2018 Appy award-winner! GRYT is the only cancer community that empowers people to live according to their own standards. This space was built by patients and caregivers for patients and caregivers. We believe information is an undeniable right, so we’ve created a way for you to connect to people with similar experiences, providing inspiration, information, and access to options, allowing YOU to choose what's best for you. Our community of patients, survivors, medical professionals, researchers and advocates across all 50 states in the U.S. and in more than 100 countries worldwide have participated in almost 1,000,000 interactions to date, empowering people to live according to their own standards.
Unlike other apps, your information and data is never sold.
It's a digital cancer support group in your pocket.
GRYT Health's Cancer Community app includes:
- Trusted community support: Ask or answer cancer-related questions you might have and know you're getting advice from those who understand what you're going through; they've been there, too.
- Individual peer connection: Discover other users with similar profiles who share a common diagnosis and message them directly.
- Group chat: Explore multiple chatrooms with varying topics.
- Manage anxiety: Have questions? Need to vent? Connect with peers who have similar thoughts and feelings. Participate in programs led by clinical professionals who specialize in anxiety.
- AppChats: Participate in scheduled chats exploring topics both beneficial for your health (neuropathy, anxiety, etc.) and others just for fun.
- Updated Firebase
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Don't fight alone!
I was diagnosed with stage 4 burkitts lymphoma when I was eleven years old. Back then, one of the only ways to talk to people who were going through something similar was to meet them at the hospital. This can be extremely hard and uncomfortable for families and patients who have just received a diagnosis. The access that everyone has to the internet these days makes it easier than ever for people to come together and connect. This new revolutionary app "Stupid Cancer" makes it easier than ever for people like me, who have been effected by cancer, to connect with each other. Cancer is a hard battle to fight alone, but with "Stupid Cancer", you are never alone!
Within the first two days of being on this app, I had multiple women reach out to me to let me know that they too had been pregnant and lost the baby because of their own cancer. It’s such a unique grief my husband and I felt from this loss, nestled amongst the fear of a cancer diagnosis. To find out we weren’t alone in this experience sent goosebumps down my arms. Through this app, I’ll do my best to support these women, and all the other friends I’ve been making. I no longer feel alone, and I can tell already that helping others through this app will help heal my own heart too.
Perfect for cancer survivors!
I love how there is finally an app to connect with individuals that I can relate to! I do wish that in the Discover tab, you would be able to filter what kind of profiles you want to view based on different criteria. Currently, the Discover tab only shows the "people you may like to know" based on what your own profile says. I still think that's great, but I would like to match with other survivors that I wouldn't necessarily "match" up to as well. I also wish there were individual chat rooms based on different subjects and/or cancers and not just one big chat room. Other than those, I find this app very awesome! Thank you StupidCancer!
Developer Response ,
Hi RachaelAllen – Thanks for the feedback around the Discover tab. We're always thinking of new ways to make connections easier in the Stupid Cancer App. We're looking forward to making some tweaks to it in future versions for you!
- Gryt Health, Inc.
- 75.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 GRYT Health
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.