Join GrowIt! the planting community.
On GrowIt! you can connect with people to have your plants identified and your questions answered, while finding inspiration for your next project.
>> Have your plant and garden questions answered.
• Figure out why your fiddle leaf fig is turning yellow.
• Identify all of those mystery plants you’ve been seeing.
• See what’s been eating your tomatoes.
• Learn how to properly prepare your soil.
>> Access detailed plant information.
• Find great information on how to care for all of those houseplants that have taken over your apartment.
• Discover what it takes to grow the biggest vegetables in your community garden.
• Learn what flowers you should be planting, and which ones you should be avoiding.
• Sort with the filter feature to find plants based on where you’re planting.
• Use our Garden Shops feature to find a quality place to buy plants near you.
>> Connect with local plant friends around you.
• Depending on where you live, plants tend to grow differently.
• Use GrowIt! to see what the community around you is growing.
• Comment on your favorite plants and get advice from local Plant Masters.
>> Find the inspiration you’ve been looking for.
• Browse through projects to find the ultimate theme for greening up your apartment.
• Explore options for building a raised bed
• Search through hundreds of thousands of photos and member profiles and follow your favorite GrowIt! influencers.
• Add your own project to track your progress and show off your green thumb!
• Visit our botanical garden partners to experience their gardens from a brand new perspective.
What are you waiting for? Let’s GrowIt!
Thanks for being a part of the GrowIt! Community. We appreciate your feedback. This version includes numerous improvements to the GrowIt! experience.
Push notifications for answers to your Questions or comments on your plant are now working correctly and will no longer take over the app and send you to different places!
Activity – Following and You improvements
Numerous crashes resolved so that you can Add Plants, Ask Questions and view plants without bugs!
We’ve made your Gro*ward Vine Dormant while we work on improvements. You’ll still receive Gro*ward credit for your activities.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing App With Just A Few Issues
I love Growit!, and would recommend it to anyone who wants a gardening app. The format is great and encourages community engagement and I love the Plant Master program! It’s a fun app to use and you can earn free plants and other stuff through participation. The only reason I can’t give it 5 stars is because it is still a bit buggy. The issue that bothers me most is that when posting images, the top of the image is cut off and you have to guesstimate the amount of cutoff you’re going to get to still have your plant visible. There’s also just that sometimes it will freeze after posting a plant. However, many past bugs have been fixed, and I don’t think the remaining ones ruin the app. It’s true that many plants aren’t in the database and it takes ages to get them added, but I think that’s acceptable since you can just post the plant under a different name and clarify in the comments what it actually is.
Missing a bit
This app is great for gardening community! However you are slow to receive answers to your questions if you live in a less populated area like I do. You should be able to turn the location factor on and off so that many people can see your posts and you can see many other peoples posts! I don’t like that the photos are cropped differently than when you choose when posting them and you should be able to add more than one photo per post. But over all this app is great! PLEASE fix the location thing though. I think you will find that users are more active when they can see more posts than just the few in their area.
Buggy and needs more features
As someone who has never grown a plant but wants to get in to it, I think it’d be useful to have some kind of planning/preparation feature, where you can do research on what kind of plants you might want to have and the care you would have to give it before you actually go get the plant. You can kind of do that with your projects, but only if you add someone else’s plant. As far as I can tell, you can’t search or view an index of plants and their care. I’d love to see something like that in the future!
Also, I was testing out the “add plant” feature, and took a random photo and labeled it some random plant to see how it worked, but now I can’t seem to delete it: the “delete plant” button doesn’t work. So now I have a random photo of my apartment on my profile :(
- Ball Horticultural Company
- 181 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2019 GrowIt! All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.