowledge (written) test preparation featuring up-to-date questions, free updates, and illustrated explanations written by a professional team of pilot examiners and instructors.
GroundSchool is fully compatible with FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) and our editorial team is working to keep it so as ACS continues to evolve.
Don't be fooled by imitators! Competing apps use only the limited set of questions that the FAA publicly releases via its website - that is not enough to adequately prepare you for your test! Our GroundSchool app, on the other hand, features a much more comprehensive database (typically about 2-4 times the size of the demo FAA public one) of actual and current FAA questions that you likely can and will be asked on the actual test! This along with our detailed, professional explanations and easy to use interface are major reasons why pilots have come to trust GroundSchool.
Study actual, up-to-date FAA questions and then ACE your FAA Commercial Pilot knowledge (written) test the easy way with GroundSchool FAA Knowledge Test Preparation software by Dauntless Aviation, the trusted leader in FAA written test preparation.
* Actual FAA Questions Current and Valid for Right Now. As soon as you install the software, use the 'update' feature and the software will connect to our servers, grab the latest questions, images, figures, and explanation content, and you'll be good to go.
* Detailed Explanations written by an experienced editorial team of examiner and instructor pilots.
* All Charts and Figures Included
* Several flexible study modes - fits the way you want to study!
* Compatible with all FAA "ground school" classroom-based courses
This Commercial Pilot version of GroundSchool will prepare you for any or all of the following tests:
* CAX - Commercial Pilot Airplane
* CGX - Commercial Pilot Helicopter
* CBG - Commercial Pilot Balloon - Gas
* CBH - Commercial Pilot Balloon - Hot Air
* CRG - Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft Gyroplane
* CRH - Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft Helicopter
* CPG - Commercial Pilot Glider
* MCA - Military Competence Airplane
* MCH Military Competence Helicopter**
* CLA - Commercial Pilot Lighter Than-Air (Airship)
* Canadian Commercial Pilot to USA FAA Conversion
With Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool, you don't need to worry:
* Our material is UP TO DATE. No matter what date is listed here in regarding the 'Release date', this date refers to the program itself only. Once you get the program on your device, use the built-in update feature and it will connect to our servers and download the latest and greatest version of the test prep content and our explanations that we have available. To learn more about this, please visit our website.
* Furthermore, you are welcome to update the material as often as you like. This means that even if you don't take your test soon, when do you, GroundSchool will be ready for you. Compare this to books or DVDs (which are going out of date from the moment they are printed).
* We pride ourselves on the quality of our explanations. This is not some idle boast - our explanations are more detailed and more illustrated than that of ANY other FAA knowledge test provider, period.
* Tens of thousands of people have used our products to prepare for their FAA knowledge tests. Ours is a system that works.
MILITARY CONVERSION PILOT? Yes! This software will prepare you for the MCA (Military Competence Airplane) and MCH (Military Competence Helicopter) written tests that you need to take and pass to convert your military flight experience into a corresponding US FAA Commercial Pilot (or other, as per the FAA) certificate.
Good luck on your test!
Thank you for making us the most trusted FAA Commercial Pilot Test prep! This significant update looks better and works faster than ever before to help you learn the material and pass that test! Our test prep content is fully FAA ACS (Airman Certification Standards) compatible, and contains up to date and regularly updated questions. As always, this app features the best and most illustrated explanations in the business. Save study sessions and share them between devices using our cloud features and share your study progress with your instructor or school through the cloud. When you get the app, make sure to immediately check for content updates using the 'updates check' main menu option to make sure you have the latest learning content. This app is 100% what you need to pass your FAA knowledge test.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve used this company for all my written’s and even outdated written’s I had to take again, I really like the layout and in the past the explanations were amazing it helping you understand why a certain answer was correct over the other options, however in the past couple years I’ve noticed less explanations and less visuals and references and more so just a simple FAA referance highlighted from the Aim or whatever source. Anyway that alone doesn’t deter me, I understand it’s hard to keep content up to date, I just think with the competition what’s being offered now is not worth the price. If a person uses this product to study expect to get about 7 percent lower score on your actual exam then you do on all your practice ones as the database seems to be about that old consistently
Keep it fresh!
I also feel bad about writing this but their questions database is very out of date (there are still 20+ questions on NDB’s and ADF’s with a disclaimer in the explanation...these have long since been eliminated from the test..) ... they claim to be updating their content but, while the content is correct, it only distantly resembles what you see on the test.
They do explain things well &, since I understood the material, I would up with a good score on the test...there just was a lot of crap to wade thru to get to the stuff I needed to know.
The only way I prepare for tests, or let my students take them
I’ve used Dauntless apps to prepare for every FAA written test I’ve taken, and my lowest score is 90%.
Two features that are absolutely worth mentioning are the ability to share test results with an instructor, which allows a student to prepare on their own tim. An instructor can track preparation and even provide a remote sign-off (by scanning the endorsement and emailing it).
The second feature is that the app gets free updates for life. I began in aviation as a glider pilot, and used the app to pass my glider test. When I decided to fly airplanes, I updated the app and its question bank, and studied for another test at no charge. If you will be taking lots of knowledge tests, the free updates will save you a bundle.
Don’t use this app to memorize test questions. The FAA no longer publishes test questions, so no app will have a question bank to simply memorize. Go through the question bank, READ all of the excellent explanations, and you’ll be prepared for whatever the FAA puts on your test.
- Dauntless Software
- 380.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) Dauntless Aviation - www.dauntless-soft.com
- In-App Purchases
- Audio Review $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.