Join GrowIt! the plant community.
On GrowIt! you can connect with people to have your plants identified and your questions answered, while finding inspiration for your next project.
>> Connect with local plant friends around you.
• Share photos and videos of your plants.
• Depending on where you live, plants tend to grow differently.
• Use GrowIt! to see what the community around you is growing.
• Comment on your favorite plants and get advice from local Plant Masters.
>> Have your plant and garden questions answered.
• Figure out why your fiddle leaf fig is turning yellow.
• Identify all of those mystery plants you’ve been seeing.
• See what’s been eating your tomatoes.
• Learn how to properly prepare your soil.
>> Access detailed plant information.
• Find great information on how to care for all of those houseplants that have taken over your apartment.
• Discover what it takes to grow the biggest vegetables in your community garden.
• Learn what flowers you should be planting, and which ones you should be avoiding.
• Sort with the filter feature to find plants based on where you’re planting.
• Use our Garden Shops feature to find a quality place to buy plants near you.
>> Find the inspiration you’ve been looking for.
• Browse through projects to find the ultimate theme for greening up your apartment.
• Explore options for building a raised bed.
• Search through hundreds of thousands of photos and member profiles and follow your favorite GrowIt! influencers.
• Add your own project to track your progress and show off your green thumb!
What are you waiting for? Let’s GrowIt!
This is the final of release of the GrowIt! app. The GrowIt! app will officially close on October 30th. All members are invited to join a member run Facebook Group called “The Plant Community.” We appreciate our members, your feedback, your participation, and plant love more than we will ever be able to express.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I do love this app.
I entered a contest a few months ago and won a plant. I chose to get a gift certificate at my local plant shop. I submitted their name, address, city and state and never heard anything. I guess I should just forget it but...
Please let me know if you have plans on honoring your promise of a plant.
Developer Response ,
Hi, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and we can look into this further for you. -Delaney
Great idea but a fail
I was really excited about the opportunity to get help on identifying mystery plants in my backyard, so this app looked promising. There doesn’t seem to be enough active members to make this worth while.
Additionally, I’m an avid plant collector and a crazy plant lady. I collect mostly orchids and I use another app for that, but the feature to have specific plant projects looked promising because I could keep track of my orchid collection as well as my carnivorous plants and other rare plant collections in one app. The system for adding plants is highly lacking. Most of my plants are hybrids that would not be in their database of “accepted plants” any plant not already in their database needs approval before it can be added and shared. Who exactly is doing the approving? This whole process is extremely inefficient. 90% of my collection will need to have special approval. This is not worth my time moving the information over. I have a plant waiting approval to be added for over 3 days now. I will update of and when my plants are finally approved to be added to my account.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for this feedback. To see more active members, try expanding your radius. We start members off in a default area of 75 miles to connect you to local people. As for plant name suggestions, we are always updating the plant database. You should be able to upload your orchids by using our variety box feature to specify their variety or hybrid type. Shoot us an email with your plants you would like added to the database to email@example.com and we can look into it for you. -Delaney
An OK app that doesn’t make social easy.
I’ve been a member for several years and haven’t been able to stay active because some features are lacking:
1. When in a plant profile, the app keeps dragging you to the “front page” where the name and info about the plant is, even when I was in the comment page, even after leaving a comment to someone there.
2. The idea of tagging has been around for a long time in social media. This app still requires you to type out the exact profile name of the person you are commenting to, instead of a simple “reply” button. Many users use a series of characters that only they themselves can remember. Having to memorize things is a hurdle to more engagement to the posts.
3. The library is very limited. And it’s slow to get response on feedback for more plants. I have a plant that’s been there for more than a year and it’s still waiting for name approval.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ball Horticultural Company
- 161.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 GrowIt! All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.